L - hummus and carrot sticks

T - Spanish chicken and broccoli

All BSD
  • s_glovers_glover Forumite
    653 Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 500 Posts
    ✭✭
    Morning all.

A quick post from me today before I start on the task of prep work for painting.

I'm a day late reporting in and it's not good news. Plus 3lbs for me this week.

No surprise as I had 3 bad days food wise last week, where pretty much everything I saw went into my mouth and more.
    Iwe did have a lovely weekend with our visitors and so there was quite a few beverages consumed as well. we did have a wonderful 7.5 mile walk on Sunday.

I am determined to put things right this week, a good day yesterday and long may it continue.

I hope yu all have a great week.
  • Need2bthriftyNeed2bthrifty Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Morning All,

Those pesky beverages get you every time s_glover, never mind I'm sure you will get back on track.

Yesterday's sweet potato falafel turned out much tastier than I imagined although I did tweak the spices to my taste, there was even some leftovers which I've frozen to have for lunch another time.

Not sure hm hummus is a good idea for breakfast, I've cleaned my teeth twice already, gargled with mouthwash and could still repel a vampire :D

The rain passed us by yesterday, but I dont think we'll be so lucky today, so I'm off out now for my walk whilst the sun is shining.

B - hummus, crispbread & grapes
    L - melon, parma ham, pomegranate & rocket salad
    D - turkey patties, roast peppers and asparagus, garlic bread slice
  • BramblingBrambling Forumite
    3K Posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    STS for me this week which I'm happy with after last weeks' holiday :). However here are too many STS for me so I had better get my act together :cool:

Works been busy since I got back so I've been trying to avoid stress eating after I looked at my 300+ emails on Monday. I've stocked up on the fruit and veg I've just got to avoid snacking

B - fruit and FF Greek yogurt
    L - gammon and salad
    D - gammon, egg and HM air fried chips
    S - fibre one brownie, 2 plums, apple
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • honeythewitchhoneythewitch Forumite
    1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    TWO POUNDS OFF today for me.:cool:

It has been hard this week and I have sabotaged myself with a friend's new pizza oven, a trip to Blackpool, and then rain scuppered my plans to eat packed lunches in parks, so it feels like every ounce has been dragged off me by force. :D

Today for lunch I have had spaghetti bolognaise with wholewheat pasta, followed by microwave chocolate pudding made with oat bran instead of flour, and stevia instead of sugar.
    I could have done without the slug of cream on it, but never mind! :o

I cant imagine being hungry after all that, but I have made vegetable soup for later just in case.
    1.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Its a rotten, cold and wet day here, been raining since about 10am and I think its due to last until evening, at least its giving me the chance to catch up on some of the indoor chores I've been dodging lately.

I'm growing tomatoes in the spare bedroom window and 3 are at the reddish/orange stage :j , just need a bit more sunshine and I may have hg toms to include in my meal plan next week. Also got some dwarf runner beans growing in a pot outside, there are some ready for picking and the globe courgettes shouldn't be too long either.

I've been trying to clear some space in the freezer and last night used up the last of the char sui pork which I had with a mixed veg stir fry and today =
    B - strawberry smoothie
    L - ham salad
    D - prawn curry, poppadum's x 2, shredded cabbage, beansprout & sugar snap pea slaw.

Frith - I was interested in the bsd you are doing and managed to pick up the 8 week bsd recipe book at the library, some really nice recipes, which I will definitely include in my plan, but I have to take my hat off to you I don't think I could do it - love my refined carbs too much and although I don't eat them too often I would feel totally deprived if I had to cut them out.
  • edited 11 August 2019 at 8:29PM
    BramblingBrambling Forumite
    3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 11 August 2019 at 8:29PM
    Old Style Weight Loss Challenge 2019 Third Quarter

01/07/19 - 30/09/19

Imperial (lbs)
    Brambling 2/10 STS/:):)/STS/STS
    Cranky 0.5/- :);)/STS/:D
    DundeeDoll -/10
    Frith 10/14 :)/:):):):):):):):):)/STS
    Gingerlily -3/14 :D:D:D/:D:D/:):)
    HoneytheWitch 9/14 STS/;)/:):):);)/:):):)/:):)
    Izadora -1.5/7 :D:o/
    Katiepants 3/14 :):):)/
    MovingForward 4/10 STS/STS/STS/:):):):)
    Need2bthrifty 6/14 :):):)/STS/:):)/:)
    S_glover 6/12 :):):):):)/:):):)/STS/:)/:D:D:D
    Sirens 2/14 ;)/:D:D:D:D:o/:):):):):)/:)
    Zafiro1984 4/28 :)/:):):)
  • BramblingBrambling Forumite
    3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honey it looks like you were able to salvage something back from your sabotage with a 2lb loss :) I know what you mean I went out for dinner last night (Italian) with friends and had even planned my main meal as a lighter option before hand and then went with the flow and had a starter (calamari very nice but fried) and two small cannoli whilst they had coffee :cool: can't blame them I'm an adult.....

Need2bthrifty I eat a lot of sugar snap peas usually raw as a snack and have never thought to add them to a 'slaw' nor the bean sprouts which I usually don't buy unless I can [STRIKE]off load[/STRIKE] share some with my sister as a bag lasts me too long for just stir fries. Thanks for the tip :)

I'm working from home today so haven't had breakfast or lunch as such but have been picking :cool: most of it healthy banana, 2 apricots, apple, fibre one popcorn bar and numerous cups of tea to wash it down. Unfortunately I will probably continue this way until dinner now.

Dinner is planned as stuffed mushrooms ( I have some large ones to use up) with veg, LO gammon and maybe some rice I plan to rummage in the fridge to see what's lurking to go in them and sprinkle with a small amount of cheese.
    1.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Brambling wrote: »
    Need2bthrifty I eat a lot of sugar snap peas usually raw as a snack and have never thought to add them to a 'slaw' nor the bean sprouts which I usually don't buy unless I can [STRIKE]off load[/STRIKE] share some with my sister as a bag lasts me too long for just stir fries.

I know what you mean, once the bags open they usually only keep for about 2 days. I have Delia's 1 is fun and she does a chinese beansprout and watercress salad which got me hooked on raw mushrooms in a salad. I also have an m&s indian cookery book I think it was published in the early 80's it has a vegetable and nut salad which includes beansprouts, cabbage, cucumber, apple, green chilli, ginger and a mix of peanuts, cashews and coconut - yummy :D
  • edited 10 August 2019 at 7:38PM
    BramblingBrambling Forumite
    3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 10 August 2019 at 7:38PM
    I know what you mean, once the bags open they usually only keep for about 2 days. I have Delia's 1 is fun and she does a chinese beansprout and watercress salad which got me hooked on raw mushrooms in a salad. I also have an m&s indian cookery book I think it was published in the early 80's it has a vegetable and nut salad which includes beansprouts, cabbage, cucumber, apple, green chilli, ginger and a mix of peanuts, cashews and coconut - yummy :D

I like the sound of both of those, will have to incorporate into my meal plan for this week will be something different for lunch as well.

The 'plan' is to menu plan this week as i didn't get around to it last week so there were a couple of standing in front of the open fridge door moments for dinner and some random shopping brought :o
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

Best student bank accounts 2021/22

Incl. free 0% overdrafts and railcards

MSE Guide

Next 50% off sale rumour

Here's what we've found...

MSE Deals