NST: November 2019

Options

Comments

• aimeemum
    Options
    Thanks for the November cahllenge and being such good company all - I've managed to acheive most of my targets....and got nearly all my tasks done I had planned , plus a couple of extra. Only managed 12 NSDs but a lot of that was to do with spreading the cost of xmas so I'll take that! I'm not sure if I'll join in for December as I don't think I'm going to have much time to spend on my PC lol. Hope everyone has a great festive season :D
    Changing my Family's Future!! - Starting again!!!!
    Current Progress -
    Debt - Start date 31/8/22 = £7,252.78
    Savings 31/8/22 - £0
    plus £1000 EF - £0/£1000 = 0%
  • delta13
    delta13 Posts: 322 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    End of the month update

Budget - Stuck to my budget with £40 to spare! That money will go towards Christmas spends.
    NSDs - I reached 14/15 - had to buy a phone today because mine is no longer usable, so one behind target. Quite a few of my spend days were under £5 so it wasn't like I was splurging the other 16 days - very happy with that.
    Paid money into my savings and paid my credit card bill off early: I've been rounding down my balance to the nearest pound each day and potting the change in a pingit jar for extra savings
    Make do/ Mend/ Do without - fixed my favourite cereal bowl! Did not manage to get stain out of favourite item of clothing so it will have to be scrapped :(
    Avoid every chain coffee shop and vending machine and corner shop - don't drink coffees so that was easy enough for me. I went to a few corner shops rather than the supermarket for essentials on spend days - trying to support small local businesses rather than the supermarket cashcows where possible.
    lunch to work - Haven't been as strict as I could be with this, but I managed to do 14/21 working days - that's two thirds.
    remove 60 items from your house (2 per day) – I've got a bag of things to take to the charity shop this afternoon - once that's gone I will be have got rid of over 80 items. :A
    use up your toiletries and household cleaners before buying any more - made it!
    2 outings - Only paid for one which was a trip to see my parents and sisters.
    tread lightly - been walking to and from work every day, apart from yesterday when I got a lift home. Apart from when I've needed a train, I've walked pretty much everywhere this month.
    donate £5 or time to a charity you support - DONE :A
    come on here every day and post three things you are grateful for - I missed out a few days but it's been good for reflection. It's made me realise that I actually really love my job at the moment (despite some stressful days!) - helps put things in perspective :)
    Today I'm thankful for - a slight lie-in; the flat to myself for the weekend; the curry I'm going to have this evening.
    Reach out to help other people - this is a big part of my job role, but I have also reached out to BiL for Xmas plans and to see how he's doing, some strangers in the street who needed help, seen a few friends and had them come over for dinner, spoke to my siblings who live away.
    1 or 2 new habits - fizzy drinks - did half the month but could have been better.
    Save £12k in 2022 = £3705.97/ £7,500 (49%)
    Save £12k in 2021 #76 = £11,857.21/ £10,000 (118%)

• crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Thanks so much for Yesvember Apple - it's been fantastic, and I have loved seeing such a busy thread all month.
    Not finished the month flying high with a nsd - took ds to celebrate his best friend's birthday so spent on that... his bestie is my bestie's son so I had coffee's and food etc. It's been lovely to catch up after so long - I haven't seen her for weeks.
    Home now and I've got washing on and have mopped the floor. I'm hunkering down now as it's so cold here - heating on and blankets to snuggle under for the rest of the night.
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Argh "avoiding the chains" - normally, I have nothing whatsoever to do with chains. But I was coming home from 12 days catsitting, which means I've been running about since 7am clearing up (its a freebie for family) so standing at Clapham Junction at midday, **starving** - at the stage where I was shaking with low blood sugar. Vegetarian pasty from the pasty shop - £4!!! Astonishing! It had to be done, though.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,727 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Thank you one and all for staying with me throughout YESvember. :D

It's been a month of lots of charity giving. Also lots of seeing family. Our health has improved from totally lurgified to nearly normal. 17 nsds. Some cmas prep done. And a healthy bank account at the end of it.

See you in December!
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,883 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Thank you apple for a great November challenge :D
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10794.85/£15000 (72% saved). Emergency fund - £1533.14/£2000 (76.7% saved).
  • ditty1234
    ditty1234 Posts: 2,038 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Apple muncher thanks for Yes-vember it's been fun and I have it's has been revealing to me how little I focus on decluttering. And I am impressed with what other people get done.
    Finally paid into my ds Movember challenge yesterday - I gave 12 and a few friends joined in and got his challenge over 50%.
    I am grateful for frozen fog, afternoon run, the spicy scents of allspice for a Lebanese lamb dish last night and for scent of gingerbread spices from my grandmothers recipe - started dough last night.
    LBM Jan 2019 - £25.928/Active debt £14253, 54% sorted
    Housing fund Jan 2024 £2000/6000 36%
    EF Jan 2024 £0/1000 0% Emergency fund is for worn out things like vacuum cleaner, dish washer, and washing machine.
  • borollan
    borollan Posts: 209 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thank you for letting me play
    It's been an eye opener and my home looks better for the declutter
    Stop Buying **** We Don't Need :D
  • lcc86
    lcc86 Posts: 2,354 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Checking in late to say thanks apple for running the challenge. I did appallingly badly in November and really messed up my budgets so aiming to do better in December!
    Save £3,000 emergency fund #79 - £2,056.55 as of 04/24
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,888 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Don't forget to find us in December!

:xmastree::santa2::xmastree::santa2::xmastree:

For plenty of fun and festive frolicking.

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=6076490
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport