🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Sky plus £49 for existing customers

Options

Comments

• mymatebob
    mymatebob Posts: 2,199 Forumite
    Options
    hopeful17 wrote: »
    has any one else had the price increases for sky for september??

Yes indeed, up a pound to £22.

Hope freesat get a decent line up soon and then it will be goodbye Sky
  • sosolidnix
    sosolidnix Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    Rang last week and had no luck. Rang today just questioning the cancellation date again as Virgin Media were offering V+ for free and £25 line rental a month. They just straight away offered Sky+ for free :D
  • shykins
    shykins Posts: 2,759 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    i rang them today and all i got offered was skyplus box £99 or i could drop an option to save money.. so nothing at all really baaahhh

i pay £20 a month on the variety mix maybe thats why

i did say well i might as cancel then but they wouldnt play ball at all, hubby doesnt want me to actually cancel it so i guess i darent push it anymore
    When you know better you do better

Atkins since 2004 - 8 stone loss maintaining
  • busybird
    busybird Posts: 46 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    yay! Another victory for the little guy on the street. Thats great news.
  • busybird
    Options
    Shykins

Thats what happened to me, which is why I cancelled and took it out in my name rather than other half's. Engineers aren't bothered. They dont change dish, so maybe it works out better for them anyway. It doesnt matter how you get it, as long as you achieve the desired results.
  • shykins
    Options
    busybird not sure what u mean (havent read whole thread sorry) do u mean u just went on as a new customer and got it cheaper?? cos mine is my old name so could do that in hubbys name myself

• busybird
    Options
    They wouldnt give me anything at all - quoted £209 for Sky+ so felt backed into a corner and agreed to cancel. Was on my way to Currys who offered Sky+ for £30 installation but there was a Sky Stand in our shopping centre and the guy there suggested what I was going to do anyway. He even post dated it so that I got my cancellation period virtually over with first. New customer, new account = good deal. Didnt want to post until I got it, just in case.
  • allanhendy69
    Options
    Just to confirm, I called this evening and spoke to a Scottish guy who gave us the free sky plus and installation and ALSO free multi room for a year with the existing box.

Took a bit of a mix of being friendly and adamant we wanted to cancel, but it worked perfectly.

They are coming to install on Monday, my advice is be friendly and at the same time adamant and dont just accept the first offer.

Good luck guys, absolutely delighted!
  • millies_daddy
    Options
    I called last night too....used the good old 18185 to call free on 01506 421731...good job too because although the first lady (in India I think) was very pleasant, it took about 45 mins to be ut through to the cancellation dept in Glasgow...persistance pays though because a perfectly nice chap initially offered me 6 x £2 credit (the cost of 6 months of extra £2 which is the price increase for my package from 1 Aug which I didn't even know about!)...when I balked at that, he fairly quickly offered free Sky + box and installation...said I was the 16th he'd given away that day (the ringing on a Tuesday...first day of their working week seems to work). They are doing it on Sunday all being well...don; bother paying the £30...be polite, be determined to cancel, don't accept the first offer.

Good Luck
  • shykins
    Options
    just curious to how much peoples packages were.. mine was the lowest ie £20.... were thos that are getting deals on a higher package to start off with?

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills