Options

Comments

• sarymclary
    sarymclary Posts: 3,224 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 16 October 2019 at 9:53PM
    Options
    Evening,

Kathrynha hope DD is okay - sounds super painful poor thing.

Great losses PIB and DIMW :T

Well I’m not on steroids, but despite Friday the scales showing a 2lb loss, today it was only 0.5lb. Not able to really account for it other than I ate bread over the weekend, and none alll last week. That’s the only change. I’m convinced it makes me gain and retain weight, but no idea why :think:

Meal plan today:
    B - porridge HEB & milk from heA. Sugar (2) cinnamon
    Snack - banana
    L - butternut squash soup; melon, strawberries & mango
    D - sausages 1BGTY (1) & 3 x TTD skinny 0.5 each? (1.5), mash, beans, gravy (2)

Bit low on veggies today, but really fancied bangers for tea so thought sod it!

DS4 is cooking dinner tomorrow night. He is planning to do pasta, and he’s not a bad cook for 19y/o. Just hoping he doesn’t add chillies like he loves to usually, as I don’t like them. He does love to add spinach, and I bought more of that today.

Keep plodding on.
    One day the clocks will stop, and time won't mean a thing

Be nice to your children, they'll choose your care home
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,596 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Ended up having the hifi bar with a cuppa yesterday so was a definite Green day!

Today's plan:

B - sausage (2) and mushroom S sandwich HEB
    L - HM scotch egg made with Linda McCartney red onion & rosemary sausages P; F; lettuce, cucumber, tomato & pickles. DH is having his made with butchers sausages as he's not keen on the Linda Mc ones.
    D - beef bourguignon; swede and carrot mash. Will probably also do some potatoes for DH. P; S; F (if I have potato as well)

HEA - milk
    HEB - bread
    Syns - sausages 2; spread 2

Definitely a few Syns too many this week but hopefully won't make too much difference at the scales tomorrow. I'm well within target so no matter if it is a gain!

Denise
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,660 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Fantastic loss PIB:T. You're doing so well.:D

Shame about the gain kathrynha. Better luck next time. :)

I've wondered why steroids cause weight gain bubbs. I suppose it's because they increase the appetite but hopefully if the extra food is all SW friendly it shouldn't matter. :think:

I'm putting soup down for my lunch. I've got one portion of lentil and veg left in the freezer that isn't very nice but I can't bring myself to bin it. :money: It's made with stock from unsmoked gammon which isn't a fraction as tasty as the smoked IMO. I want to get rid of it before making more decent stuff ready for colder weather.

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit (F), ham, scrambled eggs (P) HEB toast, HEA milk for drinks
    L: lentil and veg soup (P,S)
    D: Austrian Ham Hash (P,S,F) with cabbage and broccoli (S)
    Syns: HP sauce 1
  • joedenise
    Options
    Didn't fancy the salad for lunch so just had the scotch egg with pickled beetroot, cornichons & onions. It was really tasty - at least it contained P; S & F

Denise
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,660 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    joedenise wrote: »
    Didn't fancy the salad for lunch so just had the scotch egg with pickled beetroot, cornichons & onions. It was really tasty - at least it contained P; S & F

Denise

I didn't change my lunch plan. :( I ate the mediocre soup. I also realised another reason it wasn't like my usual. That was because I'd run out of the red lentils and used that soup mix with pearl barley in it. Really gloopy. :( Do you suppose the birds would eat the soup mix? I've still got half a pack. :D
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,634 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    I am sure the birds would love it Maman.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • joedenise
    Options
    Maman birds can eat pearl barley but it will encourage birds like pigeons, doves etc, ie the larger birds. Would be better if it is soaked rather than dry as it can swell once eaten.

Denise
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,963 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    maman wrote: »

I've wondered why steroids cause weight gain bubbs. I suppose it's because they increase the appetite but hopefully if the extra food is all SW friendly it shouldn't matter. :think:
    Consultant said fluid ? but i was totally on plan last week and consultant even said that my diary was spot on.
    Well they are finished now yesterday i was ravenous all day, my belly hurt it felt so empty :( yet i ate loads i ended up having a dish of beetroot and 5 slices of ham before i went bed:rotfl::rotfl:
    Today been fine :D
    Berries and ff greek yog
    Chunk of crustless quiche
    Scotch egg and 2 apples

Stir fry for tea:D
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    Options
    Sorry afternoon all :D
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    Options
    DSC00147.jpg
    Yummy :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure