Comments

• DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,419
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 19 August 2019 at 7:56PM
    Hi all :)
    Do take care those who are feeling poorly :(
    I'm not poorly, but shattered after having grandchildren for most of the day, both this morning, and just little GS this afternoon as DD took GD to the cinema. DD is having a new kitchen fitted atm, and 20 month old GS kept dragging the fitter's tool box away :rotfl: Hopefully they will find something else to amuse them tomorrow!
    House is now a tip, and there is no way I am going to be cleaning it this evening. However, I have managed a few small things:
    Checked banks
    Free HG raspberries for breakfast :)

Did the shopping that I wanted early before I was invaded. Just one more thing to get which I will get from the pound-ish shop tomorrow.

Checked sales unit but didn't have the time to make any changes other than a quick tidy
    Took paper recycling to the supermarket with me, as they have recycling bins in the car park. Our doorstep collection doesn't work for paper, as you have to put it in a flat box with an inadequate lid, so if it is even slightly windy, the lid blows off and the paper goes everywhere :mad: Easier to take it to the supermarket every few weeks!
    Food from home, using up leftovers in the fridge! No cooking today :T
    Freecycler failed to turn up to collect item as arranged :mad: They turned up this evening. It was annoying having waited in all afternoon when I could have taken GS for a walk in his pram,but at least the item (an old cool box) has gone now!
    It has at long last stopped raining, so I have pegged a load of washing out and it is blowing nicely so should dry by the time I need to get it in.
    I have another load in the machine
    I have taken the dog for his booster vaccination, which was an awful drama, as you can imaging. I had to carry him home, as it rendered him incapable of walking. He has just about got over it now, with the help of a slice of ham :rotfl:
    Made a grooming appointment for very scruffy dog, he won't like that much, either.
    I now need to pick the raspberries and beans, and check the tomatoes, cucumbers and courgettes. Decided this can wait till tomorrow. I did however have a bit of a clear up of the kids' mess, put the dishwasher on and washed up the bits that can't go in it, wiped the worktops, wiped the oilcloth table cover on the dining table and cleaned out the grotty corner in the lounge behind where the printer is kept :)
    Looking forward to an early night apart from that!
  • La_escocesa
    La_escocesa Posts: 3,096
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Hi everyone :wave:

Aw, hope everyone is doing ok.
    CLF - v glad you've been looking to get a drs appt and not just ploughing on. Good for you!! :T
    Ziggy, hope your DS enjoys his course. Wow, can't believe how quickly he's growing up!! :D I've just googled NCS - sounds fab! :T
    DNMS - sounds good about you chopping and changing TOMM to suit your shifts. I got a free £5 voucher for the play store from my mobile company so I used it to buy the app. Works quite well and you can add all your own tasks to the list so you can customise it. Not that you need the app at all as you can just do whatever you like! :o:p

I was quite productive on the money front yesterday - opened baby girl a bank account (4.5% interest!) and opened an account on kidstart - you get cashback from online shopping and it goes into savings for her. Absolutely no effort required from mama. :)

Also looked into a class to take her to - same class, one location was £5 with free parking and the other was £6.50... Guess which venue I chose?! :cool:

Oat milk is chilling in the fridge... I timed how long it took me to make it because I am a geek... :rotfl: About 10 mins all in, 6 min to make and 4 min clean up... I want to reduce this as the nutribullet I have only makes about 600ml so not really worth the effort as kinda need to do it every night so it's nice and chilled by morning... :think: But still, with 3/4 cup oats, 2 dates and water it is WAAAAAAY cheaper than any oat milk I could buy so definitely still worth it, especially as we spend around £7 on milk a week at the mo!

We need to go out a walk today as I made OH get the pram out of his car before he left for work :rotfl: I didn't want the feeling of being stuck in the house and not able to leave if I wanted to but now the pram is here I have no desire to leave :rotfl:

Just found out our discount scheme through work finishes tomorrow. Annoying as I was just getting used to it. I use it for a free movie a month, a free coffee out and half price cinema tickets, so I will miss those! Good news is that I've got 4 cinema vouchers stashed so I'll get my codes for a free movie and a free coffee today (and hope they still work tomorrow!!).

Need to video call mum today - it makes living 250 miles away with her newborn granddaughter a bit better. Definitely brightens her day. :)

Just remembered I need to make strawberry jam today before they all go bad (if they aren't bad already!!!)

Oops, sorry for the essay everyone! :p
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,419
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Morning all :)
    Intrigued by the oat milk La E. What do you use it for? Instead of ordinary milk?

Hope everyone is feeling ok today.
    My plans are as follows:
    Walk into town to do 3 errands. I need to get my old boots reheeled so that they do yet another winter :T post an ebay parcel and buy some foil dishes from the pound shop for freezing HM pesto, tomato sauce etc.

Some cooking - I need cake (yes, I really do!), make a chilli to use up some mince and bendy veg, and some kind of pasta with cheese sauce with ham in it, to use up some ham that my brother brought round from the staff shop where he works.
    Some cleaning is also needed. Kitchen and lounge I think - downstairs generally looks like a bomb site after little ones yesterday, but the dining room is probably ok for another day.
    Back later to update on progress!
  • ditty1234
    ditty1234 Posts: 2,011
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 20 August 2019 at 9:18AM
    Ok so my last day at work for this week with coffee and milk in the work fridge, and lunch in my bag. Yesterday did not turn out a NSD day as I gave ds £10 towards his trip to capital today w friend - he's 17 in a month so figure he'll be OK as it's in the day time. But slightly worried.
    Also I wanted to run a 10 K club run where places were running out so I signed up yesterday - feel a guilty for treating myself to a run but now it's done.
    Will make small pizzas from stores for dinner as everybody seems to be eating dinners at different times.
    So morrow is going to be a day of sorting - as uni son will be home.
    And Thursday will be a day of sorting my ds future based on his GCSE results - fingers crossed.
    So lots of things will be in place for the long weekend, and we will be able to get everything ready for the year.
    As always am thankful for this thread and it is very inspirational.
    Oh and have 2 Facebook sales lined up for tomorrow.
    Oh and have found some full time jobs to apply for ... the 0.6+hourly+agency+agency is grinding me down.
    A colleague whom is my age (50+) just walked in and went ... I'm a home owner ... It is a long shot, but some day!
    LBM Jan 2019 - £25.928/Active debt £14253, 54% sorted
    Housing fund Jan 2024 £2000/6000 36%
    EF Jan 2024 £0/1000 0% Emergency fund is for worn out things like vacuum cleaner, dish washer, and washing machine.
  • ziggy2407
    ziggy2407 Posts: 4,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 20 August 2019 at 6:43PM
    Good Morning

LaE - I agree, NCS seems great

Gosh I'm tired (and still very achey) after a very noisy night - lots of cars, banging doors and chit chatting, thanks to neighbours going away early hours. Today we will:

Gym - Done
    Check Bank & made PAD - Done
    RM Survey - Done
    Emulsion DS's bedroom -
    Swagbucks (swago board available) -
    Shower & Pamper session -
    Purge a few emails -
    Enter comps -
    All meals from cupboards/fridge/freezer -
    Checked: Lucky Bob, PMP, WinaDinner -
    Read Library Book -

Have a great day!

C x
    Goodreads 2024 Challenge: 17/80
    Goodreads 2023 Challenge: 77/52

• carrielovesfanta
    carrielovesfanta Posts: 2,978
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 20 August 2019 at 5:08PM
    Good afternoon folks!

Well I got my drs appointment and I've been. He was very nice and basically said that because I hadn't had a chest x-ray, they can't call it pneumonia, but essentially I'd had pneumonia. I'm free of infection but it takes MONTHS to recover :eek:

He said that I'll be more back to normal in a couple of months. Blimmin heck. On the plus side, he said that he guessed that I'm normally fit and well as I look very "sporty"! I'll take that as a compliment! :D

I'm feeling much happier now. At least if someone tells you that you're going to be a bit carp, you know and can deal with it.

Today's small things:
    :heartpuls B/L/D from stores
    :heartpuls OH to do housework
    :heartpuls Charge phone in work - done
    :heartpuls No alcohol
    :heartpuls Chat to my gym coach to let him know and so we can work out my rehab!
    :heartpuls Rest and crochet - dr's orders!! :rotfl:

Have a good one all

clf x
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • Hi everyone

Sorry for lack of contributions for ages, have been reading along.

I'm still making small and not-so-small money saving efforts. Got a debt mountain i'm trying to clear at least half of by the end of the year so it all helps...

I've been doing UGov surveys and some SB ones but often get thrown out of those :(

Bought a jumper in the sale but planning to take it back as it is a bit big & not sure it suits me - also I bought a jumper in Mr S sale for £6 in May that I haven't yet worn so do I need another one anyway (no I do not!!)

Got to pay in 2 cheques - one from the woman who hit my car in the hospital car park last month! Got repair man coming next week.

Going to eat all meals from stores.

Need some face cream I like but got a voucher to use :)

Re NCS - DD2 did that and loved it, she met loads of new people who were all going to her 6th form college and she is still friends with many of them now :)

Hugs to anyone in need
    Deni x
    LBM - October 2018; finally debt free on 16 March 2021
    2023 Mortgage Free Wannabee #92023 Mortgage free in March 23 !
    Decluttering Campaign member 2023🏅🏅 🏅⭐️⭐️
    Decluttering Campaign Member 2024 🏅🏅
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 10,993
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Hi Tuesday Frugalistas,
    I've enjoyed getting my bum into a chair & catching up with what everyone's been doing.
    Hope all tired, shattered, poorly & generally low or fed-up people perk up soon.
    I'm feeling quite tired now, but that's because I've spent most of today working out in the garden. Mr f says he's cooking tonight, so definitely time for my book.
    The Christmas present I've started knitting isn't a difficult pattern but it's a lot of stitches on circulars & the yarn is used double, which I need to keep reminding myself about. Already wondering if I have time to knit another one for someone else, as well as knitting my new jumper & at least two more pairs of socks.......Hmmm, I think that might have to be a 'no'!
    Enjoyed making a new seat cover & matching table runner last week. Might be getting brave enough to tackle re-covering an armchair next. Hmmmmm, I'll see if the bravery lasts!
    Take care all,
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • Hello :wave:
    Got a bit busy yesterday when I noticed that my ginger ninja cat wasn't himself. Suspected a uti so I rang the vet who wanted me to take him there immediately, which I did. Thank GOD for insurance. It really is a false economy not getting decent pet insurance in my opinion. Yesterday cost me £85 and kitty is covered for up to £4000 of treatment now. Anyway, he's now off his face on cat heroin with another appointment next week.
    I spent the rest of the day with ds with tonsillitis and kitty with his uti and just pottering about the house. Did a bit more crochet but struggled to find my mojo a bit.
    Busy again today - I got my eyebrows and lashes done, which I'm very pleased with indeed and will be getting done again and dd had her nails done and is in love with.
    Popped out with the kids while my cleaner came and spent way more money than I should have. I found a new sofa... I have been looking for a new one for a while but wasn't sure what I wanted. Anyway - I found this one in the sale so decided that as I'd fallen in love I should buy it. It's being delivered next week.
    I'm still not sleeping well so debating going back onto my medication. CLF I'm glad you saw the doctor, and that you are feeling brighter since. It's awful when you just aren't yourself.
  • I'm still not sleeping well so debating going back onto my medication. CLF I'm glad you saw the doctor, and that you are feeling brighter since. It's awful when you just aren't yourself.[/COLOR]

Thanks CCL :)

re not sleeping - if you're been stressed for a long period of time, it can affect your cortisol levels and makes them wrong at the wrong times of day. Which can make you sleepy in the morning and "tired but wired" at night. It's worth a google as there are some things you can do to help support a return to normal levels xx
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts