Slimming through the Winter - Slimming World support thread 2019

Options

Comments

• bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,926 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    sarymclary wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I've returned here after a few years away (I think it was 2014?) and the pounds have crept back on, and SW seems to always work for me as I have a big appetite.

I'd like to join in the challenge please, and put me down for 8lb which I think is sensible and hopefully achievable.

I was going to join online yesterday, but looking at my budget for the month, it may have to wait a few more weeks as I'd like to do the 3mth membership with magazine and books, and that's £50 atm. I have 2 lots of old books from 2010 and 2013, but understand the plan has changed somewhat recently, however they will have to do for now, and I'll keep a close eye on what everyone else is doing too.

I'll admit I've been a complete piggie in recent weeks, and yesterday I just ate everything, to the point that I couldn't wait to stop eating today. I find I have to do that to kick-start myself into disliking 'bad' food. Ridiculous really. Anyway, today is the start of returning to a better way of eating, and both me and my OH are ready for it (despite him not really being overweight).

Enough waffle from me, here's what I've had today:

Brunch: porridge HEB, milk from HEA, 1 tsp sugar 1 syn with tinned apple (uncooked) 1.5 syns
    Dinner: hm turkey & veg soup (allowing 2 syns for gravy for thickening)
    Snack: small piece of hm banana flapjack - 2 mouthfulls = 5.5 syns & satsuma
    Extra syns: 2 x dolce gusto cafe au lait = 4 syns
    Total syns: 14

It's a bit low on speed food, although the soup was jam packed with veg.

Tomorrow I am back to work, so going to have to plan what I am going to eat during the day. I'm going to look online for some inspiration. Work can be quite stressful, and I think it has definitely contributed to me gaining so much weight this year - I was a stone lighter a year ago. Ironically my boss is the complete opposite and stress stops her eating - we are like fatty & skinny! :laugh:

Welcome back :D
    Yayyyyyy im a piggy too, so have a "mate":rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: no one seems to eat as much as me:eek::o
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    Options
    curl_girl wrote: »
    Starting this weekend, Slimming World magazines free inside the Daily Mirror and Sunday Mirror.

No idea what they are but just seen an advert in my local paper.

Thanks, i actually meant to pick the mag up at group and i forgot:o will waittill i get weighed next as £1 cheaper there
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    Thanks, i actually meant to pick the mag up at group and i forgot:o will waittill i get weighed next as £1 cheaper there

I bet they are thin paper pull outs

I also like the magazines, not bought one for ages though, may treat myself.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • Tete_en_l'Air
    Tete_en_l'Air Posts: 7,134 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Happy new year everyone! I didn't see it in, I've been full of cold all over Christmas and it really caught up with me last night so I went to bed early but managed nine hours' solid sleep which was fab! Just eating up a sponge pudding and custard then back on plan tomorrow. I must say it's freeing to know I can have porridge/cereal for breakfast and still have enough milk allowance for my coffee.

Welcome to newbies and returners! We should all be sick of the sight of chocolate and cheese by now so this first week should be a breeze.

I had noticed the Heinz soup syns, but I have to agree with whoever it was who said homemade is better - since I started making my own, I can't eat tinned soup anymore. Just have to make sure there are always plenty in the freezer.

See you in the morning!
    Weightloss: 14.5/65lb
  • bubbs
    Options
    curl_girl wrote: »
    I bet they are thin paper pull outs

I also like the magazines, not bought one for ages though, may treat myself.

Yes usually are booklet type things
  • bubbs
    Options
    Happy new year to you Tete :D
    See you have your sig ready:T:T
    Can tell im back on plan , peeing like a good un:rotfl::rotfl: sorry if TMI:p
  • sarymclary
    sarymclary Posts: 3,224 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    Can tell im back on plan , peeing like a good un:rotfl::rotfl: sorry if TMI:p

I thought exactly the same thing about the several trips to the loo today. I've always been convinced I pee'd my weightloss, but apparently the weight is lost via energy used by the body to function and breathing. I'm still not convinced it's not all going down the loo mind you :o
    One day the clocks will stop, and time won't mean a thing

Be nice to your children, they'll choose your care home
  • bubbs
    Options
    sarymclary wrote: »
    I thought exactly the same thing about the several trips to the loo today. I've always been convinced I pee'd my weightloss, but apparently the weight is lost via energy used by the body to function and breathing. I'm still not convinced it's not all going down the loo mind you :o

I always that it was flushed out through pee:o
  • Tattle
    Options
    Hello all! Will soon be starting my SW journey. I don't live in the UK at the minute so have to do it online so I'm sure that this group is going to be a lifesaver (both in terms of info and motivation!) Need to give myself a week to get organised and understand everything before I get started, but I'm excited about the idea of taking more control of my health and weight. Hope you're all having a great start to the new year xx
  • bubbs
    Options
    Tattle wrote: »
    Hello all! Will soon be starting my SW journey. I don't live in the UK at the minute so have to do it online so I'm sure that this group is going to be a lifesaver (both in terms of info and motivation!) Need to give myself a week to get organised and understand everything before I get started, but I'm excited about the idea of taking more control of my health and weight. Hope you're all having a great start to the new year xx

Hello and welcome:D
    Ask anything you want, someone usually knows the answer :T:T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure