PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Weight Loss 2019 Part 4

Options

Comments

• Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,140 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Well done on the ½lb Cranky :T I hope your OHs surgery went well today.

There's been no family update today so i'm assuming all is well with both my sisters, I'll call later tonight once I get home

B - Porridge and fruit
    L - Vegetable soup and packet of crisp
    D - not sure yet but maybe eggs and bacon
    S - Grapes, chocolate hobnob

Have a good weekend all hopefully it won't be too wet. I'm working tomorrow which unfortunately is meant to be dry :cool:
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • Blue_Doggy
    Blue_Doggy Posts: 801 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 13 December 2019 at 10:35PM
    Options
    Good evening everyone :)

Brambling I hope you have good news of your sisters.

CRANKY40 congratulations on the loss :j. I hope the spooky coincidences go away (unless you’re being witchy and welcoming them). Your festive sprouts sound really cute. :) Hoping all’s well with your OH.

A day of driving around local towns and villages for assorted errands. The fact that the planet was not saved by me today is down to the lack of buses! (Or that my village has limited resources, and so does (or doesn’t) the nearest town - which is the only place the bus goes.) (Mini-rantette over :D).) But lovely it was dry and bright if cold. I even dried my laundry on the line before I went out :A. Maybe that’s an offsetting :rotfl:.

Eaten today:
    B: porridge
    L: -
    D: tomato soup, steamed haddock with peas, fennel & tomatoes, cinnamon yogurt
    “Tomorrow is another day for decluttering.”
    Decluttering 2023 🏅🏅🏅🏅⭐️⭐️
  • Brambling
    Options
    The joys of village living Blue Doggy, I grew up in one so I remember it well, no fun growing up when the last bus leaves the nearest town back to the village at 6pm :cool: although I understand it's a bit later now although they are less frequent

My sister is still in hospital what they originally thought was pneumonia is bronchitis so they're keep her in until at least Sunday, as usual with her it was very dramatic. My eldest sister is more of a worry with daily doctor checks as her blood pressure is still bad the top number is over 200 :eek: and she's nearly 80, they're upping her meds gradually

Dinner ended up as a blue cheese and leek omelette with wilted spinach
  • Blue_Doggy
    Options

Brambling I hope you have good news of your sisters.

I’ve been doing odd bits of “picking”, quite unnecessarily, and looking back at previous attempts at losing weight I realise I’ve reached my “sticking” weight, and my body is trying to keep me there and not let me lose any more. I know I must persevere and work through this point, but it ain’t easy.

Anyway, today’s meals were:
    L: sardine salad, dried mixed fruit (raisins, sultanas etc intended for the Christmas cake)
    S: more dried mixed fruit
    D: spinach soup, beefburger (no bread/bun) with mixed veg, cinnamon yogurt
  • FrugalLina
    Options
    Well done on your 2lb loss, Bfh, I hope you are fully recovered now. :j

BlueDoggy, I know what you mean about that picking and sticking at a certain weight. It isn't easy, but the best thing to do is stick with it. Or change it up and try something else. I intend to increase my exercise a little when I get to that stage. But I may try a different style of dieting completely. :)

Brambling, I hope your sisters are OK. :(

Cranky40, what a strange set of circumstances, that would unnerve me too. Well done on your weight loss.

Hi Sirens and everyone else reading this! :)

I went out on my bike earlier today and got caught in a rogue hailstone shower right into my face. I think I may have received a microdermabrasion facial treatment thanks to mother nature! :rotfl:
    31.5/100
  • Blue_Doggy
    Options

FrugalLina well done on your bike ride and braving the wintry weather :T. I think stopping picking at bits will be the first thing to do. Reason for picking: feeling a bit low. Antidote: keep busy.

Well, I’ve managed to gain +2lb. :( It’s a good thing I lost it last week. Oh well, onwards! I don’t think there’s any chance of mince pies this week, except maybe Wednesday when I have a Christmas lunch with friends.

Eaten today:
    D: vegetable soup, lamb leg steak with aubergine, green beans and broccoli, raspberries with yogurt
    T: Scotch woodcock (no toast) with chicory

No picking!
  • FrugalLina
    Options
    Sorry about the gain, BlueDoggy, that is just hopefully temporary weight that hasn't settled in yet, which will disappear if you stick to healthy eating. Fingers crossed for a loss next week. :o

Keeping away from picking at food is so hard at this time of year - there seems to be temptation everywhere. :cool:
    31.5/100
  • Brambling
    edited 16 December 2019 at 10:39PM
    Options
    Old Style Weight Loss Challenge 2019 4th Quarter

01/10/19 - 31/12/19

Imperial (lbs)
    Bfh 2/7. STS/STS/:):)
    Blue Doggy - 9/14. :):)/STS/STS/:):)/:)/:)/:)/:)/:)/:):)/:D:D
    Brambling 5.5/12. :D:D:o/:):);)/:):);)/STS/:D/:):)/STS/:):):)/:D/STS
    Cranky - 6.5/12. :):)/STS/:)/:)/STS/STS/:):)/;)
    DebbieDodge 3/14. :)/:):)
    Dumpling-18/31 :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)/:D/:):)
    Frith - -/
    FrugalLina - 23/26. :):):):)/:):):)/;)/:):)/:):);)/:):)/:)/:):);)/:)/:)/:):):);)
    Honeythewitch - 1.5/7. :D:o/STS/:):);)/STS/STS/:):)/STS/:D:o
    Izadora - +5.5/14. ;)/:)/:D:o/STS/:D/:D/:D/:D:D/:D:o/
    Millymouse -1/17. :)
    Murphybear /
    Need2bthifty -1.5/9 :D/:):);)
    S_glover - +3/11 :)/:D:D:D:D/STS/STS
    SIRENS - 2.5/16. :)/:D:D:o/:D/:):):):):)/:):)/:D/:o/:D:D:D/:):)/;)
    Tighteningthebelt 14.5/20 :):)/:):)/:):)/:):);)/:)/:):):)/:):)
    Wishus 0.5/7 ;)/STS
  • Brambling
    Options
    Sorry about the gain Blue Doggy this is a horrible time to try and lose weight, too many temptations :)

Hope you recovered from your bike ride FrugalLina hail can hurt :o

I'm please to say my sister is out of hospital she came home yesterday and seemed quite well when I spoke to her, I did try to bite by tongue as I've heard that having been read the riot act about her weight in hospital she sent her friend out to get her fish and chips when she got home :cool:

I've been picking all weekend which hasn't been good, I worked from home yesterday so was tempted by the closest of the kitchen and bored by work :cool: I did pop out to the garden centre this afternoon with my sister to catch up and discuss family stuff and turned down the offer of cake :) I've used the excuse of family worries to eat for the last few days, which isn't good. My sister reminded me I promised her a Christmas table runner and it's almost Christmas :whistle: was able to show her it had been started, I will be working on it the next couple of evenings :o

B - toast and marmalade
    L - spicy bean burger (and more bread :()
    D - pork chop, new potatoes and vegetables
    S - cheese, chocolates
  • FrugalLina
    Options
    The hail during my bike ride did hurt, Brambling, plus it blinded me as I couldn't keep my eyes open, so I had to dismount and wait it out. Luckily it stopped enough for me to carry on with my journey.

I hope you can get the picking under control, it seems to be affecting all of us at the moment, so it isn't just you. Just too much temptation around. :o

I am glad your sister is doing OK, even if she was naughty. Maybe that is her last hurrah before going on a diet. :cool:

Anyway, I weighed in this morning and have lost an astonishing -3.5lbs!! No idea why it is so much as I really felt I had lost the plot on Monday and Tuesday (and seriously considered giving up), but I think it may be due to the fact that I had lost just 1lb over the past two weeks and it was my body catching up. I am glad I stuck with it and carried on now. :j

The good thing is that now I am under the 200lb mark and happily into onederland. Plus, I have now lost a third of the total I need to lose - which feels so encouraging. :T
    31.5/100
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport