Frump to Fab 2019 - Here We Go Again

Options

Comments

• maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,986 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Just in case anyone is interested........a kitchen gadget that might be helpful for low fat cooking.

My cooker really isn't up to much, one oven doesn't work and I don't really care much for gas anyway, but I don't want to replace it yet so today I bought an electric grill thingy from Aldi. £9.95

Rather than being a straight pan it it is divided to keep foodstuffs seperate. Apparently it is suitable for low fat cooking so I bought some spray oil and spray butter to try as well. I was thinking of getting an air fryer but as the grill was on offer I thought I'd give it a try.

I do like Aldi......

They even had a spray version of truffle oil. :D. I stocked up on some herbs and spices. I picked up a rosemary plant, a small basil plant which will go on the kitchen window cill, a tube of ginger pur!e. (I buy chilli and garlic pur!e too, saves all that chopping and grating).

I think if I stick to as many of the "free foods" as I can then I can jazz them up with herbs and spices for variety so I don't get fed up. Obviously dairy will have to be curtailed......:rotfl: cheese is my biggest temptation.

Wednesday......I am using lentils too instead of couscous, potatoes and the like. I have bought several types of beans, pulses etc to try because As you know I can't digest many grains but I'm fine with pulses. Having said that I have found a local baker who does a nice rye loaf. As long as I don't overdo it I'm fine. I get them to slice it for me and then freeze in batches of two slices. A loaf will last me weeks. :rotfl:

I actually like chicken and I love fish, not too keen on Quorn if I'm honest but with plenty of herbs and spices I should be able to ring the changes and not get too bored. I have already been reducing the amount of red meat I eat anyway.

Sorry if I'm being a diet bore.....:o. This week is a bit of a learning curve and I'm just trying to get my head round it all. I think it's a case of getting organised with meal prep and shopping, basically just thinking ahead. Hopefully once I've got a grip it will become second nature and I won't have to think quite so much about it all.

Maman. I've read good reports about the Clarins serum. I usually do ok with their products with no allergic reactions. I love their Beauty Flash balm.

I have decided that I'm am going to give myself a course of facials. I have some skin peel product so I'm going to give those a go.

Then, as a reward for when I hit my first weight loss target, I am going to book myself into a salon. I have a couple of harmless small cysts which I shall get removed. No one else notices them but I know they are there. :rotfl: it's time I got rid.......

Has anyone tried any of the serums that are supposed to promote eyelash growth. Mine are really sparse now. It's either that or I'm going to either have to try false eyelashes or salon extensions. I thought I would prefer to try to grow mine again if at all possible.

I mean business now.......:rotfl:

LL I have used Revitalash on and off for years now, it is very expensive, but works for me. I usually buy from QVC when they have a special offer, certainly a good idea for the first time as they have a 30 day MBG even on opened and used cosmetics/skin care. It was invented by a US surgeon for his wife who lost her lashes after cancer treatment, sadly she has now died.

Use daily for 6 weeks and then alternate nights. I often end up forgetting it for ages and then simply start again, it last for a long time as you use so little, and does not dry up in the tube (kept out of sun in moderately warm bathroom.

I recently saw a thread on FB asking for recs, I only skimmed through it as a lot of the favoured ones were only available in the US, but one by L'Oreal which Boots stock had quite a few happy users, I will be trying it next time I need some.
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I’ve been feeling a bit fed up so decided to do something out of my comfort zone today. I went to the theatre on my own for the first time while my husband went off for a walk. Don’t judge...I went to see ‘the sooty show’. Ha.
  • 32b3in2013
    32b3in2013 Posts: 2,440 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Evening

I have lost my way a bit and getting back in the same old same old, so today I cleared my wardrobe out again.

I am going to take time each evening to select the next days clothes as I have just been wearing the clothes that have just been ironed. Also, in the coming week I am not going to wear my Skechers to work just because they are comfortable.

I think it is time for another handbag change too. I saw a lovely bag today whilst out shopping, but I didn't buy it. I am going to use one of the bags I already have, I bought a Mulberry bag and matching purse last year to celebrate a success, so I am going to use them this week.

My friend's funeral is coming up too, and I can't make it due to a work commitment which I can not get out of. I will go to the wake after work to show his parents a bit of support.

Flo61, nothing wrong with Sooty :j

M
    SPC9 #125 - £816.85
    SPC10 #125 - £851.81
    SPC 11 #7 - £968.46
    SPC 12 #7 - £2682.90
    SPC 13 #7 - £4829.85
    SPC 14 #7 - £4173.30
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,593 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    32b3in2013 wrote: »
    Evening

I have lost my way a bit and getting back in the same old same old, so today I cleared my wardrobe out again.

I am going to take time each evening to select the next days clothes as I have just been wearing the clothes that have just been ironed. Also, in the coming week I am not going to wear my Skechers to work just because they are comfortable.

I think it is time for another handbag change too. I saw a lovely bag today whilst out shopping, but I didn't buy it. I am going to use one of the bags I already have, I bought a Mulberry bag and matching purse last year to celebrate a success, so I am going to use them this week.

My friend's funeral is coming up too, and I can't make it due to a work commitment which I can not get out of. I will go to the wake after work to show his parents a bit of support.

Flo61, nothing wrong with Sooty :j

M

Mulberry bag sounds fantastic. I've only got a Turkish fake but I love it. Enjoy using yours. :)

Choosing clothes the night before always worked for me. I'm good at night but always in a rush in the morning.

I'm planning what to do for my birthday on Tuesday. We've got a busy week so just looking at the day although DH offered to go away for a couple of days. I'm thinking about going into the city to a Leonardo exhibition then browse the shops for a bit in case I fancy anything. Then home to see DD after she finishes work then out to dinner at my favourite Italian. My next favourite restaurant is Indian but I don't think I'm ready for curry yet. We had a surfeit on holiday. :D
  • 32b3in2013
    32b3in2013 Posts: 2,440 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    Mulberry bag sounds fantastic. I've only got a Turkish fake but I love it. Enjoy using yours. :)

Choosing clothes the night before always worked for me. I'm good at night but always in a rush in the morning.

I'm planning what to do for my birthday on Tuesday. We've got a busy week so just looking at the day although DH offered to go away for a couple of days. I'm thinking about going into the city to a Leonardo exhibition then browse the shops for a bit in case I fancy anything. Then home to see DD after she finishes work then out to dinner at my favourite Italian. My next favourite restaurant is Indian but I don't think I'm ready for curry yet. We had a surfeit on holiday. :D

That all sounds perfect for your birthday outing. Hope you have the best day :beer:
    SPC9 #125 - £816.85
    SPC10 #125 - £851.81
    SPC 11 #7 - £968.46
    SPC 12 #7 - £2682.90
    SPC 13 #7 - £4829.85
    SPC 14 #7 - £4173.30
  • humptydumptybits
    Options
    Hi everyone, haven't been around for a couple of months as I have been through a hard time. Still feeling less than 100% but things improving.

I'll be trying to catch up with everyones news.
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 10 March 2019 at 2:13PM
    Options
    hi Humptydumptybits. I was wondering where you were and if everything was ok. Good to see you back.

Good afternoon lovely ladies

It's blowing a gale here but so far the forecast snow and ice hasn't arrived. I've lit the fire in the dining room so I'm nice and cosy. I did look at multi fuel stoves this week but I am still not sure. They are big ticket items. I won't live here forever. This house will be too big for me to maintain when I'm old and decrepit - unless of course I marry again :rotfl::rotfl:

I need to make sure I get plenty of bang for my buck with the house renovations and that they are a worthwhile investment, so that when I sell I recoup my outlays. It's the labour costs which are so crippling. I think I'm just going to concentrate on the jobs that either "need" doing such as repairs and maintenance. If it's cosmetic or just one of my design fantasies then I shall just have to roll up my sleeves and do it myself.

I'm currently doing a paperwork catch up/money sort out and I am bored:rotfl: so time for a break and a cuppa.

I think I'll stop now (done all I can for now) and do something more exciting. :D. Even if it's just playing at being a domestic goddess and cooking something nice for dinner. I could be doing some more decluttering. I definitely need to do a study sort out, it's become a junk room again but I'm not in the mood. I can just close the door on it so I might just curl up with a book or a nice film later instead.

Had a lovely impromptu dinner party with DIL and DS1 (and grandson) last night. It was supposed to be just a short visit for afternoon tea but when they smelt the curry I was batch cooking they decided to invite themselves for dinner .......kids eh. So the curry that was supposed to provide 4 portions for me was demolished........I don't mind.

Diet seems to be going well. I'm enjoying experimenting and I'm feeling very optimistic. My tummy feels nice and flat. I'm ready for a haircut....it seems to have grown just in the last week.

Hope you all have a great week.

Maman your birthday plans sound lovely.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi fabbers!

I had an eventful weekend and broke my toe getting ready to go and play squash, so that's off the card for a few weeks! Hopefully I can do some swimming or something to keep things moving as I don't want to backtrack on the weight loss.

I've also committed to wearing my glasses at work as I should be doing anyway, as I've been getting really dry, tired eyes and headaches so I am going to force the habit of wearing them as I should.

This week's task will be to hobble around hairdressers and try and find someone to sort out my roots! I used to bleach them and then colour my whole head so I will need to see if anyone is confident that they can lighten them enough with a high-lift tint. I don't mind gradually ending up a bit of a darker blonde, or even if they go a little darker and make it blend somehow. As long as it looks okay, I don't mind what they do! It definitely feels much healthier now that I have given up the straighteners though :o
  • humptydumptybits
    Options
    I put some make up on and went for a walk, called in at local supermarket and bought some Danish pastries so going to have a coffee and Danish for elevenses. I'm feeling down, which is unusual for me, but I'm doing my best to get back to normal. I think a walk every morning would be good for me and a Danish would be a nice motivation.

I'm still looking for a new hairdresser, been to quite a posh place in a neighbouring town, it came highly recommended and cost an arm and a leg but I'm not impressed. I'm starting to lose hope about ever finding someone who can do a really good cut, what happens is I get it cut and leave feeling happy but it is the blow dry and products that are doing all the work not the cut. Maybe I should start wearing hats and give up on hair.

I haven't got any plans for this week but if I'm feeling OK tomorrow I might do a bit of shopping, I'm looking for some eye shadow and possibly a new lipstick for DDs wedding, I did buy some new make up last week and I'm really happy with most of it but I'm just not sure about the lipstick and I didn't see any eye shadow I liked so that should keep me busy. Thinking about it I could do with some nail varnish as well so I think I'm going to go to the big Boots and Debenhams and have a good mooch.
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 11 March 2019 at 1:30PM
    Options
    Good morning lovely ladies

Just dropping by to wish all those who are weighing in today good luck.

Also to let you know there is a new series in the Daily Mail this week taken from a newly published book called "The Tweakments Guide: A Fresher Face".

The articles are available online so you don't have to rush out and buy a copy of the Daily Mail.

I have had a bit of a spa morning.....will paint my nails later and do some yoga.

Have a great day. Keeeeeep fabbing.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport