Slimming through the Winter - Slimming World support thread 2019

Options

Comments

• maman
    maman Posts: 28,593 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 1 January 2019 at 5:51PM
    Options
    :wave: Bon Voyage denise. I hope you have a really lovely time. We're off to India too, in a month.

:wave: welcome to all new joiners and returners. Do share tips and ideas and questions. We're all keen to get our heads around the changes.

You'll probably lose a bit by tweaking the way you eat Pollyanna even if it's not 100% on plan. Soup is another idea for lunches at work. I like home made but it seems that one positive from the new book is that Heinz soup has become very low syn. Are you sure your mum wouldn't want to help by cooking you SW friendly food? What is it your children like that isn't SW friendly?

We stayed up late last night and had bubbly. I had some cheese and crackers but DH had helped by eating some of 'my' chocolates. Today I'm more or less on plan but not 100%. That starts tomorrow as I try to put right all the damage of the last few weeks.:(

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, fried egg, HEB toast, baked beans, HEA milk for drinks
    L: mushroom omelette, ham, pickled cabbage, cornichons
    D: sausages, fried onions, mash, cauli, broccoli, carrots
    Syns: gravy 4? BGTY sausages 2

ETA: Excellent news chocomonsta:T
  • Abbafan1972
    Abbafan1972 Posts: 6,895 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi Chocomonsta,

Glad to hear your scan came out ok. You can do this!

I feel more determined than ever to lose those extra few lbs!

Hope everyone is ok.
    Striving to clear the mortgage before it finishes in Dec 2028 - amount currently owed - £43,915.98
  • Bozwood
    Bozwood Posts: 216 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone. Well I put 4 lbs on over Christmas, but I enjoyed it very much I think it was the best for a long time. I have been back on plan since I put weight on except for a Chinese takeaway I had on New Year’s Eve but I did have syns saved for it. I go tomorrow to group. I do hope to have a loss. I would like to loss 10Ibs for the challenge maybe a little more I am doing more exercises so hope that pays off. Good luck to everyone
  • TakeItEazy
    TakeItEazy Posts: 2,660 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Not convinced by the ‘sudden’ low syn value of Heinz soup! Have the recipes changed drastically?

New Year passed by in a blur and not the alcohol type :(. Was in bed well before midnight after a bout of D&V :( son went to bed early too so hubby watched Hootnanny by himself :( spent today feeling guilty as 1st time we’ve not seen new year in together. Hope that isn’t a message :(

Anxiety overload as back to work tomorrow, at least no kids til Wednesday :D

Here’s hoping 2019 is kind to us all :A
    Its not what you do but the way that you do it, thats what get results :T
    Keep the Faith All

Heartbroken 12.12.13 :cry:
  • marmitelovemehateme
    Options
    Happy New Year everyone....I would like to join in please...

I don't want to join any classes but would like the challenge to lose some weight....

I put on nearly a stone since August and want to lose it and a bit more if possible......
    [STRIKE]68 [STRIKE]Mouses[/STRIKE] [/STRIKE]

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,926 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm a newbie. Shocker on 1st January eh?

I'm not sure that I want to follow SW religiously as when I tried that, I found it very expensive and my kids are fussy and so want to eat the same dinners as them which, whilst not unhealthy, just not as syn free as they could be.

Plus my Mum cooks dinner as she minds my children and I don't want to make things difficult for her.

So my main things as I seem to have lost my way completely are lunches. No idea what to have. Salads? Jacket potatoes? I'm trying to steer clear of bread. I work 4 days a week. There is no oven or toaster, but there is a microwave.

Think I will focus on no alcohol and no snacking after dinner (save for an Alpen Bar) and see how I go with that.

I have 22lbs to lose which mightn't sound like a lot, but I'm the heaviest I've ever been (I'm even heavier than I was when I was fully pregnant with my second!).
    Hello and welcome:D
    I dont eat bread, ww wrap, ryvita rye cakes are nice and you can have 6 form the green packet or 5 from the blue packet for hexb, soup, crustless quiche, pasta?
    Happy New Year to you all. I lost about 3.5 stone 2 years ago but have let 3 stone come back :o

I am going to join a class this week to get the new books and will buy a 12 week countdown. I don't like going to class but it does make me behave. I hate when they go round the room and you have to chat though I enjoy listening to everyone else! Not keen on the happy clappy bit either but SW does work.

After an urgent scan yesterday, I have just been told the lump in my throat is not cancerous so feeling very lucky and hopeful for the new year and now I have no excuse to eat more with the worry. I will have to not eat more to celebrate the good news though! Husband is not well either but it should not excuse the 1 stone that I have put on in the last month. I also think that the fatter I get the more anxious I get and the more I eat, then I don't want to go out as I feel fat so I sit in and eat. It is a vicious circle.

Can you put me down for 8lbs please

thanks
    Hello and welcome :D
    Glad your scan was ok:T:T
    TakeItEazy wrote: »
    Not convinced by the ‘sudden’ low syn value of Heinz soup! Have the recipes changed drastically?

New Year passed by in a blur and not the alcohol type :(. Was in bed well before midnight after a bout of D&V :( son went to bed early too so hubby watched Hootnanny by himself :( spent today feeling guilty as 1st time we’ve not seen new year in together. Hope that isn’t a message :(

Anxiety overload as back to work tomorrow, at least no kids til Wednesday :D

Here’s hoping 2019 is kind to us all :A

Sorry you are still not good :(
    It is Weds tomorrow, sorry to disappoint :(
    The soup is because apparently they are taking the free foods into consideration but in my opinion home made better:D
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,926 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options

I don't want to join any classes but would like the challenge to lose some weight....

I put on nearly a stone since August and want to lose it and a bit more if possible......

Hey up Marmie :D
    You will do it, be shocked at my meal size:eek::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options

Welcome marmie.
    I'm sure you will do really well.

I'm hoping for menu inspiration and I'm going to try some new ones from the first pages.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • marmitelovemehateme
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    Hey up Marmie :D
    You will do it, be shocked at my meal size:eek::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Hey up bubbles...I saw your meal the other day....It was huge...I have nearly done my first week. I weigh in on Thursday Morning....Self policing myself.....I weighed at 16st 2lb and knew it was time to stop eating the wrong foods.....At the end of August I was 15st 2lb....:rotfl:

I've only had a bowl of Porridge today...But, I am about to devour a large plate of veg with a chop and a small homemade stuffing ball....:D

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • marmitelovemehateme
    Options
    curl_girl wrote: »
    Welcome marmie.
    I'm sure you will do really well.

I'm hoping for menu inspiration and I'm going to try some new ones from the first pages.

Hi curl girl...I was lured here by bubbles and her amazing efforts last year....I have just made my lunch to take to work tomorrow...Shredded carrot, chopped tomatoes, celery and peppers with a small tin of mackeral in tomato sauce. Salt and pepper and a little bit of Caesar dressing and a drizzle of honey...:D

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure