Weight Watchers Support

Options

Comments

• helensbiggestfan
    helensbiggestfan Posts: 2,000 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 26 January 2021 at 2:57PM
    Options
    Well week 1 was a total disaster. 😂.  I ended up with a horrible cold and couldn't face cooking, or even bothering to eat properly so I'm afraid I just grazed and snacked so haven't lost anything.  

Never mind, My cold has cleared now and I feel much better so time to get back on track.    
  • 13Kent
    13Kent Posts: 1,177 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hope you are having a good week helensbiggestfan. 
    I am back on it. I braved the scales this morning- although they didn't want me to the batteries had run out, and the first replacement set wouldn't work!! so, 14 stone 2. This seems to be the weight I naturally settle at. I have been told I "carry it well" I'm quite tall so I don't look 'fat' as such. However on the NHS BMI calculator it puts me at 31 - obese.

Activia yogurt and a banana for breakfast, Chicken fillets and salad with a sprinkle of Cheddar and a tiny squirt of salad cream for lunch. I've walked 11,500 steps with the dog this morning, made the most of the weather being dry as it's not looking good again this week,  and tried to do it briskly to bank extra points. Connecting my fitbit to the WW site it says I've amassed 19 fit points. 
    So a good start - lets see how it goes.

• helensbiggestfan
    edited 1 February 2021 at 8:59PM
    Options
    Well done 13Kent.  Sounds like you are off to a good start.  I am another one who is fairly tall, 5ft 6in. And who can "carry the weight".  People are usually pretty astonished when I tell them how much I weigh, they think I'm making it up.  

At my highest I was 13stone 10lbs, currently 12st 5lbs, no longer technically obese but I would be healthier at around 11st. I would like to reach that by July.  

Well done on the walking.  

• 13Kent
    Options
    Hope you've had a good week all.
    I got on the scales on Thurs and it hovered between 13:13 and 13:12 I wish I hadn't now as I'll be disappointed if it's increased on Monday! 

Have tried to be good this week, but I'm finding I'm starving by dinner time, trying to keep off the carbs but a salad with chicken fillets, or soup but no bread or today a tin of salmon with salad means I'm starving and my stomach is rumbling a couple of hours later. Any ideas for low point lunches that are quick and not too fussy would be great.

• 13Kent
    Options
    Well a good first week, the scales stayed at 13:12 really happy with a 4lb loss, wasn't expecting it to be that much but I've tried really hard and upped my exercise too. Now for a week with more work so more time sat at a computer and colder weather, so less incentive to go for a walk...wish me luck!

• helensbiggestfan
    Options
    Wow.  Well done 13Kent.  Cracking start.  
    I'm afraid I've not done very well at all - not even put myself on the scales. 😟
  • 13Kent
    Options
    Sorry to hear that, hope you have a better week this week.

• 13Kent
    Options
    A bit of an up and down couple of weeks with pancake day and Valentine's day, but I was pleased to see the scales at 13:10 today which I wasn't expecting. Have tried hard to walk more briskly when I am out - seems you get a lot more activity points on the WW app for walking faster when it connects to a fitbit!!
    Hope everyone is doing ok!

• helensbiggestfan
    edited 5 March 2021 at 12:23PM
    Options
    Hi everyone.  Well done Kent it sounds like you are making good steady progress.  

Well after nearly 3 weeks of being laid low by some awful lurgy I am now starting to feel more like my old self,  I felt so bad I even had a covid test.  Fortunately it was negative.  

During my illness I didn't always eat terribly well, some days I had no appetite and I found it difficult to motivate myself to cook so I did ended up grazing and relying on easy things and a couple of ready meals.  I ended up with full blown laryngitis and completely lost my voice,. For at least a week it was so painful to swallow I lived on soup, yogurts and ice cream.

My weight has remained the same so happy enough with that but the good news is that my Blood Sugar levels are much improved.  That's my main concern.  

Anyway I feel heaps better and I'm back into the healthy eating.  I have also started doing a Morning routine of tai chi.  No exactly brisk exercise but it is more rigorous than it looks.  You can feel the muscles working when you do it and I am already starting to feel slightly less stiff. 

Onwards and upwards.  🤞
  • 13Kent
    Options
    Oh gosh sounds horrible glad you are on the mend. Didn't lose any last week and when I don't and I've tried really hard I often think "What's the point I've tried really hard and lost nothing," so this week has been hard to motivate myself. Trying to keep up the brisk walking, and am trying to save my points for a few treats on Fri and Sat evenings such as pizza ( I know pizza is the worst for treats, but it's our Friday treat) and a G+T.  Good luck for this week.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback