First Direct and £125 switch bonus

Options

Comments

• penners324
    penners324 Posts: 2,756 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I'm holding this account for 6 months and then claim the leaving bonus of £100.
  • nandrews
    nandrews Posts: 232 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I applied for the switch on or around 21/05/19 and I was informed it was complete 21/06/19!
    When I complained that it took more than 7 days to switch they told me "but we have to set up the new account first"!!!
    Of course, the new account is implied in switching from an old account to a new account. So I don't accept that they need time outside the seven - it should all be done.
    After the account was set-up they switched within 7 days after that and claim they were inside the limits!
    Nigel
  • bioboybill
    bioboybill Posts: 3,427 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Still waiting for the switch incentive 25 days after completing the switch and paying in £1K. I know it says "within 28 days", but seeing others getting it in 6 days makes me wonder why it's taking so long. Has anybody else waited the full 28 days?
  • 18cc
    18cc Posts: 2,120 Forumite
    edited 9 July 2019 at 3:03PM
    Options
    Just to let you know if you leave after 6 months you may well get £100 leaving payment but your Regular Saver won't pay out the 5%

also I was speaking to them recently and they said in September they are deleting the £10 monthly fee requirement so no need to have another product or £1000 balance or anything like that so look out for an announcement...
  • glider3560
    glider3560 Posts: 4,115 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    bioboybill wrote: »
    Still waiting for the switch incentive 25 days after completing the switch and paying in £1K. I know it says "within 28 days", but seeing others getting it in 6 days makes me wonder why it's taking so long. Has anybody else waited the full 28 days?

I'm also around 25 days since switching and no sign of the incentive yet. £1k was paid in within days of opening the account.
  • bioboybill
    Options
    £125 received on day 27.
  • Johntea
    Johntea Posts: 1,194 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I received £125 today but lost track of time a bit, not had any problems though and got the 5% saver going in the background too which I can do the full £300 a month in to :beer:
  • smipsy
    smipsy Posts: 204 Forumite
    Options
    i've never done this before, so excuse my silly questions.

1.) where do you all see the £125 offer? i can only see £100 on their page.
    2.) do i have to take the overdraft? i'd prefer not to have any
    3.) do i have to move my wages to first direct? i already get them paid into barclays, and would like to keep it that way. can i just simply send myself a grand every month to still get the reward?
    4.) how does the "1000 a month" work anyway? say I open it and switch next week, do i then need to pay in 1000 until the end of this month, or within 30 days of opening my account?

additionally and related to all that, i see that hsbc offers 175 for their advance account, i'm guessing it's better to do that instead? unfortunately i don't have two current accounts to burn to get both :D

oh, and lastly, is there are a known date when these offers, both first direct and hsbc, will end?

many thanks!
  • bioboybill
    Options
    smipsy wrote: »
    i've never done this before, so excuse my silly questions.

1.) where do you all see the £125 offer? i can only see £100 on their page.

Been reduced to £100 now.
    2.) do i have to take the overdraft? i'd prefer not to have any
    No.
    3.) do i have to move my wages to first direct? i already get them paid into barclays, and would like to keep it that way. can i just simply send myself a grand every month to still get the reward?
    No. Just deposit £1K as soon as you have switched. You can take the £1K straight back out if you like.
    4.) how does the "1000 a month" work anyway? say I open it and switch next week, do i then need to pay in 1000 until the end of this month, or within 30 days of opening my account?
    See above.

additionally and related to all that, i see that hsbc offers 175 for their advance account, i'm guessing it's better to do that instead? unfortunately i don't have two current accounts to burn to get both :D
    The HSBC offer is better, but depends if you have the income for it. They are picky. I was ok, but wife wasn't.
    oh, and lastly, is there are a known date when these offers, both first direct and hsbc, will end?
    No idea. Read the offer T+Cs.

many thanks!

Hope this helps.
  • smipsy
    smipsy Posts: 204 Forumite
    Options
    gotcha, thanks!

i think i'll do first direct, and then after 6 months have passed I'll probably take the leaving bonus and switch to hsbc or someone else who will have another switching offer, as they seem to have them all the time :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure