seller update including GTC BIN option only

Options

Comments

• ailey
    ailey Posts: 3,184 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    So before I would list 100 items, they will end after 30 days and I would relist them again.

Now I will list 100 items and on the 25th day I will close all my auctions and relist them again. Nice of ebay to give me extra pointless work.

Don't trust ebay one iota that they will take it out of my free listings, their system is about as reliable as a chocolate teapot. If I don't cancel them I'm sure I'll be greeted with a nice fat invoice for £35 every month.

.........but will they penalise you for ending auctions early? Everything is so uncertain just now with EBay.
    "For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone."
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,261 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ailey wrote: »
    .........but will they penalise you for ending auctions early? Everything is so uncertain just now with EBay.

At the moment there has been no indication that ending a BIN is going to be chargeable and it is not something that has worried people- in the US ending the BIN has not been an issue.

The only exception is ending after a question where the ebay bot might think it was an off ebay sale (as discussed earlier on this thread)
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • WLM21
    WLM21 Posts: 1,499 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My daughter has just had a live chat with Ebay .. I told her this would mean she would get an emailed summary of the discussion

She was told ..

As long as you don't go over the 1000 listings in the month there is no charge

Personally, until I see it for myself I'll end the listings at 29 days and leave a couple (in different categories) to auto-relist to see what happens
  • Emily_Joy
    Emily_Joy Posts: 1,255 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    WLM21 wrote: »
    My daughter has just had a live chat with Ebay .. I told her this would mean she would get an emailed summary of the discussion

She was told ..

As long as you don't go over the 1000 listings in the month there is no charge

Personally, until I see it for myself I'll end the listings at 29 days and leave a couple (in different categories) to auto-relist to see what happens
    Thanks. I have been charged insertion fee when I ended GTC listings manually after it rolled over automatically. :mad: I am nowhere close to 1000 listings.
  • patient_investor
    Options
    Just had a chat with eBay rep, they confirmed. I have it now in writing, so I will leave all listings on GTC and I will let them renew on their own. No fees are expected.:cool2::cool2::cool2:

in the meantime, can you tell me new rules for GTC listings? Is it free to insert GTC listing? When it renews automatically, am I charged anything?
    Yes, it is free to insert a listing in "Goods till cancelled" and when it renews after 30 days it will be free till 1000 listings
    So I can just leave them be, they will be free unless 1000 listings?
    no need to cancel before renewal expires?
    As you have 1000 listings every month, you will not be charged insertion fees for renewing in "Goods till cancelled" duration. If you have used 1000 listings, then you will be charged insertion fees
    Debt & mortgage free since 2011  |  Financial independence since 2017
  • kiwi_fruit
    kiwi_fruit Posts: 832 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Emily_Joy wrote: »
    Thanks. I have been charged insertion fee when I ended GTC listings manually after it rolled over automatically. :mad: I am nowhere close to 1000 listings.
    Were those GTC listed before 1st of April? By the sound of it they changed renewal fee rules after obligatory GTC came into force (which was on 1st of April)
  • charlies_mum
    charlies_mum Posts: 8,118 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    New announcement on eBay

"
    We’ve updated the eBay.co.uk User Agreement. These changes are effective immediately for new members and from 1 July 2019 for existing members.

As with previous updates, we’ve made changes to keep the User Agreement up to date with the products and services that we provide.

As of 1 July 2019, Good ‘til Cancelled listings will renew once per calendar month instead of every 30 days. The exact day of the month that the renewal takes place depends on the initial listing start date.

You don’t need to take any further action to accept the new User Agreement. If you choose not to accept the new terms, you’ll find information on how to close your account here.

Thank you for selling on eBay,"

At least we have a fixed date for renewals now and don't have to keep counting 30 days
    You're only young once, but you can be immature forever :D
  • soolin
    Options
    New announcement on eBay

"
    We’ve updated the eBay.co.uk User Agreement. These changes are effective immediately for new members and from 1 July 2019 for existing members.

As with previous updates, we’ve made changes to keep the User Agreement up to date with the products and services that we provide.

As of 1 July 2019, Good ‘til Cancelled listings will renew once per calendar month instead of every 30 days. The exact day of the month that the renewal takes place depends on the initial listing start date.

You don’t need to take any further action to accept the new User Agreement. If you choose not to accept the new terms, you’ll find information on how to close your account here.

Thank you for selling on eBay,"

At least we have a fixed date for renewals now and don't have to keep counting 30 days

This was the good thing about the US going first with the new scheme, they found it a lot harder than we appear to have done so in the UK and moaned long and hard to ebay.

They had promised this change within a month of it going live in the UK , so well done ebay for sorting out a potential problem with fees.

On a side note, I am going to miss the additional 500 free BIN listings I currently have as a sweetener. :(
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • charlies_mum
    charlies_mum Posts: 8,118 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'll miss the 500 free listings too. Maybe eBay will decide it's about time they gave business sellers something and let us keep them

(Shame we don't have a flying pig smilie)
    You're only young once, but you can be immature forever :D
  • soolin
    Options
    I'll miss the 500 free listings too. Maybe eBay will decide it's about time they gave business sellers something and let us keep them

(Shame we don't have a flying pig smilie)

A bit off topic I know but in the US they have a basic level store that's only $5.99 a month and includes 100 free BIn listings. I would love one of those as I have a new line and having a second account for it would be better as I could brand the line and have a user name that reflected it.

As it is at the moment it will just be a category in my main shop , and as I'm likely to go over my 250 inclusive listings I'll be paying 10p a listing for them as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure