Symbio Energy feedback

edited 4 February 2019 at 8:00PM in Energy
1.9K replies 109.4K views

Replies

• TalldaveTalldave Forumite
    1.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    I've screen grabbed the variable direct debit graph in case I need to remind Symbio of it at a later date. Trouble is the website won't email the validation code so I can't confirm the request. 

Amazingly, their figure for the next year's EAC is 4% under the first year's actual consumption and will probably be spot on as savings from bulb changes work their way through. 
  • CRISPIANNE3CRISPIANNE3 Forumite
    712 posts
    Seventh Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper Car Insurance Carver!
    ✭✭
    Just had a look at my rates and they are 10.074 per kw and daily charge 24p. For us its best to pay a higher standing charge because of our usage. 
  • SwipeSwipe Forumite
    2.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    nic_c said:
    I've had a renewal reminder and their quote isn't everso go but a trawl through their website shows that thye still have some very cheap tariffs (even though the standing charge has gone up). I presently pay 12p/kwh with an s/c of 15p but they have a tariffif which is about 11p with an s/c of 24p, so although the s/c will cost me £32.85 a year more the reduction in the kwh price on my 7200kwh is £72 - a net saving of £40 
    I can live with their random billing structure to save another £40
    They seem to now have two DD options, the usual varying one which all this estimation malarkey gets peoples goats and a summer/winter fixed based on your annual estimation. Guess with the latter they won't need to do all that forward estimation stuff.
    They still do the estimations for entertainment purposes on the fixed amount monthly DD option.

1.7K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Just had a look at my rates and they are 10.074 per kw and daily charge 24p. For us its best to pay a higher standing charge because of our usage. 

That's a great rate and better than the Low, Fair and Green 2020 Variable v18 I'm going on to for anything above 3.5kWh a day.  But I'm happy as the variable rate will be cheaper than the fix that's ending and declining consumption is dragging the EAC down.  First year EAC (my guess) was 5000, actual will be around 4800, and their guess for the coming year's EAC is 4655  We might drop under 4500 if things go well!
  • CRISPIANNE3CRISPIANNE3 Forumite
    712 posts
    Seventh Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper Car Insurance Carver!
    ✭✭
    Talldave said:

That's a great rate and better than the Low, Fair and Green 2020 Variable v18 I'm going on to for anything above 3.5kWh a day.  But I'm happy as the variable rate will be cheaper than the fix that's ending and declining consumption is dragging the EAC down.  First year EAC (my guess) was 5000, actual will be around 4800, and their guess for the coming year's EAC is 4655  We might drop under 4500 if things go well!
    Our rate is fixed until July 2021. We pay by variable amounts each month. What possibly could go wrong!
  • nic_cnic_c Forumite
    2.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Talldave said:

The new tariff is more expensive for me, mostly because the SC is going from 14p-21p. Then again I was on a fix with no exit charge, so could move away, just everywhere else cost more and the estimation stuff didn't bother me as much as some on here. I've tracked individual bills, but might do one for the full year just for peace of mind. 
  • SwipeSwipe Forumite
    2.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Swipe said:
    Looks like their ridiculous estimations have come home to roost. This month's bill was minus £11. I think their cash flow might dry up soon.
    I'm on a fixed direct debit and I've just realised they didn't take a payment this month, probably due to the bill being negative. Looks like I've discovered another flaw in their billing system. Oh well, at least they shouldn't owe me any credit when it's time to leave.

1.7K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Swipe said:
    Swipe said:
    Looks like their ridiculous estimations have come home to roost. This month's bill was minus £11. I think their cash flow might dry up soon.
    I'm on a fixed direct debit and I've just realised they didn't take a payment this month, probably due to the bill being negative. Looks like I've discovered another flaw in their billing system. Oh well, at least they shouldn't owe me any credit when it's time to leave.

More importantly, my negative bill played havoc with my Excel spreadsheet!!  Have now modified it to deduct negative balances from the following month's bill!

• melburymelbury Forumite
    13.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't remember which way round - is it more advantageous to go for the higher daily standing charge and lower unit price if you are a high user or low user?

Stopped smoking 27/12/2007, but could start again at any time :eek:

1.7K posts
    ✭✭✭
    melbury said:
    I can't remember which way round - is it more advantageous to go for the higher daily standing charge and lower unit price if you are a high user or low user?

High user.  Although for low users, it all depends on what else is on offer from other suppliers!