Good and Bad Buying at Lidl and Aldi (***Please don't expire***)

Options

Comments

• Cornucopia
    Cornucopia Posts: 16,166 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Pollycat wrote: »
    I might give this a try.
    I don't like muesli - too 'pappy' for my taste.
    And I don't like anything too sweet.

I think it works as a product (although it is a fair bit more expensive than the standard Granola).

The winning thing for me is to be able to eat it cold with milk or yogurt which I can't do with normal granola (too much risk to the teeth).
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 1 December 2019 at 5:18PM
    Options
    Cracked open Lidl's Irish cream this afternoon. OMG, it is so delicious over ice, its like sipping a milkshake. Must pace myself a little :o

Eta: I wonder if I should just stick to milk with a tot or 3 of whisky?
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,610 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ken68 wrote: »
    Missing items could well be a Christmas strategy, steering people to more expensive stuff.

I shopped in a different branch of Aldi this week. Although it's bigger than my usual store, the stock seemed poor. I managed to get what I wanted with a few substitutes but I thought it was more likely to be shortages than a strategy.

It made me think about what it might be like in the new year if the buffoon manages to get what he's threatening done. :(
  • A._Badger
    A._Badger Posts: 5,853 Forumite
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    I shopped in a different branch of Aldi this week. Although it's bigger than my usual store, the stock seemed poor. I managed to get what I wanted with a few substitutes but I thought it was more likely to be shortages than a strategy.

It made me think about what it might be like in the new year if the buffoon manages to get what he's threatening done. :(

Aldi's stock control is far from perfect but that is down to its phenomenal growth rate and its unusual stocking methods. As the company clearly has neither any fears about future trading nor any plans to curtail its growth here (and why should it? It trades perfectly well in the USA) I'm sure it will carry on more or less regardless.
  • harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,643 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Aldi at Spennymoor has Brussel Sprouts on the stem at 99p a stem, first ones I've seen this year.
  • Clowance
    Clowance Posts: 1,843 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Has anyone seen the Lidl yule log yet? I checked yesterday but only loads of stollen etc, which I dislike.
  • VfM4meplse
    Options
    Clowance wrote: »
    Has anyone seen the Lidl yule log yet? I checked yesterday but only loads of stollen etc, which I dislike.
    I haven't, or Aldi for that matter - I haven't been looking, but its the kind of thing I notice. The Baileys one caught my attention in Asda the other day, but I had to remind myself I'd be better off buying a chocolate Swiss roll and washing it down with Irish cream ;)

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,643 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Aldi availability dates for Yule log and other Christmas fare all in their Christmas book from stores...
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,610 Forumite
    Options
    Pleased to see that Cherry Liqueurs have appeared in Aldi this week.:D
  • VfM4meplse
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    Pleased to see that Cherry Liqueurs have appeared in Aldi this week.:D
    All life's essentials :D

We cracked into am Aldi panettone that had been lurking - forgotten from January when I bought it priced to clear - this is evening. Still in perfect condition.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure