IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

I Recieved a letter from ZZPS please Help.

Options

Comments

• Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,445 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Well, that's just plain wrong. A CCJ stands for County Court Judgment, so unless they have become a county court overnight, it is just another (not so) scary debt collectors letter. However, if it gave you 30 days to pay, included financial forms and the outline of their claim against you will full proof, then it is a letter before claim and should be taken seriously. Go to NEWBIE post # 2 for LBC advice, post # 4 for debt collectors advise.
  • Tobisky247
    Options
    IMG-1134-copy.jpg
  • Tobisky247
    Options
    This is the letter that has been sent to me. I also emailed Kerry of sainsburies expressing my anger at this and her reply was plain and blunt. they have no jurisidiction over this hence i should understand their position. and i shoud go and deal directly with the car park owners. i am scared as to wait to do now.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 38,004 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well do as Kerry (whoever he/she is) says.

Complain to the car park owners.

That letter is just another debt collectors letter.
    Refer to post #4 of the NEWBIES thread for comprehensive guidance on how to deal with it.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 14 February 2019 at 4:35PM
    Options
    Tobisky247 wrote: »
    IMG-1134-copy.jpg

That letter is misleading and harassing and you are protected by law for such rubbish

MISLEADING AND AGGRESSIVE COMMERCIAL PRACTICES
    https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/721872/misleading-aggressive-commercial-practices-guidance.pdf

Part 1: Liability for misleading and aggressive
    practices
    The 2008 Regulations make misleading actions unlawful
    (see regulation 5). An action by a trader is misleading if it
    contains false information or if it is likely to mislead
    the average consumer in its overall presentation.

Consumer payments and “civil recovery”
    The Regulations amend the definition of a “transactional decision”
    to expressly cover demands for payment from a consumer in full
    or partial settlement of the consumer’s liabilities or purported
    liabilities to the trader (see reg 2(1A) of the 2008 Regulations).
    This means that misleading and aggressive practices in respect of
    such demands would now clearly lead to both criminal sanctions
    (under the 2008 Regulations)

You give a copy of this letter as a complaint to Trading Standards as it is misleading because none of what they say could ever happen unless a court ordered you to pay and you did not.

You need to show the CEO of sainsbury's (not Kerry) this rubbish by QDR as a result of their car park scammers

Mr Mike Coupe Chief Executive

Email mike.coupe@sainsburys.co.uk

As a footnote to Trading Standards, QDR are the low life division of Wright Hassall solicitors

Such misleading letters should also be reported to ...
    SRA (Solicitors Regulation Authority)
    https://www.sra.org.uk/consumers/problems.page
  • System
    System Posts: 178,105 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Sorry Beamer I have to disagree. Debt collectors run a fine line as an example from FCA debt collection guidance indicates
    Any explanation should not be misleading. Companies should not falsely imply, for example, that court judgment will automatically be granted or has already been obtained, or use documents made to resemble court claims.

That last one got ANPR Ltd closed down. And I've seen First Parking do it - but not ZZPS. CEL sail close to the wind some times.
    If the customer is at risk of enforcement action after a judgment has been
    obtained in the county court, the company should explain the implications of
    such action simply and fully but without being misleading.

Here they are being clear that IF they get a judgment, there are implications as set out.

Which part do you consider misleading as it looks like a fairly standard debt collection letter you can find in any industry.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options

Which part do you consider misleading as it looks like a fairly standard debt collection letter you can find in any industry.

But this IS from QDR giving information in such a way that the consumer could be misled.

Maybe it would be more acceptable if QDR pointed out that it is subject to them winning.
    It's how the investigation into WONGA started
  • Tobisky247
    Options
    What can I say to the car park owner. They want their money from me that’s why they have passed it on to ZZPS to collect from me and now ZZPS have passed it in toe QDR
  • Tobisky247
    Options
    What should I write to Mr coupe. The first time I wrote to him he passed it to Kerry.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Tobisky247 wrote: »
    What can I say to the car park owner. They want their money from me that’s why they have passed it on to ZZPS to collect from me and now ZZPS have passed it in toe QDR
    its CEL who wanted paying , they do not OWN the car park and it is not the landowner who has passed this on for collection

ie:- CEL passed it onto ZZPS/QDR for collection, not the car park owner

if SAINSBURYS own the car park, they could get it cancelled , proof of patronage of their store would be the reason for wanting them to get it cancelled

if they do now own the land, then find out who the landowner actually is, and complain to them. that is the point about a landowner complaint, you complain to the people who OWN it, not to the contractors who are merely employed on behalf of the landowner

its NOT the landowner that wants any money here
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family