IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

I Recieved a letter from ZZPS please Help.

Options

Comments

• Tobisky247
    Options
    Thank you. Is there any suggestions where to go from here please
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,737 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes. As above, please read your replies.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Tobisky247
    Options
    ZZPS has sent me another letter. Saying they have tried to contact me. And they are surprises that I have chosen to ignore their invitation to engage with their firm. They said to remove any doubt they are a professional debt collection agency and have been instructed by their client. CIVIL ENFORCEMENT LTD. (initial I thought it was star park. But the client name on this letter shows civil enforcement ltd. They then said their client requires this payment of the balance outstanding as soon as possible and failure to do so will make them pass the account to QDR solicitors in 14 days time.

I couldn’t figure out how to send a picture on here that’s why I have written what’s on the letter.

Could someone advise what to do from here? Thank you
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,894 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 23 January 2019 at 8:10PM
    Options
    Tobisky247 wrote: »
    Could someone advise what to do from here?
    Yes, re-read post #4 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread.

But you already know that.

Please also re-read posts #4, #7, #9, #10, #12 and #14 on this very thread.

All those posts explain exactly how you should deal with debt collectors letters.
  • ImNoExpert
    Options
    Forgive me if I've overlook you already stating this, but what reason was given in the letter for a parking charge being received? As you said you shop at that Sainsbury's all the time, and I assume you don't get a ticket every time? Is it a free car park or do you have to buy a ticket?
  • Tobisky247
    Options
    It’s not a free car park the way I understand is that they had a ANPR camera there before and you have to pay and display. But if I’m not there for long and I don’t get tickets all the time. So I’m not sure why I had this ticket from them.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,737 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Do not send that. You are not even sending it to the company's Management.

You must research this properly and you won't be able to defend the inevitable claim, and win, without reading the sticky thread.

The only reason you wouldn't be able to find the NEWBIES thread as all newbies can, would be if you are using a phone and can't see my signature below.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Tobisky247
    Options
    That’s correct @coupon mad I am using a phone. So Ill log on my laptop and see if I can find it from there.
  • Tobisky247
    Options
    I have now received a letter from QDR solicitors and they said I need to pay up or I will have CCJ on my name. What do I do from here
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,509 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Tobisky247 wrote: »
    I have now received a letter from QDR solicitors and they said I need to pay up or I will have CCJ on my name. What do I do from here

Does the letter literally say that, or have you misinterpreted it? Read it carefully.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport