seller update including GTC BIN option only

Options

Comments

• neverlikedpeas
    Options
    I only found out about this today when I was relisting a few fixed price items.I have ended the listings and relisted them as 7 day auctions rather than take the chance of being charged 35p a time to be automatically relisted.Im a private seller and list around 200 fixed price items per month so it would be around £70.
    It will be time consuming having to change my listings and I think most buyers prefer buy it now.I think i'll still list my few highest value items as BINS and end the listings towards the end of the 30 days and then relist again
  • WLM21
    WLM21 Posts: 1,499 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    This_Year wrote: »
    Good Till Cancelled is the only format available to select in the Quick Listing tool. If you list in the Quick listing tool, the renewals will be free (up to a 1000 a month)

This seems interesting, as far as new listings are concerned.

My current listings were made with the advanced tool, as I like to use templates, which don't seem available with the quick listing tool.

I suppose my only real option now is to relist the items with the quick tool and just do away with the idea of templates.

BTW I am a private seller
  • moonpenny
    moonpenny Posts: 2,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    WLM21 wrote: »
    This_Year wrote: »
    Good Till Cancelled is the only format available to select in the Quick Listing tool. If you list in the Quick listing tool, the renewals will be free (up to a 1000 a month)

This seems interesting, as far as new listings are
    concerned.

My current listings were made with the advanced tool, as I like to use templates, which don't seem available with the quick listing tool.

I suppose my only real option now is to relist the items with the quick tool and just do away with the idea of templates.

BTW I am a private seller

Does this mean there will be a charge for using the advanced listing tool?

For example, I listed 3 items using the "sell similar" on previously unsold items that were originally listed using the advanced tool
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,261 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    moonpenny wrote: »
    WLM21 wrote: »

Does this mean there will be a charge for using the advanced listing tool?

For example, I listed 3 items using the "sell similar" on previously unsold items that were originally listed using the advanced tool

This has been discussed on this thread and the answer remains that no one is entirely clear. eBay as usual are not responding to questions or requests for clarification.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • kiwi_fruit
    kiwi_fruit Posts: 832 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    My concern is that no doubt more people will be ending GTC for various reasons and relisting manually, especially if renewals aren't free. At the moment it's pretty painless and un-problematic to end BINs, but wonder if ebay will make it more difficult/introduce penalties etc as it'll be going against their "grand plan" of continuous duration. Back to auctions then. Have already noticed quite a few more auctions than usual today in a vintage category I browse regularly.
  • ailey
    ailey Posts: 3,184 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 6 April 2019 at 3:27PM
    Options
    This was posted yesterday on the ebay board. Updated chat with CS.

"There seems to be alot of confusion over this so...Yes, just looking for a straight answer to a straight question....when a GTC listing is auto re-newed is a fee payable or do it count as part of your free listings allowance Anamika 11:02 AM

Andrew, from now onwards, you will not be charged any fees insertion fees when GTC listing will get renewed, it will fall under 1000 free listings that you are getting every month.

realzeon 11:04 AM and that applies to both items listed using quick lister or adavanced lister

Anamika 11:04 AM Correct realzeon 11:05 AM

Thats great thank you Anamika 11:05 AM According to new update, no matter which tool you are using to list the item, GTC will fall under 1000 free listings when it will get renewed.

realzeon 11:06 AM Excellent....are Ebay going to clarify this online as, as I said there is a lot of confusion in the forum over it#

Anamika 11:08 AM Andrew, I am really sorry for the confusion, however within 24 hours it will get display in seller announcement board.

Anamika 11:09 AM Please know that the update is very recent and hence it is not yet updated in the seller announcement board".

It is now approx. 27 hours later and still no announcement.

Me - I'm still not sure whether to do my relistings tonight or not. Can we believe that information from Customer Services that they won't charge us for auto-relisting?
    "For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone."
  • taramasalater
    Options
    If its been on a month and hasnt sold, send it to auction.
    If you are going on holiday, send it to auction in time to coincide with you not being on holiday.
  • ailey
    Options
    Are there any more updates on this Good till Cancelled?

What have people (on the forum) generally decided to do in relation to listing under GTC or listing as auction instead? :)
    "For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone."
  • ailey
    Options
    This is a further update from a Community Manager on EBay to someone's query on their forum:

"sarah_uk@ebay.com Community Manager Posts: 1,325 Registered: ‎21-06-2016 Re: Ebay Good Till Canceled......... Options in reply to ********* on ‎29-03-2019 12:34 PM Hi Everyone, I have received clarification on this. For private sellers: From the 1st April, private sellers will not be charged an insertion fee for good till cancelled listings when they are renewed using any listing form ie: mobile app, quick listings tool, advanced listings tool. There will be an insertion fee charge when a GTC is first created, however all 30 days renewals will not be charged an insertion fee. Thanks, Sarah"

I think this is still very confusing as it looks as if we'll be charged 35p insertion fee for every GTC listing but not on the automatic relisting. Auction seems to be the only way to go now I think. :(
  • Pierre_De_Grenoble
    Pierre_De_Grenoble Posts: 478 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 8 April 2019 at 3:56PM
    Options
    ailey wrote: »
    I think this is still very confusing as it looks as if we'll be charged 35p insertion fee for every GTC listing but not on the automatic relisting. Auction seems to be the only way to go now I think. :(

That appears to be wrong information as I just tried a GTC listing on my personal account and do not appear to have been charged for it.

However I use Wonderlister for both my business and private accounts. It would be useful if someone could try a listing on their private account using eBays tools and update on their findings.

My eBay cup is always half empty and I simply fail to understand how eBay can still not give an accurate update. and I'm expecting a fee grab somewhere.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure