Old Style Weight Loss 2019 Part 3

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Old Style MoneySaving
375 replies 20.5K views

Replies

• IzadoraIzadora Forumite
    2K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm, I seem to have started this challenge the way I ended the last one...

I've not eaten too badly but I've drunk way more this week than I should've done. Wednesday's work do was bad enough but then my husband and I ended up having an accidentally drunken Saturday too. Oops!

Oh well, +1.5lb this week and I'm off to a festival this weekend which will involve even more booze and not always the most sensible food choices.

I really will get it under control one day...

Best of luck to everyone for the week ahead.
  • FrithFrith Forumite
    6.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    -1 lb.

12 stones 13.

Breakfast - 1 sausage, 1 egg, tomatoes

Tea - fajitas with chicken, onions and peppers
    Never took piano lessons
    But baby you're a grand
    And I will learn to play the good notes
    And tune you up the best I can
  • edited 17 July 2019 at 9:43PM
    BramblingBrambling Forumite
    2.2K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 17 July 2019 at 9:43PM
    Old Style Weight Loss Challenge 2019 Third Quarter

01/07/19 - 30/09/19

Imperial (lbs)
    Brambling 2/10 STS/:):)
    Cranky -1.5/- :);)/STS
    DundeeDoll -/10
    Frith 1/14 :)/
    Gingerlily -3/14 :D:D:D
    HoneytheWitch -/14 STS/
    Izadora -1.5/7 :D:o/
    Katiepants -/14
    MovingForward -/10 STS/
    Need2bthrifty 3/14 :):):)/
    Rosewood -/14
    S_glover 5/12 :):):):):)
    Sirens 0.5/14 ;)
    Zafiro1984 1/28 :)/

Weight Loss week 1 ....i'll do the math later ..............
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • s_glovers_glover Forumite
    650 posts
    Ninth Anniversary 500 Posts
    ✭✭
    Well done Need2bthrifty, that's a great start.

Had a good day yesterday, nice run at lunchtime, lovely salad for lunch and then pasta and bolognese for tea with a couple of biscuits after.
    Hoping to get a nice walk in at lunchtime today and maybe even one this evening.
  • BramblingBrambling Forumite
    2.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Frith wrote: »
    -1 lb.

12 stones 13.

Breakfast - 1 sausage, 1 egg, tomatoes

Tea - fajitas with chicken, onions and peppers

Hi Frith :)

Do you want to set a target for the challenge or just play it by ear?
  • FrithFrith Forumite
    6.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello, Brambling.

I’d like to lose a stone, please. I’ve lost 1 lb so far.

Today

B - avocado and sardines

L - same (to use them up!)

T - fajita left from yesterday.
    Never took piano lessons
    But baby you're a grand
    And I will learn to play the good notes
    And tune you up the best I can
  • Evening All,

Not much exercise done today as I had to be out early doors to go help out a friend and cba by the time I got back.

For my meals today, brekkie was same as yesterday, lunch was hm hummus, crispbreads, pomegranate, cucumber & radish.

Dinner was a bit of an experiment I had a couple of beef tomatoes and bacon that needed using so I cooked the bacon blitzed it in the food processor, I scooped out and half filled the tomatoes with the bacon some sad looking spring onion, sweetcorn that was lurking in the fridge, whisked up a couple of eggs to fill them up, baked until set and voila an alternative to crust-less quiche. I only managed to eat one with some green salad and a slice of garlic bread and found it quite filling, so I'll have the other cold for lunch tomorrow or Thursday.
  • CRANKY40CRANKY40 Forumite
    3.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I managed a STS this week. I'm going running tomorrow - I haven't been since my friend began to be really poorly. Just reducing what I eat never seems to be enough for me - I only had a significant loss once I started running. I'm going to start the couch to 5k again from the beginning to break myself in gently.
  • s_glovers_glover Forumite
    650 posts
    Ninth Anniversary 500 Posts
    ✭✭
    Cranky - good luck starting your running journey again. Easy does it to start with.

Need2bthrifty - your tomato recipe sounds lovely, what a good idea.

I had a lovely walk yesterday lunchtime and we had a nice evening stroll too as it was such a lovely evening. We even saw a very cute little hedgehog on our way back home.

Hoping for a run again at lunchtime today, although it'll be a warm one!
  • BramblingBrambling Forumite
    2.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    CRANKY40 wrote: »
    I managed a STS this week. I'm going running tomorrow - I haven't been since my friend began to be really poorly. Just reducing what I eat never seems to be enough for me - I only had a significant loss once I started running. I'm going to start the couch to 5k again from the beginning to break myself in gently.

Looks like you've reset your weight after the London trip Cranky :) I've never been a runner I've always said I'm built for comfort and not speed and would require an industrial sport bra :rotfl: (sorry if TMI) a friend of mine is a keen runner and has done quite a few marathons well into her 60s. She tells me the local running club she's involved with does a learn to run 10 week course which I assume is probably similar to the couch to 5k so far I've turned a deaf ear to any suggestions or doing it. I'm happy to walk and regularly walk up 8 - 10 miles with my sister.

I love hedgehogs S_glover one of my sisters feeds them, they come up to her patio every night and she watches throught the patio doors, she has a small holding and they nest in her hay shed so she gets the babies as well. She will tell you to go away if you phone at feeding time :D

Weigh in later and I'm hoping for a lost this week