IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UKCPS - “No Stopping” Parking Charge

Options
MissBizzita
MissBizzita Posts: 51 Forumite
First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
edited 17 November 2019 at 11:22AM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Hi,

I have read the FAQ and searched threads but can’t seem to find anything that matches my circumstances.

An elderly relative (disabled badge holder) was dropped off at Manchester Piccadilly Gateway House entrance. The vehicle maybe stayed for 1-2minutes while she got out of the car and then left. As keeper, I have now received a notice to keeper from UKCPS with a charge of £100/ discounted to £60 for 14 days. There is a picture of my car and the reason for issue states “No Stopping”.

I am not aware of signage and I do not live close to the station for me to easily return to check.

Given that this isn’t a parking violation as such, does the grace period argument still apply? Is it worth appealling given that the photo clearly shows the car as stationary?

Many thanks in advance,

MB

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    You should appeal , as keeper with the blue text template from the newbies faq sticky thread to ukcps

Then ignore

Ukcps will reject your appeal regardless

The newbies thread does tell you that the circumstances are irrelevant

The time to argue the case is in front of a judge , on forbidding signage , grace periods etc

Do not reveal who was driving , so edit your post accordingly
  • MissBizzita
    Options
    Thanks for this, I appreciate the reply.
  • Monty1924
    Monty1924 Posts: 10 Forumite
    edited 17 November 2019 at 3:24PM
    Options
    Hi

This has also happened the my vehicle it was also been issued a charge for NO STOPPING in the same place, back of Piccadilly station. I think loads of people have as the hotel, we owns the access have said they are getting loads of complaints. Anyway I Managed to get the email address of the landlord which is Lucinda.turner@workman.co.uk, The driver is disable blue badge holder and on state benefit due to a terminal diagnoses of breast cancer in the spine and was collecting someone from the station. The driver has also Used this access btw for years ......

As the registered keeper of the vehicle I have emailed to the landlord, should I still also appeal to UKCPS (again as the registered keeper) to their appeals emsil and then like you suggest do nothing else.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,638 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    MissBizzita, replace the word 'return' with 'visit' in your opening post.
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Complain to the DVLA that the vehicle briefly stopped to drop off a passenger, and therefore this was not a parking event. It was therefore a breach of the scammer's KADOE agreement with the DVLA and thus a DPA/GDPR breach as they had no right to access the keeper's personal data.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Hi Monty1924

Did you get a response from the landlord? I also recieved a NTK for 'No Stopping" at the same location. Was the letter sent to your vehicle NON POFA - MNPR, and has been sent outside of the alloted 14 days? (which from what I understand is the reason for the NON POFA header. I could be wrong) I will be appealing using the template on the Newbies sticky. Many thanks to all for the advice on this board.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    UKCPS will have done this to you all:
    Ukcps will reject your appeal regardless

But all of you need to do this, thanks to Monty1924 for this email:
    I think loads of people have as the hotel, we owns the access have said they are getting loads of complaints. Anyway I Managed to get the email address of the landlord which is Lucinda.turner@workman.co.uk
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Manchester090
    Options
    I’ve also had one of these.

Again arrived well outside 14 days. Seems to have been taken from a mobile phone.

I’ve dropped people off here many times over the years and never had an issue.
  • Manchester090
    Options
    Has anyone had any response from the landlord?
    Thanks!
  • nosferatu1001
    Options
    14 days is only relevant IF the driver isnt known, and I cna make a damned goodguess who that is
    Given its also NOT your thread, why are you posting here?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback