Slimming through the Winter - Slimming World support thread 2019

Options

Comments

• Vixstar
    Vixstar Posts: 967 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Maman or anyone who freezes baked potatoes... what's the best way to store them in the freezer and how do you reheat them? Do they need to be defrosted?
  • curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    tea-001.jpg
    Steak under there :D

That picture scares me bubbs. :eek:

I'm always worried about beetroot rolling off the plate, it stains terrible.......
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    edited 2 January 2019 at 8:59PM
    Options
    Vixstar wrote: »
    Maman or anyone who freezes baked potatoes... what's the best way to store them in the freezer and how do you reheat them? Do they need to be defrosted?

Roll in cling film to freeze.
    Unwrap and microwave from frozen, approximately 5 mins each.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Options
    curl_girl wrote: »

I am a little dim today..... do you cook them in the oven first?

:D
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,945 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    That picture scares me bubbs. :eek:

I'm always worried about beetroot rolling off the plate, it stains terrible.......

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:dont get a chance to fall off only on my fork:rotfl::rotfl:
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    Options
    I am a little dim today..... do you cook them in the oven first?

:D

Yes think they do a batch together save fuel and time
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • sarymclary
    sarymclary Posts: 3,224 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    AmyGroov3 wrote: »
    Hiya, i’m trying to sign up online (after 2 years away :( ) and just wondered how you got the membership down to £50 with the books? Is there a special code? Thanks :)

Hi AmyGroov3, there is a code you can put in on the website that was working on Monday when I tried it, and should still be okay: WOMAN2018

The main offers I have seen have been for the discount at joining a group in person, rather than online. Historically I can see expired codes that offered £35 off online membership that they had last year and the year before.... I'm really hoping one of those happens again this year. Failing that, it does look like there are regular discounts offered. I imagine SW make a lot of their £ for the year during this month, and then again in the run up to the summer hols (she says speculating madly!) :rotfl:

Today was the first day back at work, somewhat unprepared because I only really decided to get back on the SW wagon at the weekend, so I tried to be creative with food.

B: Fat free greek yogurt with tinned apples (1.5 syns) & cinnamon
    L: Porridge (HEB) with some milk from HEA & water. 2 tsp sugar (2 syns)
    D: bacon, tomato, eggs, beans & 1 slice 50/50 bread (4.5 syns)
    snacks: satsuma, dolce gusto cafe au lait x 2 (4 syns)
    Total syns: 12

I nipped out at lunchtime to the small supermarket near work that sells primarily frozen food, but was able to pick up some Alpen light bars, fat free yogurts & some Muller chilled choc desserts for a sweet fix if I need it, apples and tomatoes. I also grabbed a couple of noodle pots, but need to check the syn values before I eat them. Thought if they're low syn enough they'll do as make-do lunches at work.

As I was leaving the s/mkt I noticed a sign on the door advertising the WW choc frozen tortes for £1, are they any good? Think they're about 8 syns though. Need to stock up on more veg, but trying to make do atm, as it's a long time until payday.

Hope you all have had a good day.
    One day the clocks will stop, and time won't mean a thing

Be nice to your children, they'll choose your care home
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,638 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    Yes think they do a batch together save fuel and time

I wrap mine in foil and then reuse the foil. Generally I use it to make little trays to bake mushrooms and tomatoes when I'm doing SW chips. It saves washing up. :)

Definitely cook them when the oven is on for something else. :money:

I texted my consultant earlier to check when she's doing the talk on the new plan. It's tomorrow but I could go next week and sit in on the new member talk. As long as you go by 10th January I get the book free otherwise £5. That may not be national but gives me a choice.

I think I will go tomorrow though. I need to know how much I've put on. :(
  • bubbs
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    I wrap mine in foil and then reuse the foil. Generally I use it to make little trays to bake mushrooms and tomatoes when I'm doing SW chips. It saves washing up. :)

Definitely cook them when the oven is on for something else. :money:

I texted my consultant earlier to check when she's doing the talk on the new plan. It's tomorrow but I could go next week and sit in on the new member talk. As long as you go by 10th January I get the book free otherwise £5. That may not be national but gives me a choice.

I think I will go tomorrow though. I need to know how much I've put on. :(
    Yes ours was till the 13th,god luck tomorrow :D
  • Flat_Eric
    Flat_Eric Posts: 4,060 Forumite
    Options
    Hello
    Lovely to find this new thread :) Happy New Year x

I'll hopefully be catching up this evening with all the posts. It's class today and I'm not keen on going .....

The prospect of going to class in the winter months really isn't appealing nor is my excuse that I'll make use of my time and go running instead and save the money up.... but likewise online membership isn't going to cut it if I'm being honest as there's not the same motiviation you get with attending group and online membership always seems so expensive when you have to pay so much upfront.

Did anyone watch the new Tom Kerridge show last night? I have the new cookbook but just need to sit and plan some meals making them sw friendly if I can.

Have a good day all and I'll be back soon.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure