We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Symbio Energy feedback

Options
1394395397399400403

Comments

  • lisyloo
    lisyloo Posts: 29,739 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    tg99 said:
    Swipe said:
    Better to pay for more units at Symbio rates than Eon's if the inflated estimated opening and closing meter readings match
    Yep but in this case symbio estimated final read is 1000 kWh more than Neon reef estimated opening read. (Eon said I’d never be getting a bill from them as my account never migrated because I switched to Neon Reef …..although technically I was with them for about 10 days or so.)

    So doesn’t seem as Symbio have done any validation process to make sure estimated final reading is reasonable and ties in with opening read of new supplier. Is there any requirement for them to do this or can the administrators just pick a number?!!
    They cannot ( of course) charge you for services you haven’t had.
    the way to deal with this is to contact them and be a bit patient due to the circs I.e, administration.
    you have rights that ultimately you could purse with Ofgem or via the civil courts, but best to start with an email (which is what I’ve done).
    you will be protected, just don’t expect things to be sorted in 5 minutes - same old story I’m afraid.
  • tg99
    tg99 Posts: 1,215 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    lisyloo said:
    tg99 said:
    Swipe said:
    Better to pay for more units at Symbio rates than Eon's if the inflated estimated opening and closing meter readings match
    Yep but in this case symbio estimated final read is 1000 kWh more than Neon reef estimated opening read. (Eon said I’d never be getting a bill from them as my account never migrated because I switched to Neon Reef …..although technically I was with them for about 10 days or so.)

    So doesn’t seem as Symbio have done any validation process to make sure estimated final reading is reasonable and ties in with opening read of new supplier. Is there any requirement for them to do this or can the administrators just pick a number?!!
    They cannot ( of course) charge you for services you haven’t had.
    the way to deal with this is to contact them and be a bit patient due to the circs I.e, administration.
    you have rights that ultimately you could purse with Ofgem or via the civil courts, but best to start with an email (which is what I’ve done).
    you will be protected, just don’t expect things to be sorted in 5 minutes - same old story I’m afraid.
    I’m in no rush as I owe them money rather than vice versa so happy to wait until they contact me to arrange payment (since no active DD). My only concern is if they fail to adjust for the lower actual reading and thus try and escalate with debt collectors etc for an amount not actually due to them….and whether this would then affect my credit record.
  • rceebear
    rceebear Posts: 2,259 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I had an email from Symbio asking me to settle my outstanding bill. I left them several months ago before they folded but have yet to receive a final bill. The email said to login to my Symbio account but I get 404 error when I try. I was unable to work out my final bill as my tariff changed several times while with them and their billing system boggled my mind. So frustrating 
    Best wins - GoPro, £2K, Brittany week, festival tix, Bath break, Sweden spa break, iPhone x2, £250 Amazon x2, tech bundle, 55" TV, Haven break, £1K, Smeg mixer, 3 night spa break, Greenhouse, posh tent, house plants, 2 pairs boots, posh mattress, year tailored supplements, £250 lingerie
  • tg99
    tg99 Posts: 1,215 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    rceebear said:
    I had an email from Symbio asking me to settle my outstanding bill. I left them several months ago before they folded but have yet to receive a final bill. The email said to login to my Symbio account but I get 404 error when I try. I was unable to work out my final bill as my tariff changed several times while with them and their billing system boggled my mind. So frustrating 
    My email says to login and make a card payment if no active DD but that if you can’t pay via this method then “you may be contacted by a member of the Customer Services Team who have been retained by the Joint Administrators to assist with debt collection. They will be able to discuss how you can pay your final bill.”
  • lisyloo
    lisyloo Posts: 29,739 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    tg99 said:
    lisyloo said:
    tg99 said:
    Swipe said:
    Better to pay for more units at Symbio rates than Eon's if the inflated estimated opening and closing meter readings match
    Yep but in this case symbio estimated final read is 1000 kWh more than Neon reef estimated opening read. (Eon said I’d never be getting a bill from them as my account never migrated because I switched to Neon Reef …..although technically I was with them for about 10 days or so.)

    So doesn’t seem as Symbio have done any validation process to make sure estimated final reading is reasonable and ties in with opening read of new supplier. Is there any requirement for them to do this or can the administrators just pick a number?!!
    They cannot ( of course) charge you for services you haven’t had.
    the way to deal with this is to contact them and be a bit patient due to the circs I.e, administration.
    you have rights that ultimately you could purse with Ofgem or via the civil courts, but best to start with an email (which is what I’ve done).
    you will be protected, just don’t expect things to be sorted in 5 minutes - same old story I’m afraid.
    I’m in no rush as I owe them money rather than vice versa so happy to wait until they contact me to arrange payment (since no active DD). My only concern is if they fail to adjust for the lower actual reading and thus try and escalate with debt collectors etc for an amount not actually due to them….and whether this would then affect my credit record.
    There is a long process before debts gets passed to debt collectors.
    letters, emails, phone calls etc.
    yes it is a bit of concern with symbio, but things don’t escalate overnight, there are lots of steps along the way.
    I’ve emailed them to start the clock ticking or get my place in the queue
  • wittynamegoeshere
    Options
    Symbio's accounts may be getting messed up due to the fact that they used to estimate and bill in advance.  So the bill you paid on the 1st of the month was for your estimated usage until the end of that month.

    I hope that their accountants are able to grasp this concept, and they're not trying to recover the money that was apparently due at the start of the month during which that customer left, as that payment would have been for energy that they didn't use.
  • Swipe
    Swipe Posts: 5,191 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Symbio's accounts may be getting messed up due to the fact that they used to estimate and bill in advance.  So the bill you paid on the 1st of the month was for your estimated usage until the end of that month.

    I hope that their accountants are able to grasp this concept, and they're not trying to recover the money that was apparently due at the start of the month during which that customer left, as that payment would have been for energy that they didn't use.
    I'm sure the few existing employees who've been temporarily kept on would have explained all the underhand tactics in play when the administrators took over
  • tghe-retford
    Options
    My old meter has just turned up on the EON Next account so it looks like I have two electric meters and somehow they took a reading from my old meter on the 28th of November. Which will be a problem as it will be long gone. This is going to be fun. A £225 bill of which the majority is what I haven't used and now potentially two bills from EON. What a farce.
  • Swipe
    Swipe Posts: 5,191 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    My cheque just cleared so now I'm completely freed from the Symbio shackles. Would have been nice to also get my £60 compo but I mustn't complain. 
  • Boohoo
    Boohoo Posts: 1,056 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I checked my Eon Next account last night and i was £18 in debt after credit from Symbio and 1 months DD.
    Today i am £99 in credit and the bills that EON had for my usage upto last night have now changed to different amounts.
    I still can not see any bills but EON have 2 bills on my account but i can not see what they are for.

    I have sent meter readings to them so the bills should be for my usage.

    Maybe they cant work out Symbio's billing system yet.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 344.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.5K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.9K Life & Family
  • 249.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards