PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Plug in Air Freshners

Options

Comments

• BitterAndTwisted
    BitterAndTwisted Posts: 22,492 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    You might find one of these fits the bill but even Asda have fragrance top-up oils on sale so one of theirs might be what you're looking for.

http://www.perfume-parlour.co.uk/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=4
  • Melonade
    Melonade Posts: 747 Forumite
    Options
    I use the yankee candle scented things for my oil burner. Because the dish is shallow I have to cut the wax things into quarters... still quite expensive and a bottle of scented oil last LOADS longer. I drip some onto a ball of cotton wool and hide it somewere... wedge it behind the radiator :rotfl:

Sometimes I just open the windows nice and wide and give the living room a quick polish :T
    Even if you stumble, you're still moving forward.
  • helen_jelly
    helen_jelly Posts: 2,982 Forumite
    Options
    Hi - Netto's are doing Plug In Aroma Plug Air Fresheners for £1 at the mo - they last for up to 4 weeks - so much cheaper than all the others - HTH's - Helen
    Projects made for craft fair - 40 :)
    1st fair on 13/4/14 :j
  • Sami_Bee
    Sami_Bee Posts: 14,555 Forumite
    Options
    I was curious so googled and found some 'recipes' for making your own diffuser oil for a reed diffuser
    http://www.wlnaturalhealth.com/aromatherapy-recipes-blends/reed-diffuser-oil-recipe.htm
    http://www.snowdriftfarm.com/form_diffuseroils.html
    The very best is sometimes what nature gives us for free.
    3onitsway wrote: »
    I think Sami is right, as always!
  • patchwork_cat
    patchwork_cat Posts: 5,874 Forumite
    Options
    Also second essential oils in oil burner or I too use Yankee Candle tarts in oil burners ( wilko do cheap burners) they last ages and ages . I wouldn't waste money buying the artificial oil blends as they are very hit and miss - if you want Yankee candle tarts ebay is good and my personal favourite is clean cotton. Favourite essential oils are Lavender and Bergamot.
  • onecalledk
    Options
    I put a little drop of essential oil on my light bulbs.
    But I find the best way is to open all the windows and give the house a good airing

PLEASE DO NOT PUT ESSENTIAL OILS ON LIGHT BULBS !! essential oils are highly flammable and should not be placed on light bulbs, even light bulb rings that are meant to sit on a light bulb and disperse the oil fragrance are very dangerous.

Kx
  • patchwork_cat
    patchwork_cat Posts: 5,874 Forumite
    Options
    Just googled that lamp rings are dangerous and got no hits - can you provide more details, please.
  • candlegirl
    candlegirl Posts: 559 Forumite
    Options
    AussieLass wrote: »
    I also love the reed diffusers. I went into one of those speciality shops asking for just the replacement oil as I didn't see any in the larger stores. They said you've got to buy the *set*. Rip off. I've got the nice bottles, heaps of reeds left. I just want the oil. :p

Has anyone made the oil (what type) and the ratio of essential oils?
    PartyLite sell refills for reed diffusers and our oil 100% pure oil no alcohol.

If interested in this pm and I can send you a catalogue!
    I get paid to party!:rotfl:
  • Gigervamp
    Gigervamp Posts: 6,583 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    candlegirl wrote: »
    PartyLite sell refills for reed diffusers and our oil 100% pure oil no alcohol.

If interested in this pm and I can send you a catalogue!

I thought people weren't allowed to advertise on here?
  • AussieLass
    AussieLass Posts: 4,066 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks candlegirl but I'm in Australia. I'll keep an eye out for Partylite. Don't think they're over here.

I've bookmarked the recipes and once I source the DPG will give it a whirl.
    Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia. ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport