Weight Watchers Support

Options

Comments

• savingmore
    savingmore Posts: 657 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    been awol🤪.  Loving the fast 800, seriously this i see the easiest way of eating (don’t like the word diet) I have ever been on.  i have lost 5 kilos since 27th april, coming to end of six weeks on sunday.  have never felt hungry, really good nutrious food.  my husband is eating what I do, but I am giving him extra bits, he may have cheese and crackers as snack, and he has a beer each day and he has lost kilos too!  i am small and a healthy bmi, but still have extra fat and flabby, my waist and thighs were too big.  i am now at what i originally wanted to be but realised i still could be doing with losing another 2-3llbs.  it wouldn’t be easy to stop now, but determined not to, to be able to get to ideal, fighting fit weight.  we are walking for at least 30 mins a day, but some days over an hour - aim is to be super fit and healthy as we age (both 63), best outcome to protect against covid too.  the fast 800 recipe book has great recipes in and the meals so far are yummy.  I have also been researching some of the primary sources around the issue of fasting and intermittent fasting, and time restricted eating, which i am doing, lots of really good uptodate sicken even.  no w bought a book by Dr. William Li, chinese american, called eat to beat disease, based on building up bodies 5 natural defences.  it’s fantastic.  first half is sciencey so you can understand the whys.  can’t say i could learn or repeat it all, but followed it.  now in the second part putting it into practice.   it was only published at end of last year so super uptodate.  we will be eating like this for rest of life, but with extra portions so don’t lose weight once at goal.  feel confident I will get there as steady 800g loss a week.  this has been a godsend to me this lockdown as it’s been ideal time to be doing this, no temptations socially or at work!  i am usually a grazer and picker, no more!  as I have been weighing everything, i realised how many calories i was eating more than I needed.

and another great thing, my resting heartbeat has gone down 4 points to 60 bpm from 64. andy i think my fat percentage gone from 35% to 20%.  that is a key marker, waist down three inches.   happy bunny here. 😀😀. well done on losing 5lbs, you know you can do it as you have before, it’s getting in the right head space isn’t it.   i believe in you and your grit and determination.   think how good you will feel when you have cracked this one.  🎉
  • savingmore
    savingmore Posts: 657 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    sorry for few typos, predictive text, i should read back before typing!  sicken should be science and when I said ‘wouldn’t be easy to stop’ meant would be.   sigh.
  • helensbiggestfan
    helensbiggestfan Posts: 2,002 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Good morning everyone.  

SFT. congratulations on your fantastic achievements. Give yourself a pat on the back.  It's good that you have found a way of eating that suits you, not just for the weight loss  but also the health gains.  

Well now, I have to confess I'm not doing so well.   Not been feeling too well, stomach problems, headaches, regaining weight, blood sugar levels fluctuating.  The culprit - carbs...and I'm afraid I have been eating lots of the blighters.  They really don't suit me, I am grain intolerant and yet once I start eating them I seem to be unable to stop. True addiction.  Not only do grains make me ill but when I eat a high carb diet I am constantly ravenous, and like you I end up grazing, my blood sugars spike and I end up feeling dreadful. 

So......a couple of days ago I dug out my new diabetes cook book which I treated myself to but hadn't got round to reading. It references Dr Li's research and builds around his recommendations. So far I've only read the science bit and not actually tried any of the recipes but I've learned a great deal already.  There is a simple traffic light system which explains carbs and which I'm going to follow because I can see now where I have been making mistakes (too many root vegetables). 

So it's back to full paleo, Mediterranean style eating and intermittent fasting for me.  The fasting to bring my blood sugar levels under control and then the Paleo/Mediterranean as a long term plan for health.  

I am just going to have live without most grains from now on. 

I thought I was being clever, eating more carbs to save money but I have decided I just can't afford to save money if it's going to have a negative effect on my health.  I saw what uncontrolled diabetes did to my mum and I'm determined to end up in the same sorry state.  

You say I have grit and determination, you're right I do but I fell off the wagon there for a while.  But now it's back on it and as you say it has to be for life.  

• helensbiggestfan
    edited 7 June 2020 at 10:26AM
    Options
    Hello everyone.  

I have now been on a strictly carb reduced diet, ie green carbs only from fruit and veg for a few days now.  I have to say I feel tons better.  Tummy behaving itself. Headaches clearing, blood sugar levels down a whole point, feeling much less bloated.  I think I have lost a couple of lbs but not sure of my scales at the moment, the readings keep fluctuating.  Think they might need a new battery. 😂. Anyway it's  how I feel that counts and those all important blood sugar levels that really matter.  

I will keep going.......

hope you are all doing well.  
  • 13Kent
    13Kent Posts: 1,177 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi All,

Helensbiggestfan you are not the only one to regain weight I have also plus a couple of lb  :s the dog was in season which meant no long walks just short ones round the block for a month and that combined with lockdown baking was a recipe for disaster literally! I am back on it now, buddying up with a friend of mine who has also put on too much during lockdown so we are hoping to support and encourage each other. Father's day may be the only blip as weather permitting we are hoping to have a socially distanced visit with my parents on Sun and I plan to make them an afternoon tea, so will have to try and be extra good this week to make up for it!
    Hope everyone is having a good week. Keep up the good intentions!
  • 13Kent
    Options
    Morning all, finally lost 2lb this week after trying to get back on the wagon. 

Hope everyone is doing ok.

Does anyone happen to know how many points there are in Easiyo yogurt please I can't find it anywhere.

Started making it again during lockdown as I can only order 85 items from Tesco for delivery and it's handy being able to make a batch when we run out - especially as Dr Chris on This Morning recommended YBD - Your Best Defence - Yogurt, Banana and Vitamin D to help lesson any Covid symptoms if you are unlucky enough to catch it.

My usual breakfast is Skyr yogurt (0 points) with a banana and whatever other fruit we happen to have in, and a few porridge oats if I'm hungry which works out at 3 points, but I suspect the Easiyo yogurt will be a few points. 
  • helensbiggestfan
    edited 27 July 2020 at 11:05AM
    Options
    Hello everyone.  

Confession time, I have regained 1.5 stones during lockdown.....😱.  So it's time to revive the thread and get back down to business.

I am now on Day 3.  Feeling a bit better already.  

My target is a miniumum loss of 23.5lbs by Christmas.  

Hope you are all safe, well and happy.  
  • 13Kent
    Options
    I've lost 8lb since 22nd June, so trying my best to keep on track after putting on loads of extra weight baking and making bread!! Trying to do a speedier walk with the dog - I have discovered my fitbit connects to the WW app and if I walk fast it gives me extra activity points - even if I do the same distance! 

Good luck getting back on the wagon!
  • 13Kent
    Options
    I've lost 8lb since 22nd June, so trying my best to keep on track after putting on loads of extra weight baking and making bread!! Trying to do a speedier walk with the dog - I have discovered my fitbit connects to the WW app and if I walk fast it gives me extra activity points - even if I do the same distance! 

Good luck getting back on the wagon!
  • helensbiggestfan
    edited 27 July 2020 at 3:11PM
    Options
    Hi 13...well done you, that's fantastic.  I definitely need to start exercising too, as well as getting back on the wagon.  

I have just started seeing a chiropractor. Due to the years caring for my husband, a couple of car crashes and a nasty fall I have been left with back/neck and shoulder problems.  Lockdown was the final straw.  I started making bad food choices, piled the weight back on and became thoroughly unfit,  my body a mass of aches and pains through lack of exercise. A couple of weeks ago I decided enough was enough and that it was time to get some help.   Started My treatments a week ago and am pleased to say  I can feel the improvement already, less pain and feeling more flexible.   I should  be able to start exercising again soon, beginning with walking and yoga, so,hopefully that will help with weight loss.  

Here's to us on our weight loss journey. 🥂.  Only make mine zero point sparkling mineral water.  😉

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback