PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 31st December 2018

Options

Comments

• MadamMim2013
    Options
    Morning everyone.. Happy New Year!
    We were invited to DS1 gf's family party to celebrate last night, it was fabulous, games played, lovely food munched, memories made and at midnight we all stood outside watching the free fireworks for a 5 mile radius (they have a cracking view from their home) was the happiest new year I've had in 15 years!!
    Home by 2.30am.. DS1 stayed behind, DS2 (also had a fab time) snuggled into bed very full and content..
    Woke this morning full of cold:eek: That explains the earache and tetchy throat the last few days.. Oh well, dosed myself up, coffee on the go and am wrapped in the big fleece, shall take advantage of having the TV free to catch up on missed progs, or read my new book..
    Thank you all for your constant encouragement and support in 2018, one of my goals for 2019 is to participate more, lurk less.. :rotfl:
    "There's a little witch in all of us"🥰
    DEBT FREE 06/2018
    MrsSD 2023 Decluttering Campaign:
    🏅⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Mademoiselle
    Mademoiselle Posts: 1,363 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Bonne Ann!e!

Happy New Year to you all, still here and hoping to continue to progress all be it slowly with you all in 2019

Had friends over for dinner last night and it was a lovely evening. This morning we have cleared up and the place isn't looking too bad at all. Off to get DD2 in a bit. Looking back over the last year I can see that some progress in the house has been made. No it's not perfect and there is still loads more to do but feeling better about it all.

Have a nice day and SMILE
  • lil_me
    lil_me Posts: 13,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Happy new year ladies x

OH has decided it’s an Ikea days. My MSE ways mean not spending what he wanted to as I’ve found an old bit of furniture from the shuffle that’s going to do the job but it needs legs .... step count and heart rate will go higher!

Appears it’s the drier leaking so I shall investigate it later
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
  • atypicalblonde
    Options
    Huge dog walk x2 done, then we took the kiddies to the park for a picnic in the sun :j

House de-Christmassed, all hoovered and everything put away. I think a nap is needed now :o
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • funfairprincess
    Options
    _party_Happy New Year flyers_party_

Hope you all had a great hogmanay x

I ended up getting phoned into work. Was just finishing a shop at Mr M when I got the call so it ended up a mad rush to get home, get the shopping past, get changed and drop DD at her dad's. Was a good night though and the tips weren't bad :T

I've prepared the veg, stuck the WM and TD on and I'm now enjoying the calm before the storm. I've got the troupes coming for dinner. Might make a bit of an effort and stick some clothes on!
    I'm not a muggle...I'm just magically challenged
  • Pollybear
    Pollybear Posts: 3,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Happy New Year everyone. Every year I mean to post more but just end up lurking again. I am always interested to hear about other people's days but I think mine are too mundane.

We cleared all the Christmas stuff away on Saturday and I've done the dog/babysitting duties that were hanging over me so I can hopefully look forward to 2019. I stress about things that turn out to be no problem at all, I wish I could stop that.

Wishing everyone good health and enough wealth to pay the bills. Everything else is just jam.
    x
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Back home after nye shinanegans, both hubby and I feeling a little worse for ware, but, he's snoozing in front of the tv with Pickle and I'm hiding upstairs chilling out.
    When I emerge from my chill zone I will sort out the luggage from staying away last night (not much really) and do the daily tasks. I want to up my step count generally this year, so I need to do another walk this afternoon to hit my 10k steps I really need to do everyday. I need to look at an average of 10k a day, over the course of a week/month though due to the driving and sitting around I do for work.

It's been lovely 'getting to know you' all over 2018, my trusty bullet journal and I will journey with you in 2019. Thank you to all those who contribute, administrate and organise this little zone of homely heaven.

Wish.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,810 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Pollybear wrote: »
    Happy New Year everyone. Every year I mean to post more but just end up lurking again. I am always interested to hear about other people's days but I think mine are too mundane.

We cleared all the Christmas stuff away on Saturday and I've done the dog/babysitting duties that were hanging over me so I can hopefully look forward to 2019. I stress about things that turn out to be no problem at all, I wish I could stop that.

Wishing everyone good health and enough wealth to pay the bills. Everything else is just jam.
    x

It's been lovely to see you back. In 2018 I was quite worried about the thread...there has been more than one occasion when I wondered about the value of keeping it going.

Please do post...
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,906 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Ditto - wot she said ^^. I’m not sure what I’d do for support if the thread collapsed. I’m as guilty as the next woman for not always posting, and heaven knows my life is far from exciting. But they tolerate my boring ways:D

So just to prove it....1 Christmas tree down, all evidence of Christmas removed from the kitchen and hallway. Tomorrow the rest will go.
    Beds changed and a load of washing dried on the line. It’s bonkers - it’s January!!

DD has been collected from her friend’s, involving a rather nice if confusing drive around the countryside. DH wants a haircut as he is back at work tomorrow, then I think I might treat myself to a g&t.
  • Dizzy_Imp
    Dizzy_Imp Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Evening all. I too, am guilty of not posting often enough, but I will be making amends for that during 2019. I do have a lot going on, although sometimes I'd rather gloss over it :(

Anyway, today started reasonably well, until I stepped on the scales and found myself to be nearly four stones heavier than when I met DH back in 2010. :eek: Cue an immediate New Year resolution to get my weight down and under control. Especially as I'm Matron of Honour for my best friend at the beginning of May. Please wish me luck, because I certainly need it!

This afternoon, I hand stacked some reclaimed soft red bricks that I'd like to use to create some raised beds for fruit and veg to the south side of the house. I doubt I'll be able to get these sorted in time for growing season, but if not, they will be ready and waiting for next year. That was around an hour of lifting and carrying, plus I helped DH move some huge underground drainage pipes for the pumping well we have planned in the back garden, so I'm hoping a few calories may have been burned off.

Thanks to Mr and Mrs Fox, our small flock of chickens has been decimated, so we have introduced some new birds into the paddock and re-installed the electric fencing, plus new electric wires above the new stock fencing. I'm now the proud momma of six young Brahma birds and am looking after a further six tiny chicks and three slightly older ones of varying breeds. Very, very cute but they make an awful mess kicking up the bedding, so have been sweeping wood shavings almost every hour.

Dog business is going great guns - in fact I've only had one day off (at the beginning of September) where I've not had between two and six visiting pooches! Consequently the mud, dog hair and dust levels have risen to epic proportions. Sadly my flylady efforts make little impact on things.

Lots more news, but I'll stop yabbering now as I'm sure I can hear one or two of you snoring...

Cheers all and hope 2019 is a great year for each of you lovely ladies x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport