🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Energy: Find the cheapest supplier & earn cashback

Options

Comments

• kats53
    kats53 Posts: 278 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've just been on the EDF website and the welcome fee is now £50 not £100!
  • Red123Wine
    Options
    This article on 23 November 2010 stated
    "Millions of households faced with winter energy price hikes can use a little-known loophole to maintain existing costs, as long as they then switch supplier.

This could buy users several months on the cheaper tariff and, other than the transfer itself, involves writing one email or letter (see the Elec & Gas guide)."

I have searched the guide for instruction on how to apply to maintain my existing rates whilst a switch is implemented. Please could you advise what I need to do.

I intend to move from Atlantic (whose Gas rates have just (1st December) been hiked by 9+% to an Eon deal fixed until Mar 2012.

Thanks in hope
  • charliep121
    Options
    I'm unsure of why this is necessary when the highest hike i've heard being announced was 9% and why we aren't given the exact companies who are increasing the prices to this level.
  • hogshead
    hogshead Posts: 2,217 Forumite
    Options
    Where is the link to get the £80 EDF cashback on quidco.
  • kats53
    kats53 Posts: 278 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    No link on quidco and the one on topcashback is not there now!
  • Spandy
    Spandy Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    I can save 20% by switching electricity suppliers (from British Gas Click Energy 6 to NPower sign online v20... ). Is there a way I can get both £15 going through uswitch, and £20.20 via topcashback? Going direct to the NPower doesn't get me any cashback better offer.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Spandy

Incidently, both simplyswitch.com and energyhelpline.com reckon my final bill will be £160/year for 1700kWh, but the former think they save me 34%, and the latter, 29%... I've been a keenie and checked, and it is simplyswitch who have the accurate figure.
  • saurya_s
    Options
    Hi saurya

If you've switched to Saveonline 4, the previous tariff (Fixonline 4) will have ended on the day of the switch.

You will receive all the discount applicable to Fixonline 4 right up to the date of the switch. Going forward, Saveonline 4 will kick in immediately following the switch.

Hope this explains what will happen saurya. Give me a shout if you need any more info as will be happy to help.

Malc

Ok Malc,
    I have phoned E-on to put me back to Fixonline 4 as the option to switch back is not available online. The sales rep said that it will be done but I have not received any confirmation to this effect. Can you please check this for me please. Fixonline 4 works better for me.
    Many thanks,
    S
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi suarya

Fixonline 4 was withdrawn from sale quite a while ago. Therefore, it no longer appears on our website.

Product switches are confirmed by letter within approx 7-10 working days following the switch.

I'll be happy to check this out for you suarya. Just email your details to the address in my Profile and I'll take a look.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • dave_wolves
    Options
    We are currently on the Online Energy Saver 7 with SP (which moves automatically over to Online Energy Saver 7 (Dec 2011)) for existing customers. I want to compare this deal via MSE/cashback websites but nobody has registered this new tariff yet. I have tried to do a manual calculation but it just blows my mind every time I pick the calculator up, any ideas as to where I can go to get a clear understanding of what I could be paying over the next 12 months with SP with this new "discounted" package? I have actually called SP for help on this but they probably know why I want this info and were baffling with their answer!! P.S We've got till Jan 17th to switch before we have to pay the £30 get-out fee! Appreciate anybody's help!!

Just to let you know the new rates are now in most of the comparison sites and thru Beat That Quote (via MSE!) I got £35 cashback and saved £148 a year, bonus! :rotfl:
  • AndersLimpar_2
    Options
    Moved into my new house on Friday, moved onto British Gas' Web Saver 10 for gas only and EDF Energy's Online Saver version 7 for the Electric.

Might not be the best but hopefully not the worst!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure