We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Symbio Energy feedback

Options

Comments

• jbuchanangb
    jbuchanangb Posts: 1,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 17 December 2021 at 12:51PM
    Options
    Checked my E.ON Next account today to see whether any detailed bill had arrived. It hadn't but the debit balance on the account had increased by £97.21. Nothing new on meter reading history, only the opening reading on 3 October, and a reading dated 28 November which I submitted on 2 December. Read my meter today and 20 days energy would have cost £32.87. Something very odd going on. I will await developments. I won't consider the transition from Symbio to be complete until I can see actual bills for E.ON Next. 
    Edit to add. £97.21 is the energy cost from 3 October to 28 November (£120.99) less the credit balance received from Symbio (£23.78). So the E.ON Next billing system has debited the correct energy costs, and then incorrectly debited another partial energy cost. I hope it will sort itself out in due course.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 32,278 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 17 December 2021 at 4:01PM
    Options
    My E.On Next account has gone loopy.  The opening debit has doubled, it is showing a debit for electricity of -£118.26 making an account balance of -£236.52 then the Symbio credit and DD payment taken from that.  Daughter's account is showing the same double debit.
  • Rodders53
    Rodders53 Posts: 2,286 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Mine's gone strange, too, today.
    Only showing my DD credit, no bills.  Finally the correct tariff rates are shown! I guess they are in the process of (re)calculating the energy and standing charge to apply as a debit?
    Who knows?
    It almost makes Symbio's systems look sane.
  • PennineAcute
    Options
    EON have paid my Warm Home Discount.  That is pretty on the ball.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 32,278 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    molerat said:
    My E.On Next account has gone loopy.  The opening debit has doubled, it is showing a debit for electricity of -£118.26 making an account balance of -£236.52 then the Symbio credit and DD payment taken from that.  Daughter's account is showing the same double debit.
    Sorted now.  Was about to fire of an e-mail as my account was still showing the double debit and checked my daughter's account and hers was fixed so left it as they are obviously correcting it.  Checked mine again just now and it is also correct.

• matelodave
    matelodave Posts: 8,653 Forumite
    edited 21 December 2021 at 9:53AM
    Options
    I got an actual bill/statement this morning, which accurately shows my DD related tariff and my credit from Symbio. However not the DD that they got on 1st December as the billing date was 28th November. 

I'm guessing that they'll need a reading on 27th unless they start using my smart meter data which is now working at my end.

The bill has been downloaded and saved
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
  • KenMavor
    Options
    Likewise.....seems they've got to the bottom of the Symbio accounts system.  Hopefully it should be plain sailing from now on unlike Symbio!!
  • Rodders53
    Rodders53 Posts: 2,286 Forumite
    Options
    I got an actual bill/statement this morning, which accurately shows my DD related tariff and my credit from Symbio. However not the DD that they got on 1st December as the billing date was 28th November. 

I'm guessing that they'll need a reading on 27th unless they start using my smart meter data which is now working at my end.

The bill has been downloaded and saved
    Good lord.  That's extremely slow and tardy.  Hope it's not normal for the e.on billing systems.

I've had nothing from them yet since the 'welcome to eon' email and then my meter reading acknowledgements and 'balance' figures all on 28th November...
  • KenMavor
    Options
    Disagree!!
    It was, and is, painfully obvious that Symbio billing system was a complete and utter mess.  People were getting billed based on estimated meter readings that were over inflated; people were getting billed double the actual real amount; smart meter reading were ignored etc.  It was a complete shambles and not E.On's fault.

They are now having to sort out this mess along with getting 50000 people transferred across to their systems and billing process.  That is not an easy task.  Symbio problems have now cme back to bite us on the bum.

Also remember that 8, or 9, energy firms went down the plug hole at the same time.

Give them time.  It's only been about 2 months.

• jbuchanangb
    jbuchanangb Posts: 1,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    As an ex-Symbio customer I can say that my E.ON Next account is spot on. It shows the balance transfer from Symbio correctly. It has used the reading I submitted on 2 December to calculate a charge for energy from 3 October to 28 November (using the 2 December reading as if it was on 28 November) The charge calculated matches exactly to my spreadsheet for calculating energy charges using the E.ON Next Next Flex tariff applicable to my region, and direct debit method of payment. And they have even generated a PDF bill dated 17 December which covers those energy charges. Excellent.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.5K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.9K Life & Family
  • 249.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback