What small DFW things will you do this week? WC 19th August

123457»

Comments

• Hey guys,

Sorry for not getting on here over Fri and Sat. Friday we were doing the shopping and then at MIL's. Then she came back and stayed over. I had a hair cut on Saturday and took the opportunity to rest most of the day :A
    We were not so good on the mse front and had a pub lunch and a pint but I really enjoyed it.

Today it's gorgeous here. I'm going for a gentle stroll on my lunch break to de-stress. Ex colleague being more of a buffoon by the day and I'm fuming.

Today's mission is the usual work-day fare so I won't bore you with the details. I'm off tomorrow for the bank holiday so I'll post up a nice list then

Have a good one all

clf x
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,419
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 25 August 2019 at 3:26PM
    Afternoon all :)
    Feeling wiped out as I was ill overnight, and it is sooo hot :( I wish this virus would do one. Unfortunately I have an immune system issue which means if I get one of these things, I have trouble fighting it off :( Not much sleep was had, so taking things slowly today, and didn't really achieve anything yesterday. A few things though:
    Walked dog and must do so again later when it cools down

Load of washing out on line
    Picked raspberries, beans, rhubarb and an enormous courgette :eek:
    Got a big pan of tomatoes roasting in the oven (to become roasted tomato sauce for the freezer), while a lamb tagine is cooking in there. Didn't feel like cooking, but the meat has been out of the freezer for a couple of days and needed using. I will freeze it when done / cold as I don't feel like eating much atm, and it is really a cooler weather dish anyway tbh!.
    Cleared up the kitchen a bit and that is about it!
    I really need to pick the tomatoes and basil, make pesto, freeze beans etc but not likely today.
    Hoping to spot neighbours to ask them if they would like any beans or rhubarb - not there at the moment though!

On the plus side, I haven't spent anything :T
    BTW La E, I would just use that salmon. I am embarrassed to say that I never check the dates on frozen stuff :o If it is a bit freezer burnt you could do the following: Defrost 2 salmon fillets (or any fish really), lay in a greased ovenproof dish that just fits the amount you are cooking comfortably, beat an egg with 25-50g of grated cheese, pour over fish and sprinkle with coarse breadcrumbs. Bake in the middle of the oven (about gas 4 or 180 degrees) until brown on top and the fish will flake, half an hour or so, but do check. The egg and cheese cook around the fish, the breadcrumbs go crunchy and it is yummy. You only need a green veg or a salad to go with it as it is pretty filling!
  • ditty1234
    ditty1234 Posts: 2,011
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Hi I hope every body is having a lovely bank holiday weekend. Just meant to say that when I now look at ds I see my son with a few patches of grazing, not the wounds, blood and grazing w ds somewhere in the middle that I was seeing on Wednesday and Thursday.
    He is healing from hour to hour - so watching crappy movies at least is good for something.
    Still need to write council.
    Take care
    LBM Jan 2019 - £25.928/Active debt £14253, 54% sorted
    Housing fund Jan 2024 £2000/6000 36%
    EF Jan 2024 £0/1000 0% Emergency fund is for worn out things like vacuum cleaner, dish washer, and washing machine.
  • La_escocesa
    La_escocesa Posts: 3,096
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Thanks Dawn, will have this for lunch tomorrow:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure