Ebay & Auctions Board: Useful Links, Info & FAQs

Comments

• I have been selling casually for around 6 years, in which time I've sold around 200 items. It used to be an enjoyable experience, but now due to many of the items listed above, I am find it it far from pleasurable. I feel my selling days are almost at an end.
    What is happening to the English Language? These are not isolated, but repeated every day.
    'Definate', 'Aswell', 'Rediculous', 'Payed'...and the best of all 'Could Of'. How can anyone think that 'Could Of' can actually mean anything. You may as well write 'Could Zebra' for all the sense it makes.
  • Soolin - thanks for the alternative site and no, its not the buyers, they are lovely people, great feedback, immediate and full payments. Its the eBay.

I had to change the card. They charged my old card, that was registered with them, but I paid from a new card, the same account. I have zero balance with them, confirmed time and time again, however, they want me to confirm I am the owner of the old card, which is not possible, as as you may know, debit card number never features on bank statements. Plus it had been destroyed according to bank instructions, which I did fax to eBay. They would not reply to any of my emails and keep me 30+ mins on the telephone, at which point I give up considering the telephone bills running up. Live chat people are useless, they have no authority to do anything and promised me a reply - never got one.
    I wanted to buy something on Xmas - could not, tried to close my acc - still could not.

Cyberbob - lucky you. Just keep your fingers crossed.
  • clancy
    clancy Posts: 490 Forumite
    Can anyone please tell me with Goofbay do you have to include the p&p in the amount you enter to make a snipe??
    Mum of 2 adorable children & 2 cheeky cats who were born on 23.04.2009 :rotfl:
  • 2Sheds
    2Sheds Posts: 292 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    The worse thing I find about ebay now, is the ebay fees and then the paypal fees. When you're selling stuff cheap.
  • This is awesome, I've even taught my granny how to use ebay!
    retireearlyretirerich.co.uk

Save money or make money - which interests you more?

click "Earn with us" at the bottom of the page to find out how to build yourself a passive income stream
  • Help! Is this item legit? An iMac sold by someone with NO feedback.
    I can't post links :| so here is the instructions to find it.
    Search: iMac 21.5-inch 3.06GHz on eBay and click the one whose title is:
    Apple iMac computer (Used: 21.5-inch, 3.06GHz,4GB mem)

Is it a scam?
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,186 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    123JA123 wrote: »
    Help! Is this item legit? An iMac sold by someone with NO feedback.
    I can't post links :| so here is the instructions to find it.
    Search: iMac 21.5-inch 3.06GHz on eBay and click the one whose title is:
    Apple iMac computer (Used: 21.5-inch, 3.06GHz,4GB mem)

Is it a scam?

It doesn't have the hallmarks of a scam although the seller needs to do a bit of research to learn how to sell on ebay. There can't be many buyes who will risk money with such a poor description and to a brand new seller.

I think it more likely that the seller will be scammed as they appear to be planning to send it normal mail.

It's probably best left well alone.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • George666
    George666 Posts: 527 Forumite
    edited 14 December 2010 at 4:45PM
    jerrylau wrote: »
    guys,i get a online shop which selling spy camera and hidden cameras,pihole cameras,mini cameras,dvr,,it is very cheap,,can believe it...i thought that will be a new way to save your money,,,

the site is:conbays.COM
    You do realise now you have spammed this forum no one will buy from you.
    Mod please remove my message when you remove the spam.
  • sunshaeen
    sunshaeen Posts: 125 Forumite
    Hi sorry if this has already been asked but how do you leave negative feedback now? You used to be able to just click pos neg button but dosnt give you that option now? Thanks
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,186 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    sunshaeen wrote: »
    Hi sorry if this has already been asked but how do you leave negative feedback now? You used to be able to just click pos neg button but dosnt give you that option now? Thanks

Sellers can only leave a positive and do not be tempted to leave a false positive as it can be removed and the seller gets a formal warning on their dashboard.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure