IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UKCPS - “No Stopping” Parking Charge

Options

Comments

• tonytickle
    Options
    I stopped here yesterday and only saw the big sign when I was driving away. I will watch with interest as I guess I too will get a notice from the company.

I have been picking up and dropping off here for years
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,120 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    You should all publicise this scam in the local paper and with your MPs.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 18 November 2020 at 12:16AM
    Options
    clearly there is no offer of parking , only forbidding signage, so its predatory behaviour and you would have to stop to read the signs, so reminds me of the MRS SUNGLASSES debacle with that latby and somebody like UKCPM

as this is manchester, hopefully they will try some court claims and get buried at Manchester county court by the judges there , under the CRA 2015 , forbidding signage , no offer to park so no consideration , no time allowed to read the signs and depart etc etc

its a massive sc@m , possibly the worst in our area now, worse that the AIRPORT PUB at manchester airport
  • Dum_Dum_Boy
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Then complain to Workman again, and this time that they passed your data to a third party without your permission and that they are handing over complaints to a scam ex-clamper firm instead of handling complaints that are clearly about that firm, and should not be shared with them. And that this will be reported to the ICO.

And do that complaint, about Workman, online as a concern about how your data was handled. See what the ICO say about this.

A quick update which perhaps it is useful for others here. The keeper complained to Workman about the way they handled his/her personal data. They answered but completely ignored the issue. Therefore a complaint was submitted to the ICO. It will be interesting to know how it will go.
    The keeper had all his/her appeals rejected by UKCPS as expected and let them know that he/she decided not to appeal to IAS for a various of reasons described in other threads here.
    In addition, a complaint to the local MP will be on its way soon. It will be beneficial if others here would do the same to raise awareness on the issue locally.
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,286 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    A quick update which perhaps it is useful for others here. The keeper complained to Workman about the way they handled his/her personal data. They answered but completely ignored the issue. Therefore a complaint was submitted to the ICO. It will be interesting to know how it will go.
    The keeper had all his/her appeals rejected by UKCPS as expected and let them know that he/she decided not to appeal to IAS for a various of reasons described in other threads here.
    In addition, a complaint to the local MP will be on its way soon. It will be beneficial if others here would do the same to raise awareness on the issue locally.

Well done. This is precisely what each and everyone who gets a PCN at this location should be doing.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Jaz_syed
    Options
    Please have a look at this video on YouTube titled. Manchester piccadilly gateway house NO STOPPING signage not visibe to traffic turning in left . I'm pretty sure the judge would like this .
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,738 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Here's the link that Jaz syed mentioned:
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,410 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I'm sure Judge Iyer will be very interested in the vid.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,120 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    That location also has no appearance whatsoever, of moving onto 'private land'.

The road markings are normal Local Authority give way lines and there is no visible entrance sign at all.

Nothing warns anyone but it seems from their inaction, the IPC think this is OK.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Jaz_syed
    Options
    Good news for many who had turned LEFT into piccadilly gateway house between 1st October - 25th December and recieved penalties for NO STOPPING because you couldn't or didn't see the new NO STOPPING sign as it is facing away from you and is mounted high !! I had pointed this out to UKCPS several times since November and suddenly this week( between 23rd - 25th December ) UKCPS have put on a new sign visible to traffic turning in left which they should have had on in the first place . This new restriction came into force in October according to their telephone staff Dave and Steve , many weren't aware and got stung .

This is not looking good on UKCPS and I strongly believe your penalties can be successfully contested due to lack of signage . Please watch 2 x part videos on YouTube titled : Manchester piccadilly gateway house NO STOPPING signage where ive pointed the old and new sign. Hope it helps . Good luck !
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback