Loveless Marriages

Options
123457»

Comments

• Primrose
    Primrose Posts: 10,621 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Well, why won't you just go on your own then? If your daughter already knows the state of affairs which exists between you you might as well start getting the family used to to new situation which you're shortly hoping to embrace.
  • SparklesSuzie
    Options
    Primrose I did just that 😊

A lovely time was had by all.
  • SparklesSuzie
    Options
    I’ve done the hardest bit. Now I just have to make him believe I mean it. An unexpected opportunity arose so I just went with it. I didn’t feel it would impact on anyone too badly at this current time.

Need to be strong .......
  • MovingForwards
    MovingForwards Posts: 16,925 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    You have done the hard bit!

Time to look after yourself x
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear it in 2026.
  • Primrose
    Primrose Posts: 10,621 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Well done! The first step on an unknown path is always the hardest but you've proved it can be done and you've lived to tell the tale. Next time it may feel a little easier and also help to bring home the reality to your OH that that yiur are now firmly set on how you intend to proceed.

Just be strong and don,t allow yourself to be emotionally blackmailed because this is the time he will try the hardest to get you to change your mind.
  • spirit
    spirit Posts: 2,886 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I’ve done the hardest bit. Now I just have to make him believe I mean it. An unexpected opportunity arose so I just went with it. I didn’t feel it would impact on anyone too badly at this current time.

Need to be strong .......

Baby steps. You will get there. It is hard, i'm sure many of us (me included) have been in your shoes. Each time you achieve something like this, it will boost your self esteem that little bit more.
    Mortgage free as of 10/02/2015. Every brick and blade of grass belongs to meeeee. :j
  • RaggyDolls
    Options
    I live and married someone who became cold and emotionally abusive. Threatened to kill himself to get his own way, passive aggressive and triangulated every situation he could.
    You need to work on yourself.
    But if you do divorce you must look after yourself and surround yourself with a team.
  • keith969
    keith969 Posts: 1,571 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I lived in loveless relationship for 25 years, it was a revelation to find that someone cared about you after all that time!
    For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple and wrong.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure