NST: November 2019

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Debt-free Wannabe Challenges
603 replies 26.8K views

Replies

• dolly84dolly84 Forumite
    5.4K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Organised a bag for the charity shop last night so decluttering is at 5/60. This includes one item I listed on ebay last night which sold straightaway, the money from that has been used this morning to purchase a pair of football boots (pre-loved) for DS, he only wears these for school games lessons and even then it is only when they are playing rugby/football on the field so not even every week but if they don't have them they are in trouble - I can honestly say I will be so glad when my kids are no longer at school and I don't have to abide by all the rules they have - sorry teachers.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 18/66
  • delta13delta13 Forumite
    203 posts
    100 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    #25 checking in this morning.

NSDs - no spending yesterday and OH is treating me to dinner later as he’ll be away from tomorrow for nearly 3 weeks, so will not spend anything today either. 2/15!

Items removed - 16/60 - made a list of things I want to sell on ebay, and have bagged 10 items for the charity shop.

Use up - all in order

Outings - walking to the museum this afternoon to see an exhibition (free) and using M&S voucher I found for treats for when we get home :D

Daily fresh air - going out this afternoon, see above

Gratitudes - sunny mornings! OH for cup of tea this morning when I couldn’t be bothered getting up. And that it’s Sunday and Attenbourough and “His Dark Materials” is on later!

New habits - not had a fizzy drink so far. 2/30
    Save £10k in 2020 #15 = £7316.07/ £10,000 (73%)
    3-6 month Emergency Fund Challenge #42 = £60/ £5000 (1.2%)
    NSD August: 9/15
    SPC13 #142
  • Grateful for my comical son and his equally comical children, a lovely walk in the park and a bargain tunic in the charity shop.

Managed to remove 6 things from my house by donating some Big Country lyric books to a neighbour who is a fan. Yay me.

0 NSDs because of the Stomach Flu and now the tunic, but its gorgeous and warm and I needed something like that to go over a base layer.

aiming to find my husbands long lost sister for crimbo, hence the ride to Liverpool and the chat in the charity shop. thats going to be my something new to do

budget set at start of this ... bills paid and I've shaved £15 a week off what I normally allow for shopping so I really must get some Nsds in
    Stop Buying **** We Don't Need :D
  • edited 3 November 2019 at 3:37PM
    doingitanywaydoingitanyway Forumite
    5.9K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 3 November 2019 at 3:37PM
    A NSD at last, so 1/15 ;)

Today I am GRATEFUL for a clean kitchen, cheap travel tickets and pecan nuts 1/3 off in Lid1 :)

OUTINGS: I booked a day out in December to the seaside. I’m one of those weird people who prefers the seaside out of season. The tickets are usually £26 each way but I got them for £5 each way. Cafe’s, walks, fish and chips. I can’t wait. My other trip is the cinema tomorrow (I have a free ticket I need to use up). The cinema is near an appointment I have later in the day. I will take my flask. NO COFFEE CHAIN for me :)

I’ll be out most of tomorrow so I will take a PACKED LUNCH. Packing it tonight :)

I’ve been cleaning my kitchen and finding stuff to DECLUTTER or throw along the way…so far 10 items.

So there we are. Wishing my fellow turtles a positive day :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.
  • crazy_cat_ladycrazy_cat_lady Forumite
    6.6K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello :wave:
    I haven't managed a nsd yet this month, but it's been productive spending. Groceries on Friday, plus planned shopping from a list for festivities for December yesterday and today. It's been spendy but not needlessly spendy.
    I've also made a good start on decluttering stuff and sorting out. I sorted out my towels and bedding and have a massive bag ready to go to the charity shop or animal shelter. While I was in the cupboard I found some stuff belonging to my ex which I've put into a charity bag as well. He's had over 18 months to get it if he wanted it. I just need someone to want to collect stuff for charity now. I've been in the loft as well and removed some junk from up there, including a big bag of wool leftovers that have been enough for me to make a blanket, so I'm pleased to be using up leftovers in one sense of the word.
    Back to work tomorrow so enjoying the last few hours of being able to relax in the house in the warmth, wearing what I want rather than work clothes.
    NST July Jouster 13
    Pay all your debt off by 2020 #56 £4664.23/£10000
    1% challenge #14 (£26.25) = 20.2%
  • Toni'sfriendToni'sfriend Forumite
    2.8K posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary
    ✭✭✭✭
    NSD No 3

Had breakfast and will try to have some fruit later. I like fruit but I find it difficult to fit it in to my eating pattern. At least I've ditched the chocolate.

Made a chilli with mince from the freezer. There will be enough to do us for two days. One with pitta bread or rice and another with a baked potato. I do love baked potatoes.

I haven't been keeping a tally of the number of things I've decluttered. Just trying to do a couple a day but today has been:

A pair of trousers that I would have been embarrassed to offer to the charity shop because they were so tatty.
    An old credit card that hasn't been used in years. Cut up, of course.
    Numerous shoe cleaning kits that Himself had liberated from varying hotels in Europe.
    A shoe horn. Where did that come from?
    A can of hair spray that doesn't work because the spray mechanism is broken.

I'm just beginning to realise what a lot of tat/useless/broken items we have in this house.

So today I'm grateful for (sorry keep forgetting to do this).

An easy dinner tonight for the three of us. A lovely steak pie bought at the market on our way home from Northumberland, mash and parsnips (both prepared by Himself)
    My slow cooker (I just love it and and lovely lady who bought it for me as a present)
    My Sister in Law keeping relatively well and being so positive and independent (even though the independence worries us slightly I have such enormous admiration for the way she is coping)

Enjoy what's left of the weekend.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • edited 3 November 2019 at 5:15PM
    lcc86lcc86 Forumite
    1.4K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭
    edited 3 November 2019 at 5:15PM
    Afternoon all,

Still haven't managed a NSD. OH needed some new work shoes this morning, so we went to the shops and I bought some new riding gloves as I've lost one of mine :mad: definitely need them with winter coming up! They were £2.99 so it didn't break the bank. I also got my car washed at a cheaper place than where I planned to go on Friday, so saved £6 there. The joys of having a white car....

Went horse riding this afternoon and also popped to the gym as well, now just relaxing with a cup of tea before I empty the recycling. Have OH's old shoes to declutter as well.

Should rack up a few NSD's during the week as I never really spend during the week so onwards and upwards!

Today I'm grateful for a lovely horse ride, for not getting wet, and for yummy chocolate protein bars.
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5124473 - my original diary :money:
    Car debt total May 2020 £5,200 - July 2020 £4,358
  • Afternoon/Evening everyone, I am feeling a little bit more positive today. Cold isn't as bad. Well, I managed an NSD yay!! I had a realization that sometimes I go shopping because I am bored and need to fill an hour. So I went for a walk and left my purse at home. I also put all my sweets in one box and it's filled so I am not allowing myself to buy any more junk food until that box is empty.

Also regarding charity stuff: I am playing Secret Santa this year to the kids who visit the local sweetshop. We live in a kind deprived area and I wanted to do something for Christmas despite feeling rather humbug about it. I have asked the owner to make 100 small bags of sweets and at Christmas, she is going to hand them out to as many families as possible. I don't want my name attached to it though. It's costing me £40. I have paid half and will be paying the rest when I next get a payment.

Today I am grateful:
    1. a secure roof over my head
    2. my best friend (even if he does wind me up sometimes)
    3. My cat Pepper that I get cuddle
    No Spend November 2/15 and SPC 134
  • Toni'sfriendToni'sfriend Forumite
    2.8K posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also regarding charity stuff: I am playing Secret Santa this year to the kids who visit the local sweetshop. We live in a kind deprived area and I wanted to do something for Christmas despite feeling rather humbug about it. I have asked the owner to make 100 small bags of sweets and at Christmas, she is going to hand them out to as many families as possible. I don't want my name attached to it though. It's costing me £40. I have paid half and will be paying the rest when I next get a payment.

That is a really lovely thing to do. I would like to do something locally as well. Just don't quite know what yet. I'm hoping the man from the Salvation Army might be able to suggest something possibly to help children/families in difficult circumstances.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • greentgreent Forumite
    9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ahh, Indigo - that's lovely :)
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    BTL Mtge 12/16 £69786 12/19 £48986 2020 OPs (#18) £5010/6K
    Net sales 2020 £587.09/£500 Decluttering: 1760/2020