NST A Gentle Jog Through July

Options

Comments

• dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Karmacat - the floss was made by GeoOrganics and I bought mine from Ethical Superstore.

Work today - I don't think I can stay the extra 3 months like I agreed but am going to speak to the manager this week. DS is going on a school trip today, the weather isn't great so we are just hoping the rain isn't too bad

DD was awarded her Bronze DofE, she is the only one in her school (80 children took part) that has completed all the elements and uploaded the information, she has done really well to stick it out and I am very proud of her.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,743 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    A huge well done to your dd, dolly. :T:T:T

(Especiwlly after all the shenanigans of her 'friends' on the expeditions.)

Kerry woman - thank you!
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • SpekySquarehead
    SpekySquarehead Posts: 3,019 Forumite
    Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Morning all,

Yesterday was another NSD, which takes me to 7 and I expect that today and tomorrow will be too.

I've then got a long weekend back home, so I doubt I'll manage any NSD's during the 4 days I'm there, so I'm glad to be racking them up now.

dollly - Woohoo!! Congrats to you DD
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    dolly84 wrote: »
    Karmacat - the floss was made by GeoOrganics and I bought mine from Ethical Superstore.
    Thanks for that, I'll have a looksee.
    Work today - I don't think I can stay the extra 3 months like I agreed but am going to speak to the manager this week.
    That sounds bad :( hope you're okay. Nothing is worth driving yourself into the ground :(
    DD was awarded her Bronze DofE, she is the only one in her school (80 children took part) that has completed all the elements and uploaded the information, she has done really well to stick it out and I am very proud of her.
    Congratulations to DD! I was lucky enough to be the right age for the first year my school tried it out, and I stuck with it through to gold - dono't know what its like these days, but me and my mum got to go Buck Palace, it was really something.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    No NSD today :(, needed oatcakes for dinner (stovies). Tomorrow won't be either as I'll do the big shop.

Brought lunch today and will go for a run at midday in the rain.

DH unfortunately didn't get a lunch today as the kids yesterday decided they like the Chinese pork I made and joined us for dinner (DH plays football so we usually eat ours later and the kids get something straight away). Didn't tell them that the dish had chillies in it as they wouldn't even have tried it had they known (and it wasn't that spicy). DH thought that was wrong. But then he's the same, if I tell him a dish contains something he dislikes (like mustard) he won't like it from the start.
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,036 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yesterday was NSD No 7

I couldn't face the larder on my own but I have moved a few bits and bobs elsewhere. I did, however, give the kitchen a good clean. It certainly needed it! I defrosted and rearranged the food in the smaller freezer. We have a stash of sausages that a butcher would be proud of. Guess what's for tea tonight?

So today is the larder and, if I survive that, the spice drawer.

Appple - Hope your Mum is OK.

Dolly - Well Done to your Daughter.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,902 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 11 July 2019 at 11:14AM
    Options
    Congratulations Dolly DD! I found out the other day from another mum on the playground, if you are a volunteer police cadet, they will pay for your DofE all the way up to Gold. It is from age 13 - 17 term time only, as little as 3 hours a month. Just an idea if her school led one is a total shower. Plus it can be used as your volunteering experiences.

Today is the last day of term for the primary school, DS3s last ever day! High School finishes at lunchtime tomorrow. So it is all coming to an end! Getting a bit into the holiday spirit. Going to do a bit of shopping after volunteering today, and then might make scones.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • Toni'sfriend
    Options
    NSD No 8

Finally tackled the larder. Looking very tidy now and a at least I know what's in there. Lost count of the number of jars of chutney and pickles. Honestly I'd be embarrassed to admit how much there is. Lots of dried pulses etc but I'll use those. Two huge (and I mean huge) boxes of tea bags. I may never have to buy any again.

Tomorrow is the large freezer. That should be interesting. I have no idea what he's stashed in there.

Oh well. Onwards and upwards.
  • Toni'sfriend
    Options
    Forgot to say I found two more jars of expensive honey. That's not going in his tea!
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,743 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Toni'sfriend - it's like a never-ending treasure hunt!
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure