Options

Comments

• pollysg
    pollysg Posts: 207 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 1 January 2019 at 6:31AM
    Options
    Happy New Year!

I’m a lurker, have posted in the past from time to time when following SW, and always found you all so helpful. So, I’m starting again hopefully going to group on Thursday to get the new books and then motoring on myself. I know the principles, just need to get my head round the changes. I do green and EE days usually.

My greatest loss was nine years ago now, I’m two stone away from there, and would love to have the sense of freedom that gave me. My chief motivation is increasing my mobility as I’m waiting for a new knee but want to delay as long as possible. The dog would be pleased!

Which is all to say, please may I join the challenge,

Chris, please put me down for 12 lbs. .
  • Matron_Midge
    Options
    Morning and happy new year to you all.
    I had both gin and wine last night so I'm pretty low on the Syn bank front.
    Today's plan is
    B banana
    L out to visit friends so no idea
    D butternut and bacon risotto from new mag
    S well have to see how bad lunch was
    Hea milk
    Heb ?hifi bars
    Proper start on Wednesday (tomorrow)
  • Suffolksue
    Suffolksue Posts: 1,394 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    HappyNew Year !

Determined there will be a lot less of me this time next year ,I am 70 in June and want to look a lot more human by then !
    yesterday started well and then went down hill ,on the positive side ,there are no unopened Christmas treats left (I'm ok as long as things aren't open!)

I will sketch out a plan today for the week .
  • Abbafan1972
    Abbafan1972 Posts: 6,895 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Happy New Year everybody!

Well I rejoined SW at the weekend, having had a break for a few months due to running out of steam.

I restarted afresh rather than keeping my history. Got the shiny new pack, but no new card as I have to keep my old one (unless I lose it hee hee!).

I weighed in at 11st 9.5lb on Saturday, my target is 10st, so a bit to get off.

It was good to get back to group, as I have missed it. I used to do the weighing before, but someone else is doing it now. I don't wish to take it back on, but we'll see.

Am back at work tomorrow. Need to get used to the changes on the plan. I might struggle with using 2 x HEA's as I rarely used 1 of my allowance, it's the HEB I could with the allowance of 2 lol!

Hope everyone has a good week - I will try and check in as often as I can x.
    Striving to clear the mortgage before it finishes in Dec 2028 - amount currently owed - £43,915.98
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Options
    Hello.... any space for a slightly heavier SSM?

Chris could you put me down for 5 lbs please x
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,926 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Vixstar wrote: »
    Denise have a great holiday.

Chris can you put me down for 10lb for this challenge, fingers crossed I'll hit this one.

Had an amazing NSV today, got a pair of size 12 jeans to fasten up, still a little tight so didn't buy them but not far off fitting. Can't remember the last time I fitted into size 12s.
    :T:T:Twell done on your NSV
    Hello.... any space for a slightly heavier SSM?

Chris could you put me down for 5 lbs please x
    Always a space :D

Abbafan, you know you can do it , so good luck:D
    Its a new year for everyone, lets smash it this year:D:D
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • pollyanna24
    pollyanna24 Posts: 4,370 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm a newbie. Shocker on 1st January eh?

I'm not sure that I want to follow SW religiously as when I tried that, I found it very expensive and my kids are fussy and so want to eat the same dinners as them which, whilst not unhealthy, just not as syn free as they could be.

Plus my Mum cooks dinner as she minds my children and I don't want to make things difficult for her.

So my main things as I seem to have lost my way completely are lunches. No idea what to have. Salads? Jacket potatoes? I'm trying to steer clear of bread. I work 4 days a week. There is no oven or toaster, but there is a microwave.

Think I will focus on no alcohol and no snacking after dinner (save for an Alpen Bar) and see how I go with that.

I have 22lbs to lose which mightn't sound like a lot, but I'm the heaviest I've ever been (I'm even heavier than I was when I was fully pregnant with my second!).
    Pink Sproglettes born 2008 and 2010
    Mortgages (End 2017) - £180,235.03
    (End 2021) - £131,215.25 DID IT!!!
    (End 2022) - Target £116,213.81
  • curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Happy New year to you all.

Have a fabulous holiday Denise.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Welcome to all the newbies I haven't already welcomed and welcome back to the returners.

Had lots of bubbles and chocolate last night! Probably right at top end of target already!!!

Thanks for the good wishes for my holiday - will be glad when we get there as hate flying! To me it's a necessary evil to have holidays not in the motorhome!

A definite on plan day today! Today's plan:

B - baked oats, quark, grapes
    L - carrot & coriander soup
    D - pasta carbonara

HEA1 - milk
    HEA2 - none planned
    Syns - none planned but who knows! Definitely no alcohol tonight as have to get up early to get to the airport.

Probably won't be able to get on line very often so will be back towards the end of the month!

Denise
  • chocomonsta
    chocomonsta Posts: 487 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 4 January 2019 at 11:54AM
    Options
    Happy New Year to you all. I lost about 3.5 stone 2 years ago but have let 3 stone come back :o

I am going to join a class this week to get the new books and will buy a 12 week countdown. I don't like going to class but it does make me behave. I hate when they go round the room and you have to chat though I enjoy listening to everyone else! Not keen on the happy clappy bit either but SW does work.

After an urgent scan yesterday, I have just been told the lump in my throat is not cancerous so feeling very lucky and hopeful for the new year and now I have no excuse to eat more with the worry. I will have to not eat more to celebrate the good news though! Husband is not well either but it should not excuse the 1 stone that I have put on in the last month. I also think that the fatter I get the more anxious I get and the more I eat, then I don't want to go out as I feel fat so I sit in and eat. It is a vicious circle.

Can you put me down for 8lbs please

thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family