edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Old Style MoneySaving
375 replies 20.6K views

Replies

• SIRENSSIRENS Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    Evening All

Little loss of -1lb for me this week, I'm pleased with that though as I was expecting a sts!

I have been rather off plan this week though as I've been out and about with the kids and my plans always seem to go sideways.

Still a fresh start again and all I can do is try my best.

Xx
    'You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose' - Dr Suess

OS
  • BramblingBrambling Forumite
    3K Posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    SIRENS wrote: »
    Evening All

Little loss of -1lb for me this week, I'm pleased with that though as I was expecting a sts!

I have been rather off plan this week though as I've been out and about with the kids and my plans always seem to go sideways.

Still a fresh start again and all I can do is try my best.
    Xx

I've updated the list :) It's always good when it's a unexpected loss :) it's when it's the other way that frustrates me.

Quiet weekend of pottering about the house getting odd jobs done, unfortunately I've also been picking as well :(. Sometimes being at work has its advantages.
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • Need2bthriftyNeed2bthrifty Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Morning All,

A not surprising STS for me this week - not enough exercise, too many carbs and 'pesky beverages' over the past couple of days. Anyway its dry and the sun is trying to break through the clouds so I'll go and get todays chores done before I go for my walk.

B - yoghurt & fruit
    L - celery soup, crusty bread roll, hard-boiled egg.
    D - l/o hm chicken chow mien with extra veg & noodles
  • s_glovers_glover Forumite
    653 Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 500 Posts
    ✭✭
    Morning everyone, hope you all had a good weekend.

I haven’t been around the last few days as I’ve been beavering away decorating like made to get it all done in my time off and then was away visiting family at the weekend.

Need2bthrifty – your sweet potato falafel sounds lovely. Do you have a recipe?

Brambling - Hope you had a great holiday and well done with an STS whilst away!

All the decorating kept me busy last week and distracted . Despite a meal out on Saturday and a few beverages at the weekend I’m really pleased to report in with a 5lb loss this week.
    Hoping to get a few runs in at lunchtime this week and so hoping that the exercise will keep the loss going, although we are out for fish and chips tonight.
    1.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    s_glover wrote: »
    Need2bthrifty – your sweet potato falafel sounds lovely. Do you have a recipe?

It was a bbc goodfood one, I halved the quantities and changed the recipe to suit me - replaced the fresh garlic with garlic & onion powders, I[STRIKE] hate[/STRIKE] haven't yet acquired a taste for fresh coriander _pale_ so used parsley instead and I was very pleased with the result.

Well done - a great loss this week.
  • edited 12 August 2019 at 10:53AM
    BramblingBrambling Forumite
    3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 12 August 2019 at 10:53AM
    It was a bbc goodfood one, I halved the quantities and changed the recipe to suit me - replaced the fresh garlic with garlic & onion powders, I[STRIKE] hate[/STRIKE] haven't yet acquired a taste for fresh coriander _pale_ so used parsley instead and I was very pleased with the result.

Well done - a great loss this week.

I'm with you with regards to coriander I've been known to call it the devils food :rotfl: although I will eat ground coriander or coriander seeds it's just the green herb. I've read that it can be in the genes

Dislike of coriander has long been thought to be a partly inherited trait and not just an artefact of cultural practices and exposure to the herb. ... One of those genes, OR6A2, encodes a receptor that is highly sensitive to aldehyde chemicals, which contribute to the flavour of coriander
    Its a conversation i have had more than once with my Indian colleague :cool:

Great weight loss S_Glover I make that nearly at target:)
  • edited 21 August 2019 at 9:55PM
    BramblingBrambling Forumite
    3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 21 August 2019 at 9:55PM
    Old Style Weight Loss Challenge 2019 Third Quarter

01/07/19 - 30/09/19

Imperial (lbs)
    Brambling 8.5/10 STS/:):)/STS/STS/:):):);)/:):):)
    Cranky 0.5/- :);)/STS/:D
    DundeeDoll -/10
    Frith 10/14 :)/:):):):):):):):):)/STS
    Gingerlily -3/14 :D:D:D/:D:D/:):)
    HoneytheWitch 9/14 STS/;)/:):):);)/:):):)/:):)
    Izadora -1.5/7 :D:o/
    Katiepants 3/14 :):):)/
    MovingForward 4/10 STS/STS/STS/:):):):)
    Need2bthrifty 6/14 :):):)/STS/:):)/:)/STS
    S_glover 11/12 :):):):):)/:):):)/STS/:)/:D:D:D/:):):):):)
    Sirens 2/14 ;)/:D:D:D:D:o/:):):):):)/:)
    Zafiro1984 4/28 :)/:):):)
    1.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Brambling wrote: »
    I'm with you with regards to coriander I've been known to call it the devils food :rotfl: although I will eat ground coriander or coriander seeds it's just the green herb. I've read that it can be in the genes

Dislike of coriander has long been thought to be a partly inherited trait and not just an artefact of cultural practices and exposure to the herb. ... One of those genes, OR6A2, encodes a receptor that is highly sensitive to aldehyde chemicals, which contribute to the flavour of coriander
    Its a conversation i have had more than once with my Indian colleague :cool:

I've heard that before, I thought it may be to do with the individuals taste buds. I also tried to work on the same principal used when introducing new foods/tastes to young children - that after being exposed about 5 times they usually confirm their like/dislike, I have tried but even the smell of fresh coriander puts me off :rotfl:
    Brambling wrote: »
    Old Style Weight Loss Challenge 2019 Third Quarter

01/07/19 - 30/09/19

Imperial (lbs)
    Brambling 2/10 STS/:):)/STS/STS
    Cranky 0.5/- :);)/STS/:D
    DundeeDoll -/10
    Frith 10/14 :)/:):):):):):):):):)/STS
    Gingerlily -3/14 :D:D:D/:D:D/:):)
    HoneytheWitch 9/14 STS/;)/:):):);)/:):):)/:):)
    Izadora -1.5/7 :D:o/
    Katiepants 3/14 :):):)/
    MovingForward 4/10 STS/STS/STS/:):):):)
    Need2bthrifty 6/14 :):):)/STS/:):)/:)/STS
    S_glover 11/12 :):):):):)/:):):)/STS/:)/:D:D:D/:):):):):)
    Sirens 2/14 ;)/:D:D:D:D:o/:):):):):)/:)
    Zafiro1984 4/28 :)/:):):)

Oh dear there seems to be a bit of a pattern forming :o - coincidence that it seems to be when I eat & drink with friends - I may have to put them off for a while until I've got back into exercising regularly and making the right choices food wise.
  • s_glovers_glover Forumite
    653 Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 500 Posts
    ✭✭
    Hope you are all having a good Tuesday.

Yesterday I got out for a 5 mile run at lunch. We went to the pub quiz in the evening and had very delicious fish and chips beforehand and a couple of glasses of wine.

Today I've been out for another 5 miles at lunchtime. Surprisingly my legs felt OK, given I haven't run on consecutive days for a very long time, I expected them to be feeling tired.

Tonight for tea it will either be warm potato salad with mozzarella and avocado or vegetable pesto pasta.
  • BramblingBrambling Forumite
    3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    -3.5lb loss this week if you come closer I'll breathe on you, my sister shared a cough with me :( which has meant a loss of appetite :) as well as a list of aches and pains etc :cool: I'll go to bed once my neighbour stops hammering :mad:

All your running is making me feel tired s_grover :)
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

Best student bank accounts 2021/22

Incl. free 0% overdrafts and railcards

MSE Guide

Next 50% off sale rumour

Here's what we've found...

MSE Deals