Debt, debt and more debt.

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,629 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    TBH I think your life does sound a wee bit miserable.
    So glad that you are taking baby steps to change this :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Kitten868
    Kitten868 Posts: 1,785 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    What about if he's the one who has to leave and make plans? Does that mean you could part sooner? Or could you both give up on the flat and split the deposit so you have something towards the new place

I have a feeling you'll be much better off when he's gone.

I wasn't judging you. I got a huge buzz off of doing Ebay but I knew for me I couldn't sustain it long term. But that's me. I don't think I could hack 6 weeks off either. The kids are doing my nut just where they've been off! So I'm not surprised you need to do something.

Keep going xxx
    Loan 1 £5200/£8000
    Loan 2 £300/£5800
    Total £5500/£13800
  • 4853emma
    4853emma Posts: 390 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    When I gk he will have to go. I don't believe that he can afford to live on his own and maintain his hobbies.

Had pa right laugh today. Went out for lunch with my sisters and her MIL (who has a life limiting condition). When we had finished I asked my sister to collect my things with me from the auction. When I got there in my little car with my Mum in the front I couldn't believe what I had won. 28, yes 28 double mattress toppers, duvets etc. I had to put a load on my Mum's knee (she is 4ft 9) and you couldn't see her by the time I had finished. My sister had all the children carrying beddind down the street to her car and I had to leave a load at the warehouae. My Dad and sister are coming back again tomorrow. I paid £38 for it all. Each item retails at £48 and so hoping for some profit. On the way home my Mum had me stopping off at various relatives houses to offer them my stock. She thought she was doing me a favour before I pointed out that I am selling the items for a profit and not simply just wanting to get rid of them.

Tonight has been ok. Made tea and husband said he was going ro bed. I told him I had washed it and that it needed making again. He went and sat back down in the chair. I've decided to put up and shut up. I can't change him or make him what I want him to be.. my energy is now firmly on the exit plan.

Finally- I mentioned the online shop with a friend. Well, out of the blue I got a call from him. We're good tk go and everything will be ready to list tomorrow.. He currently sells but not huge amounts. If I do as well as him I should clear £200 a month. I'm hoping for more..

Good night you lovely people.

Feb               March           
    £7256.83    £7177.16    
    £4354.02    £4283.25
    £1600.81    £1583.02
    £1137.61    £871.96

Total
    Jan £14583.15
    Feb £14349.27
    March £14149.27
    April £13915.39

• beanielou
    Options
    Work out that postage to Scotland :D
    How much are you selling them for?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• 4853emma
    Options
    Going to sell them for £20 plus p&p. If you want one you can just pay p&p.

Feb               March           
    £7256.83    £7177.16    
    £4354.02    £4283.25
    £1600.81    £1583.02
    £1137.61    £871.96

Total
    Jan £14583.15
    Feb £14349.27
    March £14149.27
    April £13915.39

• beanielou
    Options
    How about I give you 15 & p & p?
    What tog?

• 4853emma
    Options
    Apologies they are £45. Here is the link
    https://www.argos.co.uk/product/6994316

Feb               March           
    £7256.83    £7177.16    
    £4354.02    £4283.25
    £1600.81    £1583.02
    £1137.61    £871.96

Total
    Jan £14583.15
    Feb £14349.27
    March £14149.27
    April £13915.39

• chelseablue
    chelseablue Posts: 3,303 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Your husband sounds the same as my husband (well currently my ex-husband) right down to the golf, football and booze, mine smokes too. And I found out in March he'd joined a dating app on his phone. They could be twins!

I'm a lot better off now that I'm contributing to his party lifestyle. He's 30 but acts 18

Good luck in your journey, you can do this!
  • 4853emma
    Options
    Good on you chelseablue. He is golfing today 'part of work'. Being off these six weeks has really highlighted just how lazy he is. The only time he puts in a shift is when he has a golf club in his hand!

He said something really odd this morning. So, the man who wants me to set up the online shop rang last night and we had a lengthy chat. He said this morning 'I don't get it, why does he want you to sell things for him?'. He turns everything into seedy intent. He has no morals and therefore I don't either.

Got to go and collect all that bedding today. I'm taking my Mum again. She likes the Auction House and the young lads flirt with her, whilst I squash all the things in the car.

Feb               March           
    £7256.83    £7177.16    
    £4354.02    £4283.25
    £1600.81    £1583.02
    £1137.61    £871.96

Total
    Jan £14583.15
    Feb £14349.27
    March £14149.27
    April £13915.39

• JennyJukes
    Options
    Hi Emma,

Very glad you've seen through your husband. Typical for them to turn it around onto you. Good luck with whatever you do. Been there, was hard, now really happy.

Had a right laugh about the mattress toppers - what sort of competition gives out 28?! Would be better to give 1 to 28 winners? One time a colleague of mine won 20+ fresh pizzas then realised she had nowhere to store them all so tried to give out to friends and homeless people but wasted a lot! Bit silly.. Good luck getting them sold!
    Single woman doing it on my own... First house bought June 2021!
    Mortgage end date: 2041. Goal: Anything less!
    Mortgage currently paid off: 4%
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure