edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Old Style MoneySaving
375 replies 20.5K views

Replies

• CRANKY40CRANKY40 Forumite
    3.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    s_glover wrote: »
    Cranky - good luck starting your running journey again. Easy does it to start with.

Thanks. I did go easy on myself this morning but run one is done :) I feel better for it and it was nowhere near the struggle that I thought it would be so I'm still fitter than when I first started last year. I also eat better when I'm running - it's fuel not food if you know what I mean?

I am also built for comfort Brambling but the injury to my leg meant that I had to do something to help the circulation where the wound went so deep that blood vessels were removed. Running was the safest thing that I could think of as there is no contact between my dodgy leg and anything else. I was a bit doubtful at first but it's amazing how quickly it becomes enjoyable.

We love hedgehogs too. My friend feeds the ones that come to her garden.
  • FrithFrith Forumite
    6.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    B - yoghurt and berries

L - HM veg soup

T - lamb casserole with courgettes

Nearly the Blood Sugar Diet (hereafter BSD)
    Never took piano lessons
    But baby you're a grand
    And I will learn to play the good notes
    And tune you up the best I can
  • BramblingBrambling Forumite
    2.2K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    -2lb loss this week so I'm happy :D. I have really tried not to eat snacks in the evenings as that was becoming a bad habit. The knitting needles and sewing machine have come out and I gardened until 9pm last night to avoid picking.

Frith is the Bloodsugar diet low carb?

B - fruit and Greek yogurt - unfortunately I picked up a big tub of 5% rather than 0% yogurt it will have to be eaten maybe just a little less than usual for breakfast
    L - egg, FF cottage cheese and seafood sticks with a large salad
    D - LO meatballs with fennel braised in Vermouth and green beans
    S - banana and fibre one brownie
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • FrithFrith Forumite
    6.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Brambling yes, no carbs/sugar. If I really do it properly, I lose a stone in the first month.
    Never took piano lessons
    But baby you're a grand
  • s_glovers_glover Forumite
    650 posts
    Ninth Anniversary 500 Posts
    ✭✭
    Had another good run yesterday despite the heat at lunchtime.

Well done with your first run again Cranky - glad it felt better than you expected.

Love that your sister feeds the hedgehogs Brambling and your comment about phoning at feeding time made me chuckle. We have quite a large garden and often find a few little 'presents' left. Not sure what type of visitor has been leaving them though!
  • FrithFrith Forumite
    6.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    B - yoghurt and berries

L - HM veg soup

T - curry made from chick peas, courgettes and other veg from the fridge!

Pretty much BSD.
    Never took piano lessons
    But baby you're a grand
  • BramblingBrambling Forumite
    2.2K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm away for the weekend from early tomorrow morning to sort family stuff so I'll update any weigh ins probably on Monday. Prod me if I miss yours :D
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • edited 18 July 2019 at 11:53PM
    zafiro1984zafiro1984 Forumite
    1.8K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    edited 18 July 2019 at 11:53PM
    Pleased to say another 3lb has disappeared.

I've settled down to a routine which I find is easy but somewhat boring as we both are very busy at the moment so I have very little time to do any serious cooking.

B; just black tea (plus all my tablets)
    L: a couple of eggs, or a bit of cheese, maybe a tin of soup - no bread or crackers but always followed by fruit mainly apples, pears, satsumas or what ever is on offer at the supermarket.
    My fruit bill is horrendous but I do try to grow as much fruit as I can. At the moment I'm picking, raspberries by the bucket full, strawberries, blackcurrants and gooseberries.
    D: Dinner has to be quickly made. Tonight we both came in at 7.45pm so we were eating at 8.30pm and that's not unusual at this time of year.
    Usually it's a chop, a steak. a couple of sausages, a piece of fish with plain vegetables or a salad of whatever I've managed to pick that day (today was pork chop, with home grown peas, runner beans and carrots, plus the second round of tablets). No potatoes, rice or pasta for me and again fruit to follow. I know it's boring but at least I'm not thinking and being obsessed about food.
  • s_glovers_glover Forumite
    650 posts
    Ninth Anniversary 500 Posts
    ✭✭
    Morning all. Had a busy day at work yesterday so didn't get chance to get out for a run / walk.
    We were out yesterday evening to Ikea and picked up fish and chips on the way home. We don't have any takeaways near where we live so haven't had this for ages and it was really nice.

We're off to visit family for the weekend so there will probably be a few sweet treats. Parkrun first thing tomorrow morning and hopefully a nice walk on Sunday if the weather is nice.

Hope you all have a fab weekend.
  • Morning All,

Some great losses this week, well done.

A couple of busy days here and I've sadly missed out on my walking too but food-wise I'm still sticking to the plan

Yesterday I had
    B - hummus, crispbread, pomegranate
    L - leftover pesto pasta, tomato salad
    D - gammon, broccoli in cheese sauce, sweetcorn

I've changed my morning routine, rather than sitting watching telly with my, few... :whistle:, cups of coffee I now start off with some hot water and lemon then do about 15mins of yoga to try and keep me supple. This morning breakfast has been a poached egg on toast, then for lunch I'll use up the bits of hummus, cold meat and cheese that are taking up fridge space. I'll pop out soon and combine my walk with a detour to the fish shop and see what looks good to have for tonight.

Then I need to update my freezer inventory and make up a meal plan and shopping list for the next few days.