Slimming through the Winter - Slimming World support thread 2019

Options

Comments

• marmitelovemehateme
    Options
    Good afternoon...

Nothing went to plan quite this morning in that I didn't get to do my meal plan and eat first thing.....
    So,

B 2 cups of tea
    L Porridge/half banana
    D 2 Sausages, vegetables, Stuffing ball and gravy

I started my first week on the 28th December..I just could not eat anymore..:D

Weighed in this morning and I am 8lb lighter than I was a week ago.:j...I am happy with that but probably mostly fluid loss....I will be happy with any loss this next week...:D
    [STRIKE]68 [STRIKE]Mouses[/STRIKE] [/STRIKE]

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Brilliant loss Marmite
    Zebras rock
  • marmitelovemehateme
    Options
    kathrynha wrote: »
    Brilliant loss Marmite

Thank you.....I don't have lots to lose but one more stone would be good for me....I lost four stone about 4 years ago and it started to creep back on over the last year....Just thought if I was communicating my efforts I would be more positive in the weight loss and make more effort to get it off again...:)
    [STRIKE]68 [STRIKE]Mouses[/STRIKE] [/STRIKE]

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • Tete_en_l'Air
    Tete_en_l'Air Posts: 7,134 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Wow that's brilliant Marmite!
    I like salad, but if I try to make it too healthy I will soon get bored of it. Instead I like to add a few flavour punches even if they add some syns. Todays salad had olives, pickled onions (yes know they are free), grated cheese and salad cream. They took a boring salad to a really lush one that I really enjoyed.

Why have I never thought to put pickled onions in a salad?! Totally will in future! Love this approach to salad - I stopped buying the bags of leaves last year because I realised that they don't fill/satisfy me, and I always end up throwing half the bag away as I can't eat it up quickly enough. Salads for me are now mostly grated carrot and beetroot, cucumber and tomatoes, with added filling bits like ham/eggs/couscous/potatoes, etc. Much more filling and enjoyable!
    Weightloss: 14.5/65lb
  • esmy
    esmy Posts: 1,341 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just a quick one for fans of Aldi's Lamb Rogan Josh - I've seen on another site that they may be replacing the current product with one that includes rice in the pack, no doubt upping the syns. I always add extra veg and do my own rice so I've stocked up on a few packs for the freezer today. Get 'em while you can!!
  • pollyanna24
    pollyanna24 Posts: 4,370 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If it's the Eat Smart 350g chilled pack it is 6.5 syns

Some pasta sauces are free, and very easy to make free ones.
    There are SW ones available from Iceland. No idea what they are like though.

For a really easy sauce Aldi do bottles of passata that are free. They come in basil and oregano or garlic and onion flavours.
    Great for making an easy Bolognese too.

Thanks. I might look at the Iceland ones. Just looking for quick and simple for my lunches at work.
    Pink Sproglettes born 2008 and 2010
    Mortgages (End 2017) - £180,235.03
    (End 2021) - £131,215.25 DID IT!!!
    (End 2022) - Target £116,213.81
  • pollyanna24
    pollyanna24 Posts: 4,370 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I get you on that. I feel it is better to use some syns on something not too bad, or to enhance your meals, than to use all your syns on junk.

I like salad, but if I try to make it too healthy I will soon get bored of it. Instead I like to add a few flavour punches even if they add some syns. Todays salad had olives, pickled onions (yes know they are free), grated cheese and salad cream. They took a boring salad to a really lush one that I really enjoyed.

I think that is why I am starting this diet not too bothered about syns, but eating better than I have been if that makes sense.

I don't want to get so tied down to counting syns that I want all meals to be syn free and then blow all my syns on chocolate at night.
    Pink Sproglettes born 2008 and 2010
    Mortgages (End 2017) - £180,235.03
    (End 2021) - £131,215.25 DID IT!!!
    (End 2022) - Target £116,213.81
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,963 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good afternoon...

Nothing went to plan quite this morning in that I didn't get to do my meal plan and eat first thing.....
    So,

B 2 cups of tea
    L Porridge/half banana

Weighed in this morning and I am 8lb lighter than I was a week ago.:j...I am happy with that but probably mostly fluid loss....I will be happy with any loss this next week...:D
    :j:j:j well done
    Wow that's brilliant Marmite!

Why have I never thought to put pickled onions in a salad?! Totally will in future! Love this approach to salad - I stopped buying the bags of leaves last year because I realised that they don't fill/satisfy me, and I always end up throwing half the bag away as I can't eat it up quickly enough. Salads for me are now mostly grated carrot and beetroot, cucumber and tomatoes, with added filling bits like ham/eggs/couscous/potatoes, etc. Much more filling and enjoyable!
    Be like me and eat the whole packet of leaves:rotfl::rotfl:
    we often have pickled onions with salad, when other times would you eat them?

Well be ready for bigggggggggggggg tea pic cause im hank marvin:rotfl: all because i couldnt undo the lid of my flask for my soup:mad: i put the booger on as well:rotfl:
    So today so far all i have had it over night oats and an apple:o didnt have anything else at work to have with me:(
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good afternoon...

So,

B 2 cups of tea
    L Porridge/half banana

Fabulous start marmie, well done!
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,664 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Great news! I went to WI this morning and I only gained a pound!:j I'm delighted and amazed with all I've eaten and drunk over the holidays. Hopefully I can see that off and maybe more in the next few weeks before my holiday.:)

Fantastic loss marmite and you get a half stone shiny!!:T

I stayed as long as I could at WI and heard part of the talk on the changes to the plan and I've got my new books to read. I realise that I have misled Pollyanna. Now there are no absolutely free yogurts although some are more synful than others. Apparently the theory behind the extra HEA is that people were over eating free yogurts (like Mullers) so they've added a healthy extra of dairy instead and synned the yogurt.:think:
    I was wondering whether you'd eat the pasta n sauce packets for lunch at work? Many of those are really low syn. :)

esmy wrote: »
    Just a quick one for fans of Aldi's Lamb Rogan Josh - I've seen on another site that they may be replacing the current product with one that includes rice in the pack, no doubt upping the syns. I always add extra veg and do my own rice so I've stocked up on a few packs for the freezer today. Get 'em while you can!!

Thanks for the tip esmy. I've yet to find another ready made curry that I like as much. The sauce is nice and thick. I'll check for room in the freezer and then buy some in.:) I seem to have had loads of luck with YS fish lately so we'll be having that twice a week for the foreseeable. It's no hardship because I love it.:drool:

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, HEB Weetabix with HEA milk, half banana
    L: veggie omelette (mushroom, courgette and tomato) with ham and pickles
    D: baked salmon, cauli steak, SW chips, tomatoes, mushrooms, tenderstem broccoli
    Syns: NONE!!!:j

This must be the first time for almost a month that I've been properly back on plan. 105 syns in the bank. It's a good feeling.:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure