PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 25th February 2019

Options

Comments

• Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,959 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Very warm Round. I've just spent two hours in the garden and I'm sweating like mad. About to combine a visit to the vet to pick up meds with a dog walk and then come back and have a bath.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,887 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    5 hours of volunteering work done.

Eaten
    Other general stuff done
    Cat upside down in the sun waving his paws around.
    Breast Cancer Now 100 miles October 2022 100 / 100miles
    D- Day 80km June 2024 51/80km
    Sun, Sea
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi folks - still here, just desperately tired.

Have slept in the lounge the last 2 nights and will again tonight. After that I have to return to the bedroom.
    What would anybody else write on their kitchen chalkboard?
    I'd have one in the kitchen and an identical one in the bathroom: "KINDLY LEAVE THIS ROOM IN THE STATE YOU WOULD LIKE TO FIND IT".

Roundtuit I too am wearing rags for underwear, but they'll have to stay that way for the time being. Not only am I flat broke, I simply cannot face the ordeal of underwear shopping.

Boiler is currently being replaced; I've scarpered to the bedroom with the laptop, leaving Mr Wolf to deal with the workmen.

I need to get the kitchen sparkly once they're done; I have a doggy guest coming in tomorrow, and much more scarily, I have my Council inspection next Tuesday. It will be a lot more fraught than last year due to all the new stuff DEFRA has dumped on us.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    Well, there's a new boiler.

Much wider pipes (could that be to increase the water pressure? As it's next to nothing usually), big chunk carved out of the countertop, big and ugly 'thing' underneath the boiler, all the solar water gubbins disconnected and removed, pipes sticking out of ceiling capped off and a big gap where the coving used to be. And a chunk taken out of the unit itself from forcing it off, rather than unscrewing it.

Wireless controllers due to be fitted tomorrow. Looks like they're going to result in yet another hole in a wall somewhere. And, despite having one already hardwired in, they seem to want to put another CO2/smoke/heat detector within three foot of the other one.

Took over eight hours to get to that stage, apparently.

Mehhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Can't help thinking that they might have well taken the entire unit out and left me with slightly more space, rather than trashing the thing and still leaving loads of redecorating/covering up what can be covered up.

Sent Himself out to get me food. I'm starving. And this hasn't improved my mood a great deal.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    Options
    Hi all

A challenging day at the paid stuff. Feeling a little fragile but I have also managed to declutter some cobwebs and dust. I think I am on top of laundry - for now - and I have done a half hour check of finances. Stomach sore, going to give up on the idea of being brave about it and curl up somewhere with my book.
  • MadamMim2013
    Options
    roundtuit wrote: »
    2 x 18th birthday cards sent to me in 1978 - recycled
    Rxx
    Hey Round.. sorry I’ve been hiding,, :rotfl:
    Aww.. I was born in 1978..Made me smile (I also still have the Womans Weekly my mum got while waiting for me to appear!!:eek:) I need to declutter more..;)

Was my Ma’s birthday today & she’s poorly _pale_ bless her.. did manage her mini roll birthday cake then slept lots, will be keeping an eye on her...
    Dailies done and the recycling/rubbish gone..
    WM on and out on horsey
    WUDUPA x1
    WULTD x1

On strike till tomorrow now as I have a head cold appearing.. grrr..
    "There's a little witch in all of us"🥰
    DEBT FREE 06/2018
    MrsSD 2023 Decluttering Campaign:
    🏅⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    This is going to sound so made up but after the death of my DH and my Dd2 falling and badly breaking her elbow while holding our DGD I really thought life could not throw anything worse at me or mine, WRONG!!!!
    Monday I got a phone call at work to say ds2 (my baby) was ill and they rung an abmulance. He's 18, with no warning he had a stroke caused by large blood clot in brain. Thank god between our local hospital and the queens medical centre in Notts they saved him. When I saw him on Monday he had no movement on left side, limited speech and was in a really bad way,I was told they had a three hour window to save him! Thankfully they managed to do a thrombectomy at queens and reverse the damage. I can't believe how amazingly he's doing. I've come home tonight for a soak in the bath and clean clothes. He's currently in the stroke Ward at the local hospital but doing brilliant and has regained movemeNt of limbs and speech as well as losing the face drop. The NHS are brilliant!
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,959 Forumite
    Options
    Hugs Mrs MP. Everything crossed for full recovery.

Morning all. Back to paid stuff today and different hours to normal but I'll see what flying I can do later.

Have a great day everyone.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,473 Forumite
    Options
    Oh mrs-mp my heart goes out to you. I am so sorry you have had to cope with this as well as everything else. Sending lots of (((hugs))) for you and all the family, GWS wishes to your DS2 and DD2, and :T:T:T to the NHS. Please take care of yourself too xxx Flying can take a back seat for now.
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,868 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Wow Mrs MP, so pleased QMC managed to help you.

As an aside, you're possibly quite close to Valliland!

PPA morning so wfh. Or not; not decided.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills