Barclays Account under review

Options
12345679»

Comments

• jonesMUFCforever
    Options
    So, does that mean they dispense cash based on you putting a card and PIN in the machine, or do they let you put money in and then allow you to draw it back out in different denominations - e.g. coins, smaller value notes?

I asked Barclays (via 'chat') if they have any ATMs that dispense coins and they said 'no'. I queried that, and they said I should call them up to talk about it, but I haven't.

The branch of Lloyds I use has TCR's you have to enter card and pin then you get choice of paying in or taking out (they are manned by cashiers). I have never asked for coins so don't know how that works but the notes you withdraw comes out of the machine and you take them and leave.
  • datz
    datz Posts: 159 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    So, does that mean they dispense cash based on you putting a card and PIN in the machine, or do they let you put money in and then allow you to draw it back out in different denominations - e.g. coins, smaller value notes?

I asked Barclays (via 'chat') if they have any ATMs that dispense coins and they said 'no'. I queried that, and they said I should call them up to talk about it, but I haven't.

The machines I was referencing are those that have replaced the cashiers inside the branches. I know not all branches use the same machines or were 'modernized' at the same time, since another branch close by uses different models (which may or may not have different capabilities).

The cash withdrawal options allow you to pick the overall withdrawal value, and then optionally adjust the quantity of each denomination that will be dispensed - this includes all notes (i.e £5 and £50 are options), as well as coins (at least £1 and £2 coins, as I got those when the machine was out of £5s - so not sure about smaller coin values).

Anyway, this is kind of going off at a tangent, lol - all I meant to say was that £197 from an ATM is not an entirely unreasonable statement for the OP to make.
  • annie_bloomer
    Options
    pcman1985 wrote: »
    It's 99% likely that Barclays have loaded a CIFAS Cat 6 marker in which case you won't get any account with a high street bank.

Send the SAR off to CIFAS (it's free) and if it comes back with a marker forget any high street bank and your first choice should then be Monzo, followed by any prepaid cards such as Thinkmoney (but they often have fees with when account, while Monzo is free)

Also was your Barclays account closed instantly, or a 30/60 day closure?

Its been under review for 30 days, yesterday they told me they decided to close the account. I got 30 days to withdraw funds.
    Also been told by Barclays that If they didn't mention in the letter that I got CIFAS marker put on my name then I should assume they didn't put it. Also why would they say in the letter that I should arrange new bank account with different bank, if they would put CIFAS marker which equals to no bank would accept me. ?
    Hi OP, I just wanted to checks what you found out about the CIFAS marker. Did Barclays submit one? 
    Annie 
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    pcman1985 wrote: »
    It's 99% likely that Barclays have loaded a CIFAS Cat 6 marker in which case you won't get any account with a high street bank.

Send the SAR off to CIFAS (it's free) and if it comes back with a marker forget any high street bank and your first choice should then be Monzo, followed by any prepaid cards such as Thinkmoney (but they often have fees with when account, while Monzo is free)

Also was your Barclays account closed instantly, or a 30/60 day closure?

Its been under review for 30 days, yesterday they told me they decided to close the account. I got 30 days to withdraw funds.
    Also been told by Barclays that If they didn't mention in the letter that I got CIFAS marker put on my name then I should assume they didn't put it. Also why would they say in the letter that I should arrange new bank account with different bank, if they would put CIFAS marker which equals to no bank would accept me. ?
    Hi OP, I just wanted to checks what you found out about the CIFAS marker. Did Barclays submit one? 
    Annie 
    @olofmeister was last active on this forum on 26 November 2019. They might not see your question.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback