597 replies 42.5K views
1545556575860»

Replies

• helensbiggestfanhelensbiggestfan Forumite
    755 posts
    500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Good Morning Everyone  

Well I'm pleased to say that In my first week back on the wagon I have lost 4lb.  It's a good start.  

Just 19.5 lbs to go.....😂.  Hopefully by Christmas.  

Hope you are all safe and well.  
  • edited 1 August at 2:56PM
    13Kent13Kent Forumite
    1.1K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    edited 1 August at 2:56PM
    That's a very good start!
    My problem is pizza Friday! Although not a takeaway pizza it's still loads of WW points! I have half a pizza and my trick this week was to cut it in half off centre and have the smaller half myself so in theory reducing slightly the amount of points in it (although I still counted the huge amount of points that would have been in a half a pizza!), and some garlic bread. Served with grapes and salad. Hubby likes Taramasalata for dipping the crusts in - the number of points in that is shocking! Tried to stick to reduced fat houmous instead (although I did have a tiny spoonful! I did have a G+T as well but the T was diet! 

I am doing plenty of walking, extending my walk and walking faster, but sometimes that makes my walk 2 hours which is a bit too long out of the day. During lockdown I did attempt couch to 5k but after a week my knees were so painful I had to do a Boots order of ibuprofen gel, cold spray and deep heat in an attempt to reduce the pain! Never again! Running is clearly not for me I never really thought it was if I'm honest,  but my friend who has had a hip replacement has taken to it like a duck to water, so I thought If she can do it so can I....ummm No!

Am hoping to be able to swim again soon, but we live in a tourist area and the pool I use is on a holiday park, so waiting until Sept when I'll feel a bit more comfortable using it with less people around and certainly less from out of the area - have hardly been out anywhere with other people since February! Work from home and get shopping delivered so no need really!

I got on the scales this morning thinking I would have lost some and it didn't look like I'd lost anything despite trying really hard this week, and I still have about 50 spare WW points (fitpoints and weekly extras) to see me through the rest of the day and tomorrow so feeling a bit fed up. (must have been the pizza!) My official weigh in day is Mon so I wish I hadn't sneaked a quick look now! 

Fingers crossed for Monday - keep up the good work helensbiggestfan!

• 13Kent13Kent Forumite
    1.1K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Another 1lb off, just about (the scales hovered a bit but I was generous  :D)
    My friend and I are having a challenge this week to see who can lose the most so I'm hoping that will give me an extra incentive to eat a bit less and avoid the treats! (Athough I did sneak a few Pringles out of the box I gave my son earlier  :o !!

Hope your week is going ok!

755 posts
    500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    hi 13.  Well done on the lb off.  You are doing well. 

I'm another one who just can run....Never could, even when I was younger. 

Well I'm trying hard, sticking to the numbers.  Exercise Is/has been a bit problem.  I'm currently seeing a chiropractor......long story but I have had 6 treatments now and starting to feel a lot better.  Today I have been digging the garden.......does that count. 😂. Hoping to start yoga again and I do love dancing so Hopefully I will soon be able to dig out some of my old dance DVDs.  

Just need to keep going......Weigh day is Saturday.  
  • 13Kent13Kent Forumite
    1.1K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Really fed up today, tried really hard all week, did a load of walking, had 145 fitpoints remaining at end of the week having upped my exercise walking a lot faster for longer, knowing I had 2 BBQ's at the weekend. Timed the BBQ so that it was too late for lunch but too early for dinner so only one meal in stead of lunch and dinner on those days. Tried to be quite restrained with what I ate, but did have a treat of a chocolate brownie and ice-cream on Sunday, but I added it into my saved points, and still had leftover points. Made the mistake of getting on the scales on Fri and saw I'd lost 2lb and got on the scales today my official weigh day and I've lost nothing :( Really disappointed, no matter how many times I got on and off they still didn't register that I'd lost any :( No I just feel like saying sod it have a couple of brownies! 

755 posts
    500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Good morning 13.  Sorry to hear it's not going too well at the moment. Not surprised you are feeling demoralised and fed up.  Could it be the extreme hot weather.  I know I've struggled this week, even though I know I've stuck to my point limit.  I have put the same couple of lbs on and off again. In my case I"m pretty certain its the heat. I seem to retain fluid, my ankles and fingers swell and I just feel bloated and uncomfortable.  Thankfully it's turned cooler now so with a bit of luck I should see me back on track next week.  Maybe you will be the same.  

Don't give up, just keep at it.  And yes, if you want the odd brownie well have it.  It won't be the end of the world. 😁

• 13Kent13Kent Forumite
    1.1K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Hope so, have fallen off the wagon a bit this week unfortunately. Have my parents staying for a couple of days so will probably be having the odd glass of vino and eating a few puddings! Oh well, will get back on it next week. 

Hope you have a good week!