BramblingBrambling Forumite
2.2K posts
1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
✭✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Old Style MoneySaving
Hi All

You're have to bear with me guys as this is my first thread :eek:

Thank you Cranky for running the previous 2019 challenges,

As we've decided that we'd like a new thread for each part of our 2019 challenge I've started a new one for the 3rd quarter. I haven't posted the links to previous challenges either - we're all capable of looking them up by title if we want them.

Please feel free to start posting your weight loss goals for the next challenge which will run from the 1st of July until the 30th of September (13 weeks).

You do not have to submit a loss or gain for the first week as it's our starting week, you can post your first loss or gain the week after on a day of your choice.

As usual everyone is welcome - we support and encourage, we don't judge

There are some useful links to help your weight loss journey found on the previous challenge, sorry no time currently to work out how to do them myself :o

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5984457&page=25 :-
Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin

Replies

• s_glovers_glover Forumite
    650 posts
    Ninth Anniversary 500 Posts
    ✭✭
    HI Brambling, a big thank you for creating a new thread :T

I'm going to aim for a loss of 12lb, although I'm aiming to do this by 1st September, when I'm going on my holibobs.
    I'll report in on a Monday, starting from next week.
  • MovingForwardsMovingForwards Forumite
    6.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Huge thank you to Cranky for running the other threads :D

Thanks Brambling for starting the new one x

I'm going to try 10lbs for this quarter :) still got loads to get rid of overall so I'm here for a while!
  • IzadoraIzadora Forumite
    2K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you Brambling and thanks again Cranky for running the previous ones.

Having failed quite spectacularly on the last challenge I'm going to set a low target of 7lb in the hope that it won't seem too daunting. I figure that losing anything is better than nothing/gaining and will face up to the scales on Monday and take it from there.

Best of luck to all for the next quarter.
  • Rose_WoodRose_Wood Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    867 posts
    Hi,

Thanks to Cranky for the previous thread and Brambling for taking over.

I'd like to rejoin. I dropped out last time after tearing a calf muscle which meant comfort eating and lack of exercise. However, DD's wedding is now only two months away and I would like to lose a stone or more by then. I shall see what I weigh in the morning and start from there.

Thanks

Rose
    Weight Loss Challenge 5/7/19 10st 6lbs
    Target 8st 12lbs

Daily Steps Challenge 16,000
    Average daily steps: January 19,317, February 19,449, March 20,330, April 22,026, May 20,412 June 15,690
  • SIRENSSIRENS Forumite
    1.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you Brambling for keeping us going, this is such a lovely supportive group. And thank to Cranky for getting us through the first half of the year. xx

I would like to aim for 14lbs please

I weigh in on wednesdays, so have already weighed in for this week.

Good luck everyone xx
    'You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose' - Dr Suess

OS 2.5/14
  • edited 4 July 2019 at 9:22PM
    BramblingBrambling Forumite
    2.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 4 July 2019 at 9:22PM
    Hi all :wave:

Is the leg better now RoseWood :)

I'll pull together the list tomorrow from my laptop as it's more manageable than my tablet.

I'm determined to loose 10lb in one of these challenges if it kills me so I'm aiming for 10lbs again :D. I've a week holiday walking in Devon at the end of July so hopefully the walking will compensate any cream tea which may lead me astray
  • GingerlilyGingerlily Forumite
    81 posts
    Ninth Anniversary 10 Posts Photogenic
    Thankyou for the new thread Brambling.

I’m aiming for 14lbs this challenge and will weigh in on Fridays.
  • CRANKY40CRANKY40 Forumite
    3.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll join as well if you'll have me? There is a slight technical hitch in that I'm in London for 2 days next week so I have no idea what I'll be eating or when - not a great start....

I won't set a target if you don't mind. I'd just like to end the challenge weighing less than when I started it.

Thank you so much Brambling for taking over.
  • BramblingBrambling Forumite
    2.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    CRANKY40 wrote: »
    I'll join as well if you'll have me? There is a slight technical hitch in that I'm in London for 2 days next week so I have no idea what I'll be eating or when - not a great start....

I won't set a target if you don't mind. I'd just like to end the challenge weighing less than when I started it.

Thank you so much Brambling for taking over.

It wouldn't be the same without you Cranky :). Just enjoy London and sort the food once you're home :)
  • zafiro1984zafiro1984 Forumite
    1.8K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Brambling wrote: »
    It wouldn't be the same without you Cranky :).

I agree, and thanks Brambling for taking over.

I'm going to set a ridiculously high target for the 13 weeks 28lbs I've got my date for the next op - Jan20 and I need to lose 4 stone by then - so I'm on a mission :rotfl:

I've noted my starting weight this morning and will weigh in on a Monday - starting next week.