Determed To Do It

Options

Comments

• Moneyfordreams
    Options
    You've made the right decision to defer. no point being miserable for the sake of 2 weeks :D
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
  • You've made the right decision to defer. no point being miserable for the sake of 2 weeks :D

Thank you, it's nice to be reassured :D x
  • cathybird
    cathybird Posts: 13,401 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    I agree with Moneyfordreams, have a nice cosy Christmas and then clear the debts. Mid-January will be with us in no time and in fact given that January's usually a bit dank and miserable it will be nice to have the debt clearance as a cause for celebration :)
    In April I am taking a break from buying: Books
  • cathybird wrote: »
    I agree with Moneyfordreams, have a nice cosy Christmas and then clear the debts. Mid-January will be with us in no time and in fact given that January's usually a bit dank and miserable it will be nice to have the debt clearance as a cause for celebration :)

That's a VERY good point about having something to celebrate in January :D ! X
  • FootyFanDan
    Options
    Hey :)

Another one in the camp of agreeing to delaying it. You have worked incredibly hard, way more than you probably give yourself credit for to get in to this position. It would be crazy to cause yourself un-needed stress and struggle for the sake of 2 weeks. Enjoy your xmas and then in Jan when everyone is feeling the blues you have the added thrill of paying off the debt :)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hey :)

Another one in the camp of agreeing to delaying it. You have worked incredibly hard, way more than you probably give yourself credit for to get in to this position. It would be crazy to cause yourself un-needed stress and struggle for the sake of 2 weeks. Enjoy your xmas and then in Jan when everyone is feeling the blues you have the added thrill of paying off the debt :)

Definitely delaying it then thanks to all of this positive feedback :D
  • DancingInTheRain
    Options
    A bit late to the conversation but would also delay, it's really not worth the stress when you know you're so in control and so close to the finish line and only 6 months since starting your diary too! (well this version of it anyway ;) ) You've done so fantastically well, hope you've got a DF treat planned _party_:dance:
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    A bit late to the conversation but would also delay, it's really not worth the stress when you know you're so in control and so close to the finish line and only 6 months since starting your diary too! (well this version of it anyway ;) ) You've done so fantastically well, hope you've got a DF treat planned _party_:dance:

I haven't got anything planned yet, I'm sure I can come up with something :rotfl: I guess I could call myself "bad debt-free" as I still have the car finance lol x
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Happy Wednesday :j

Three more sleeps on the floor until our new bed arrives! :)

I really wanted a NSD today but managed to print the wrong size photos for my mum's gift, so need to find somewhere today so that I can print the right sizes, and get it sent over tomorrow. That one gift barely fits as a small parcel for international delivery, so I will have to send two parcels, hoping that the last item finally arrives today so that it can all be sent off for guaranteed Christmas delivery...

For the first time in ages last night, I resisted the urge to walk to the shop and buy some biscuits, baby steps ;)

2 days and I will have paid off CC2, going to sit down again today and work out how much I can afford to pay from CC1, and still live comfortably until I can clear it in a months' time, can't wait until the days I sit down and work out how much I can put to savings or nice things instead :)

x
  • FootyFanDan
    Options
    Hey

YAY...countdown to new bed day is on! haha

It is going to be such a good feeling for you to be putting the extra into savings rather than paying off debt. Are you still thinking of keeping up with the little extra things you have been doing to make additional funds like surveys/online work?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure