edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Debt-free Wannabe Challenges
603 replies 26.7K views

Replies

• SpekySquareheadSpekySquarehead Forumite
    3K posts
    Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, late to the party. Kind of.

I'm aiming for 15 NSD's this month, which is a tall ask as I have a weekend back up in Glasgow, friends staying with me another weekend and a night out with my mates here. So, I need to be organised and disciplined. I welcome the challenge!!

Good luck everyone!
    :jDebt Free Date: 29/09/16:j
    Follow my diary HERE
  • Morning everyone,
    I am ready to tackle November.
    Enjoy your trip Dolly

I was up at half five and then went back to bed for a bit. I got up and had breakfast. No plans for the next few days. I was going to buy my return ticket for my trip today but, I am going to wait until my next payment comes through.

I had a takeaway last night but, promised myself I would have three NSDs in return. To be honest after therapy I usually need some comfort food in.
    No Spend November 2/15 and SPC 134
  • Toni'sfriendToni'sfriend Forumite
    2.7K posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dolly - We were down Beadnel way last month. Gorgeous part of the country and the sunrises and sunsets are spectacular. On clear nights the number o stars in the sky is amazing. So glad you enjoyed it.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • apple_muncherapple_muncher Forumite
    10.6K posts
    10,000 Posts Sixth Anniversary Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Indigo - your post-therapy food is also medicinal, and therefore won't lose you an nsd. It is a need.
    NST June; NSD 10; Ex 15; bagfuls (53)

Mortgage £500? ish (01/14: £78,201; 01/15: £59,629; 01/16: 39,915; 01/17: 27,295; 01/18 23,143; 01/19: 18.275) MFWDate: very soonish
  • apple_muncherapple_muncher Forumite
    10.6K posts
    10,000 Posts Sixth Anniversary Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to YESvember and a helloooo to all turtles, old and new. Enjoy the adventure!

Speky - you know that you can never be late to a turtle party! The door is always open.

Ditty - have you done your soa, to see where the money goes? I forgot to say in the intro that it's good to have a notebook as a constant friend, to jot down each and every spend.
    NST June; NSD 10; Ex 15; bagfuls (53)

Mortgage £500? ish (01/14: £78,201; 01/15: £59,629; 01/16: 39,915; 01/17: 27,295; 01/18 23,143; 01/19: 18.275) MFWDate: very soonish
  • Indigo - your post-therapy food is also medicinal, and therefore won't lose you an nsd. It is a need.

Thank you, I just feel I am justifying a spend that way, if you know what I mean. I could make something at home that would probably be a lot more satisfying.
    No Spend November 2/15 and SPC 134
  • thriftylassthriftylass Forumite
    3.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks mothernerd for running October and here's to Yesvember. Feeling positive. Didn't keep track of everything but ended the month with money in the bank (£5.21) and most of the saving intact and growing rather than being borrowed from again.

Also getting my Amazon refund in the next few days and had my £168 refund from my old energy supplier.
    NST
    SFD -/- spends £-/-
    Exercise -/-
    :j:j:jDebt - all 0% 0 to go from 5290 :j:j:j as of 12/19
    DFD 12/2019 Mortgage 109343 (04/17) 92300 (11/19) OP 1910
  • I went to Aldi and HomeBargains yesterday with a strict list after taking stock of the freezer and pantry contents. The intention was a NSD today to start the month but stomach flu has hit and I need to get Bananas and Soup ... o well, try again tomorrow ��
    Stop Buying **** We Don't Need :D
  • Happy_MondayHappy_Monday Forumite
    273 posts
    100 Posts
    ✭✭
    Morning all - happy YESvember, and good look to everyone.
    I'm planning on a NSD day - definitely nothing I NEED.
    Busy day at work, I've definitely got that Friday feeling today, will hopefully finish at a reasonable time and then go home and do a quick work out, have tea and then an early night.

I'm not sure if anyone saw the "being happy" quote by Abraham Hicks that was posted on the October thread, but I've typed this up and put it on my office door. It's received lots of positive comments so far, and one of my grateful thoughts today is that I am happy that I shared this with my colleagues - it's certainly given us all food for thought.

Borollan - I'm lethal in Home Bargains - and B&M bargains and Poundstretcher, even if I write a list I go WAY over, and spend more than I should. My tactic this month is to use up all my cleaning products and avoid these kind of stores!!

Have a great day everyone x
  • XSpenderXSpender Forumite
    3.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here I am and raring to go :j

Dolly I learnt to scuba dive off Beadnel Bay. A little nippy to say the least:eek:

Budget - November's budget done in YNAB. Money set aside for Christmas, DS sports trip deposit paid, balance of joinery work and decorating

Pay to Debts/Savings first Funds allocated to debt repayments and EF

15 NSDS 0/15 Always struggle with this one :o

Avoid Coffee Shops - not a great temptation for us but will be indulging in a Christmas coffee from Costalot as it's a Christmas tradition and coffee is required when DS plays at home and supports the club

Lunch to Work - Aiming for 20 days for DH 0/20 Not off to a good start this morning :o

Remove 60 Items - Great challenge for me this month :D Have a bag for the charity shop, books for the volunteer library and a lot of big bits of cardboard in the garage for recycling

Use up Toiletries and Condiments I don't have a stash of either toiletries or cleaning materials but have a few mini toiletries from hotels I can use up and want to use up lots of jars of condiments and odd ingredients I can't remember why I bought (capers??)

Daily Fresh Air The dog will be happy to help with this one ;)

Donate £5 - Samaritan's Purse shoe box appeal filled last month and will donate the £5 'posting/processing' fee. Also donate to poppy appeal at school and home

Daily Gratitude - it's tough to feel positive with redundancy at the end of the year but I have a lot to be grateful for

Help others, Love People :heart2:

New Habits - I want to eat better, it helps my energy levels, look less haggared and may help me lose a few pounds ( I can live in hope :cool:). I want to focus on getting things done at home and spearing frogs to keep me feeling positive when stuck 'working from home' with nothing to do as my contract comes to an end.

1) Eat 3 proper meals each day 0/30
    2) Drink 2 glasses of plain water each day 0/30
    3) Eat a minimum of 3 F&V each day 0/30
    4) Complete 2 items off my to do list each day 0/30

Off to strip the beds and stick them in the washer and fish out the details of DH expired savings bond which has only needed transferring to another account for 2 years :eek::o
    PAYDBX 2020 £6,339.44/£10,000 63.4%
    Target CC - £0/£1030 SIF by Nov 2020
    Target Loan - £0/£493.43 by Nov 2020
    Big Emergency Fund Part 1 - 52%

Days since CC used - Christmas Eve 2019 - 189 (7 in 2019 + 2020)