PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 8th July 2019

Options

Comments

• Mademoiselle
    Mademoiselle Posts: 1,363 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm back in again today. Just back from work and did the shopping on the way home so that should be us sorted for food until the weekend. Just need to have something to eat, late breakfast or early lunch, probably lunch as not sure a bowl of cereal will keep me going until late tonight as I'm working late. Then it's our bedroom or living room to be tackled.

See you later.
  • nicki_2
    nicki_2 Posts: 7,321 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Afternoon all.

Didn't get on yesterday as I was busy doing actual paperwork. DS did the kitchen and so far today I've been working on getting his laptop functioning properly. I'm nearly there :rotfl:

Manic Monday - Kitchen Kapers
    Level 2
    Sort fridge and wipe seals; weave stuff that needs using up into your meal plan
    level 3
    Sweep/mop floor - was done on Saturday so I'll do it again on livingroom day
    Extras
    S&S bathroom
    HHI

Terrific Tuesday Bathroom Blitz
    Level 1
    Shine the sink
    Clean the loo inside and out - scrub that rim
    Slug some bleach down
    Empty the bin
    level 2
    Clear the bath and clean it completely
    Fling towels and bathmats in the WM - done at least weekly so postponing until a drier day
    Level 3
    Wash the windows
    Scrub the floor
    Replace the towels
    Check bottles and throw out anything not being used/empty/that's been open for longer for 24months
    Polish all taps with a fluffy cloth
    Extras
    S&S kitchen
    MAD half hour
    HHI

Well I'm now stuck here waiting for add-ons to install. I'm hoping to get around to sorting budget things out today as well as doing food related inventory etc. Bathroom won't take long so I'll do that when I next go upstairs to use it :p DS is going to do the ironing in his room while watching DVDs ;) Since the majority of the ironing is his anyway it's only fair :rotfl:

Catch you all later when I hope to be able to cross a lot of things off my list :wave:
    Creeping back in for accountability after falling off the wagon in 2016.
    Need to get back to old style in modern ways, watching the pennies and getting stuff done!
  • BadCat18
    BadCat18 Posts: 1,042 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hello all

Loos, floors, windows and shower screen all clean
    Paid stuff done
    Salad assembled for supper
    Washing still drying, it’s been a bit cool here today but the breeze is picking up now so I will leave it out for at least another hour to dry.
    One shelf of office cupboard tidied.
    House admin bits done and some paperwork shredded.

I have an hour or so before DH gets home so I am going to take myself out for a walk and some fresh air.

Bye for now
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    So today - work, home to sort the dog, kids arrived home, cooked their dinner, made DH packed lunch, cooked dinner, cleaned up, sorted laundry, did some admin work, now flopped on sofa. DH still working hence him not doing dinner as he usually does.

Hard day ahead at the coal face tomorrow, Year 10 all day and they are desperate for the end of term (as I am!) so may be eventful xx
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,474 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    DH is home and OK :) Apparently his infection markers score when he was readmitted last Tuesday was 300, when it should have been below 10 :eek:

Today I have
    - emptied all the indoor bins and put the black bin out for tomorrow's collection
    - sorted out some church problems
    - sent some emails
    - bought dog food
    - collected DH from the hospital
    - decluttered a few zzz
    - taken Rosie for her walk
    - done a salad tea
    - been to a meeting this evening
    - unpacked DH's bag, put away clean clothes, put the rest in the laundry basket
    - forgotten to send one of my BFFs a birthday card for tomorrow, so an e-card will have to do this time
    It doesn't look much, but it has taken me all day.

Translation? Mañana!

(((Hugs))) and spoons all round, as needed xx
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning all,

Iona I am very glad DH is home xx

Showered, beds made, all dressed, kitchen was properly 'put to bed' last night so not much to do other than stick a wash on, which I have done. Will hang out before we leave.

Have lovely days all xx
  • FrankieM
    FrankieM Posts: 2,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning all

I'm doing terribly, just so tired when I get home from work that nothing gets done except tea and tv watching.

I think I'll need to just focus on level 1 for everything until I adjust and see what I can get done in the morning as I have more energy then.
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,890 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 10 July 2019 at 11:16AM
    Options
    Iona glad OH is on the mend and back home xx

Frankie, just do a little every day baby steps, are you getting enough sleep? do you need to see a dr as something else may be wrong with you?
    It took me ages to make any in roads here because of all the 'stuff' that was around, the 'stuff' has over time been binned / recycled/ cs/ car booted, now it doesn't take me long to do the lists.

Off out for a drive today to help my boredem
    I hope to hoover round down stairs as well
    If not it is day 11 on the sofa, and the tennis.

Have a good day
    Breast Cancer Now 100 miles October 2022 100 / 100miles
    D- Day 80km June 2024 77/80km
    Sun, Sea
  • Mademoiselle
    Mademoiselle Posts: 1,363 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all.

Ionafan, glad OH home but don't forget to look after yourself too.

I'm up showered and dressed. Admin this morning as I need to stay clean and fresh as working at lunchtime. WM is already on as cat peeed in laundry basket, aaagh! Sitting at desk with bowl of cereal and coffee so had better get on with it.
  • BadCat18
    BadCat18 Posts: 1,042 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Morning all

I’m later starting this morning, have been up for a while but have zero motivation for anything...

Just having tea and breakfast and will then shower to try and wake myself up a bit.
    Full day of paid stuff today. No kids rooms here, spare room is quite tidy and bedding is already clean so I think I will do the dailies and a bit more in the office today. Have a few errands to run as well so will either need to go out at lunchtime or make sure I finish early enough to do them after work.

Right then, time to get moving! Have a good day all x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family