Forum Home» Energy

Small supplier Eversmart Energy stops trading - MSE News - Page 11

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Small supplier Eversmart Energy stops trading - MSE News

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Energy
274 replies 16.9K views

Replies

• StratusStratus Forumite
    221 posts
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    My switch from Utilita to Symbio which I initiated on 19th September has been blocked.

The following communication was received from Symbio this morning:
    We would like to inform you that we cannot proceed to switch you to Symbio Energy, as you have been recently switched to another supplier. When such a switch takes place, you would need to stay with the current supplier, for at least 3-4 weeks, before a new switch can be initiated.

Hence, we would request you to contact us, once you have completed the said period, and we will then gladly reinitiate the switch. It will then take 14 to 21 days further on for your supply to be active with us.

Haven't decided what to do next.
  • StratusStratus Forumite
    221 posts
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Utilta's rates from October 1st must be going to be more competitive than their "Smart Energy" tariff as they need to provide at least 30 days advance notice of any price changes that would disadvantage customers. Unless of course SOLRs have separate conditions applicable to them.
  • tomtheredtomthered Forumite
    254 posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭
    Stratus wrote: »
    My switch from Utilita to Symbio which I initiated on 19th September has been blocked.

The following communication was received from Symbio this morning:

Haven't decided what to do next.

Am in the same boat as I have just spoken with Symbio and they say its because that data hasn't been transferred yet but as of 7th October you need to ring Utilita asking them not to object and then you can reapply and it should go ahead.
  • edited 27 September 2019 at 9:22AM
    RedbullmasterRedbullmaster Forumite
    27 posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper
    edited 27 September 2019 at 9:22AM
    My switch has been cancelled, advised to wait a month before retrying.
    Or to reapply and ask Utilita not to cancel the request for a transfer.

Phoned Utilita, who says I could have switched from weds 25/09, as that was a week. Says he put a note on the account to not object the new switch.

So had to reapply today, new date is now the 11/11 instead of my original of 05/11.

Hopefully no more issues with the switch going forward.

This is with Symbio
  • edited 27 September 2019 at 10:10AM
    JohnB47JohnB47 Forumite
    1.8K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    edited 27 September 2019 at 10:10AM
    Despite being told by Utilita that I could switch from 26th Sept, my request to switch to a fixed deal with Breeze has been blocked.

Breeze tell me that I can switch on 5th Oct (that's the date Utilita told them) so they are willing to hold my switch request and automatically apply it then.

Seems all a bit messy.

One thing I would say is that, on the two occasions I called Breeze, they answered the call within seconds and with no endless "press 1 if you want...." nonsense. Just try calling Utilita and you'll hear what I mean.

Great service so far from Breeze.

Also, my estimated bill for the year with Breeze is £50 cheaper than my estimated Welcome Home deal with Eversmart. (That is, using the same past years consumption for each calculation).

Who said energy bills were going up?
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • I replied to tomthered in his own thread he already started about his situation :)
  • molerat wrote: »
    Bit of a moot point now as the Eversmart site shut down on 19th.

It was still really good advice.
  • collectorscollectors Forumite
    162 posts
    Tenth Anniversary 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    I tried to move to Igloo Energy, but was told by Igloo that they could not change me until the 2/9/2019. So, i will try again on the 2nd
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • Just sent snotagram to ofgem, about this process why we are paying up to 3 times the price I can get elsewhere...won't change anything but makes me feel better 😁:rotfl:
  • bufferz wrote: »
    Just sent snotagram to ofgem, about this process why we are paying up to 3 times the price I can get elsewhere...won't change anything but makes me feel better 😁:rotfl:

Did the same over a week ago, not heard back