Frump to Fab 2019 - Here We Go Again

Options

Comments

• lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    SSDD23 Ouch to the foot. Hope it get heals soon.

A few months ago my chiropodist asked me what I had done to my little toe. I said I didn't know but it felt a bit sore. She laughed and said "I'm not surprised, it's broken in two places" :rotfl:
  • LuxuryWoman
    LuxuryWoman Posts: 156 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello fabbers,

Yes LL I’ve been reading the mail about those tweakments, interesting.

Have had a terrific haircut, very happy.
    And, it’s this week- hurrah! New smile by the weekend :T:T:T

Will get my eyebrows done on Saturday and put a colour through my hair and I’ll be done.
  • lessonlearned
    Options
    Well done LW.....you sound like a new woman, :rotfl:

Well the good news.........I've lost 2.5lbs. Wahoo. And it was so easy!! In fact I don't think I have ever eaten so much in my life. Perhaps that was the problem, maybe I wasnt eating enough and my body had gone into starvation mode. I stuck to as many "free" foods as possible and just had a splurge on Saturday evening, then back to the programme yesterday.

Fingers crossed I can keep going and finally get the extra weight shifted. I bought a couple of their little books today. Still on a learning curve so the books will help.

I also decided to order the Tweakments book and an interior design one I have been wanting for a while. I know I said I wouldn't buy any books this year and only use the library or the charity shops but I decided to indulge myself. :D.
  • eandjsmum
    eandjsmum Posts: 465 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi fabbers still swimming . Had to do p a swimming g fozzie ax it was too big. Now have another one to get rid of as is too big. Took some stuff to cs yesterday.
  • lessonlearned
    Options
    :bdaycake:

Happy Birthday Maman.

Have a lovely day. Enjoy the Leonardo exhibition.

Very high winds again, so rather chilly. Acupuncture and then a bit of shopping today. Other than that nothing special planned.
  • sugarbaby125
    sugarbaby125 Posts: 3,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Happy Birthday Maman. I hope you have a great day with your family and friends :D
  • humptydumptybits
    Options
    Blowing a gale and pouring down with rain so no shopping today. I'm going to do a bit of housework and then settle down with my library book, a nice cup of tea and some nibbles.

Happy birthday Maman, hope the weather doesn't spoil it.
  • sugarbaby125
    sugarbaby125 Posts: 3,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Luxury Woman it is great news that you are so happy with your hair cut and you will soon have the smile and teeth that you have dreamed of. :D

LL I am envious of you saying that you now have a flat stomach. You have made great progress with your weight loss as well due to your hard work and changes in your eating habits. :D

I have finally got my act together and started to do daily exercises for the last 14 days. I am planning to continue exercising daily throughout 2019 so that at last I will be improving my health, my fitness and my body shape. My holiday beckons in May and I want to look the best that I possibly can. I have been cutting back on chocolate, sweets, cakes, biscuits and crisps. I am now cutting them all out for the next 2 months. It will be tough, but it is a goal I know I can achieve.
  • lessonlearned
    Options
    SUgarbaby. I am fortunate in that I don't have a sweet tooth.....but the truth is carbs are actually very addictive, especially the sugary ones. It can be very difficult to wean yourself off them, but not impossible. Once you have got them out of your system you will feel better.

If You go cold turkey you might find that you feel unwell for a few days.....they call it "carb flu". It all depends on how well you can cope with complete withdrawal and whether cutting down might be easier for you. The withdrawal headaches can be ferocious.

At any rate, try eating fruit, it should help with the sugar cravings. Some people find sugar free jelly helpful during the transition stage It's still sweet though so it doesn't really address a sweet tooth and so doesn't really change bad habits. And of course it contains artificial sweeteners which are also best avoided.

Don't forget that "white carbs" ie white potatoes, pasta, white rice and white bread all convert to sugars too. Quite apart from my grain intolerance I have to avoid all white carbs to try and control my blood sugar levels. (5.7 yesterday, wahoo :j. Getting there).

Good luck and try and think long term......health and fitness benefits as well as losing weight in the short term.
  • Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 7,378 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Happy Birthday Maman.:A

I'm off to reflexology today. I need to go past the GP to finally get these damn blood test results and request some medication.

It's very windy out there today!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport