NST A Gentle Jog Through July

Options

Comments

• Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,036 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Certainly is, Apple. A test of ingenuity. At them moment I'm trying to make up a recipe with chicken, mustard and coconut milk. Shouldn't be too difficult, I hope.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    f0xh0les wrote: »
    Congratulations Dolly DD! I found out the other day from another mum on the playground, if you are a volunteer police cadet, they will pay for your DofE all the way up to Gold. It is from age 13 - 17 term time only, as little as 3 hours a month. Just an idea if her school led one is a total shower. Plus it can be used as your volunteering experiences.

Today is the last day of term for the primary school, DS3s last ever day! High School finishes at lunchtime tomorrow. So it is all coming to an end! Getting a bit into the holiday spirit. Going to do a bit of shopping after volunteering today, and then might make scones.

That's interesting I will get her to have a look into it.

Thanks for all the congrats for DD.

With regard to work it was OK, the problem is they just won't invest any time in training me so I am like a spare part and just keep saying I don't know how to do things so someone else does it. Today I told them (stroppy beggar that I am) that when they are ready I will receive the information telepathically and that prompted a bit of action, they know I'm fed up and that I might just leave.

No spends today - that is one benefit of going to work.

DS needs some new school shoes for September (ish), his old one still fit but if I leave it till December I might not be able to get our preferred pair. Anyway I had a look on M&S and they were out of stock in his size, had a look on ebay and found someone selling a BNWT pair of the exact ones, in his size, they were £14 including postage which compared to £34 on M&S was a big saving and fits with my attempts to not create a new demand if possible. Just waiting for them to arrive now.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • Kerry_Woman
    Kerry_Woman Posts: 3,133 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    dolly84 - Congratulations to your DD.
    Grateful for:
    A relaxing bath this evening.
    PJ day.
    Murder She Wrote.
    Afternoon nap.
    NSD.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,721 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Today I am grateful for a peaceful day, for my workout, for the cycling, for lunch out with dh, for drying the washing on the climbing frame, for watering the garden from the paddling pool (starting to go all green and 'things' are starting to live in it!), for a bumper crop of blackcurrants, for having the windows and doors open all day.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Today I am grateful ... for drying the washing on the climbing frame,
    I particularly like this one :j
    I'm grateful for managing to plant my new rosemary bush :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Deni_debt-free_dreamer
    Options
    Evening everyone
    Realised I achieved a NSD yesterday - first one of the month!
    Ate all meals from stores.
    Went to pilates which was hard but feel much better for it.
    Caught up on some self employment work over lunch (while at FT job) & charged laptop up at work :)
    Gratitudes - DD2 having 8 friends round to watch TV - she has some lovely friends; DD1 having a nice evening at a concert with her boyfriend; productive day at work and lots of tasks ticked off 'to do' list; it's nearly Friday!!

Deni x
    LBM - October 2018; finally debt free on 16 March 2021
    2023 Mortgage Free Wannabee #92023 Mortgage free in March 23 !
    Decluttering Campaign member 2023🏅🏅 🏅⭐️⭐️
    Decluttering Campaign Member 2024 🏅🏅
  • sashanut
    sashanut Posts: 3,252 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hi all :j

A Adventure No adventures today unless you count a visit to the dentist.

G Get creative in the kitchen Used up all the Ys curries for supper

N NSDs Will go for low target as we are on holiday as well as DD this week & another week when she goes away later in the month. NSDs now 4/12

T Take care in the sun No sun today

L Live on what is left
    Will do.

E Exercise
    : Gardening today.

J July food days abound , French Fries (13th), Hot Dogs and Peach Ice Cream (17th - No not together), Caviar (18th) Daiquiris (19th). My favourites are Fresh Spinach Day (16th) Vanilla Ice Cream (23rd). Other Ice cream days are available. Use these as a jumping off point to add some summer fun to your meal plan. Will pick a couple of these.

O (H2)O Water fun. Dogs have made holes in their pool, not sure how to get them in otherwise as they are so large. May have an old plastic one somewhere lurking in the shrubbery. Still to locate. Only water is the amount drunk by me. Now have food diary so water can be logged. Not started yet, will start tomorrow. Started with upping water & whilst I didn't drink all that I am supposed to, I did much better. keeping up with the water but not as much as I should do. Dug out dogs pool (half a clam shell type) from shrubbery & cleaned it out, then refilled with water. 2 dogs ignored it, the other had a drink out of it.. Found other half of dogs pool, now needs cleaning out, although they probably won't go in it.

G Geeks May struggle here.

T Think of those who are ill Both elderly uncles are now suffering from terminal illnesses. Do think of them often. Had email from elderly relative, seems OK. Friend came who has been ill, spent 4.5 hours here so must have enjoyed himself..Thank you email from friend. Asked him back.

H Help those in need. Will do my best.

R Relax. Have lots of books & projects to do so need to make a time each do to actually DO them. Did a bit of knitting today but need to get organised with projects now. Knitted in car whilst DH had a meeting but forgot book. More TV knitting tonight. Took myself off in the midst of the chaos (DD back from hols) & sat in the quiet finishing some projects. DH has downloaded all the podcasts for my project that I will do on holiday. Mostly be on my own so need something complex to concentrate on. Knitting at the dentist, sparked a few conversations.

O Our Bodies Our Selves: Will deffo be doing this & am starting this week with a pamper day. Pampered self by putting on make up etc. Only pampering was a shower & putting some make up on. Self care tomorrow. Still need to make time for myself.

U Useless On this, will take some to CS tomorrow. Am still sorting & binning. Got rid of some bags of rubbish for collection tomorrow. CS tomorrow, have books to go & some rags if I can smuggle them past the head honcho. Not done

G Get out and about:Out to dentists, not really in the spirit of this point.

H Half Year Review: Good idea & will work on this. Some progress but much more to do. less than 3 weeks till hols.

J Just a couple DH already looks like a combo of these two.

U yUo All meals taken at home

L Look at each purchase: No purchases today.

Y You should check in daily Here I am, hello folks!
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 :eek:. Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE :happyhear
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,721 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Yay! to getting an nsd, Deni!

Sashanut - hope the dentist went ok.

Karma - the paddling pool is out, and it has to go where the hole for the rotary airer is. Hence using the climbing frame while the weather is good enough for it!
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • SpekySquarehead
    SpekySquarehead Posts: 3,019 Forumite
    Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Good morning and Happy Friday,

I've a very busy long weekend planned, with a few different activities involved, so I need to make sure that I'm not overspending, which can be so easily done on lunches/dinners/events with family or friends.

Anyway, another NSD yesterday and should manage today also, which would take me to 9. Which will stay that way for a while I recon.
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,882 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    I got one!!! NSD 1 yesterday on day 11.:rotfl:.

I am writing a list of all the things they need to have for going back to school, and I am sorting them uniform-wise this week. Ditto for the summer camp. And of course they all need new socks and pants. So I will get it all done and out of the way, and if necessary they can all run around naked if they are missing anything they have not told me about.
    All the uniform will be washed and dried, moved down one child, renamed and back in the cupboards until September.

They all need new trainers, and DS1 has requested DM /army boots (so happy!) so it will be spendy, but over and done with early in the hols.

Hols start at 12.15 when I pick up DS2 from school. All the rest are off already. Off to clean the house, so that it is done.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport