Options
12346»

Comments

• almillar
    almillar Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    right by my feet which may be 20 times less stronger than a mobile

'may be' is the problem with this whole thread. You haven't provided any evidence of the problems you're worried about, and you've not idea what you are/are not being exposed to, short of 'WiFi' or 'mobile signal'. Chlorine is a poison that can kill you, but people happily swim in it at the pool every day. It's about 'how much' and this is strictly controlled. Do some research on reputable sources before costing yourself money over (potentially) nothing.
  • wongataa
    wongataa Posts: 2,629 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Majic wrote: »
    Thanks, BT have not covered themselves in glory as when I queried with them I was told the signal on the new hub would be much stronger than my old home hub 3. The example you give regarding the phone is quite interesting, but I might use a mobile for 1 call a day, say for 2 minutes. I'm sitting next to router, right by my feet which may be 20 times less stronger than a mobile but I'm sitting there for probably 10 hours per day, resulting in 300 times the exposure of my mobile, all be it at a lower rate. In my case I am getting more exposure to the wifi.
    Sunlight strength (in the same radiation spectrum as radio waves as used by Wi-Fi and mobile phones) averages out to 340 watts per square meter over the entire planet. Of course this will be higher on sunny days and the closer to the equator you get. This is far higher than what a phone puts out. Why are you worried about radiation from a phone/Wi-Fi and not the visible light from the sun? Sunlight is also higher energy that radio waves. Are you worried about television broadcasts? There is at least one transmitter in the UK that broadcast analogue TV at 1 million watts before that was switched off. That didn't affect anyone nearby. It currently broadcasts digital TV at up to 200 thousand watts now and analogue radio at up to 250 thousand watts. It still doesn't affect anybody.

Radiation you should be more worried about is ionising radiation as that is proven to cause damage to living things. In terms of the electromagnetic spectrum that consists of gamma rays, x-rays, and the far ultraviolet. Radio waves from phones at worst will only warm you up very slightly.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure