Frump to Fab 2019 - Here We Go Again

Comments

• maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,978
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    chanie - great that you have the holiday arranged, much to look forward to.

sugarbaby - your vists to The Queen's Gallery sound amazing, have a great time tomorrow too.

Luxurywoman - today is another day closer to the new look you.

Wednesday - it feels good to ring the changes with clothes and jewellery, puts a spring in my step.

savingfortomorrow - I enjoyed the couple of times I went to slimming clubs, does rather depend on the leader, but a great feeling of support and often fun if they get it right.

maman - I hope that your nails look good, do you vary the colours you choose?

SSDD23 - I agree about posture and I think the other essential is a great fitting bra, a subject of great discussion and giggles with my Osteopath (female) yesterday.:rotfl:

LL - I am thinking of booking with a podiatrist again, I saw one a few years ago, but those inserts are not comfortable now and I think I might get less knee pain if my gait was corrected.

PT session this morning, then meant to be out to lunch, have a mild/moderate sore throat, don't want to spread potential bugs, but it may just be because of acid reflux anyway. They are a fit and robust lot so I think it should be OK to go, I am the one with the duff immune system :(

Have a great day, stand up straight and see how many people you can make smile back at you today:D:D
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    edited 7 March 2019 at 7:48AM
    Good morning lovely ladies.

Wow. You are all going great guns. All very busy and focused, working towards your goals.

I'm still getting my head round WW but I think I'm doing ok. I spent a couple of hours yesterday "studying":D I think I'll buy myself a proper recipe book for inspiration.

Talking about inspiration - my surprise outing that my friend took me to was a lovely arts and crafts centre. They had lots of nice quirky shops and posh galleries. A bit too expensive for me but I came away with lots of ideas for my own projects.

Maman has also inspired me ..........to get reading again. I am devouring books at the moment, :rotfl:

At the moment I am Currently reading a biography about David Bowie......now there was a very creative man, always bursting with new ideas and schemes, although of course he had a few barren spells and had to rest and recover when he had overreached himself and burnt himself out. But he took time out, cleaned up his act - got off the drugs and booze and concentrated on his health.

I have also just finished a book called "The Survival of the Prettiest". An academic tome which, just as the title suggests, is all about the role of beauty in evolution. Fascinating stuff.

I must admit it's nice to stretch my mind again. It's all about personal development isn't it. And it is good to get the ideas sparking again and the creative juices flowing.

The more I think about it, the more I realise that I too had simply burnt myself out, although not on Bowie's scale. Lol. Luckily I didn't succumb to drugs or alcohol but I didn't eat well, didn't exercise and certainly didn't really take proper care of myself, so I gained weight, got tired and ill and just sort of "lost" myself in the process.

The "caring years" and then dealing with the aftermath of my husbands death and that of my parents, really took its toll - far greater than I realised at the time. It's only now, looking back, that I realise just how bad it was. It's only now that I am starting to feel stronger and healthier that I realise what a long journey it has been. Hey ho....

I think when it comes to losing weight, you have to be in the right state of mind to get and stay focussed. I think that is often where slimming clubs are so helpful. They can offer a lot of support and encouragement. I really should have joined up before now but I don't think I was ready. Never mind, I'm doing it now.

Ladies, it's never too late to make a fresh start.

And just like David Bowie.........we can always reinvent ourselves. We can become the person we always dreamed of becoming. :D.
  • Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 7,275
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    I'm not going to WW classes, I'm just following it online as most of the information is on there now.

I am surprised how many zero points foods there are now. It seems much simpler to follow than the last time I did it.

I only started Monday but the scales say I'm down 2 pounds already! It feels like I'm eating a lot of meals as well.

I'm cutting out all the vegan junk food and vegan cream cheeses/cheeses and things like peanut butter until I have lost another stone. It's much easier to resist them if you don't keep them in the house.:D
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Very true Wednesday......i just don't have temptations in the house now. It's easy for me though because I live alone. Much harder when you have children or a partner with a sweet tooth.

I too have been astonished to see how many "free foods" there are on the WW plan but I can also see where I have been going wrong in the past. I haven't been able to download the app yet so,I'm still doing it all "manually" but even so I'm pleased with how it's going.

I don't know why, but it just seems to have clicked in my head this time and I'm feeling confident that I will reach my target. And I'm certainly not feeling hungry or deprived.

Maddie.....I am hoping that the inserts will help with my knee pain too. If our gait is wrong then it is likely to affect the lower limbs, hips and lower back because everything is out of alignment.

It's horrible here. I went shopping earlier, picked up a nice cream lacy summer cover up for £2. Bargain. I'm just staying put now, nice and cosy and about to cook something nice and healthy.
  • eandjsmum
    eandjsmum Posts: 465
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Lost another lb this week.. it's now starting to show.. this week I have brought 2 new swimsuits as I have found out the hotel we are staying in before Easter has a pool. I have also booked a spa day ( groupon's offer) with the girl for my big birthday in a couple of months..I am still reading les miserables probably will be for a bit.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,491
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I went shopping earlier, picked up a nice cream lacy summer cover up for £2. Bargain. I'm just staying put now, nice and cosy and about to cook something nice and healthy.

I read that and inserted 'cake' before I saw the rest!:D

Well done all of you who are just starting off with weightloss. It's so worth it.:T

Your event at the Queen's Gallery sounds amazing sugarbaby. what a brilliant idea to use the exhibition as a focus for writing. You're really great at finding all the activities available to you and mse into the bargain.:money:

We go back to the same resort in Turkey year after year chanie. We love it there and we mainly go just for for sunshine and a rest. Personally I think major sightseeing is best done on short breaks whenever possible as culture is best in bite size chunks to truly appreciate it. Many years ago we hired a car on Crete. We'd just moved house and DH had been super efficient and sent his licence away to update it. I ended up doing all the driving. Back then, the road signs were in the Greek alphabet!:eek: Also, I remember a hair raising drive through the mountains in the dark. We'd driven to the south of the island and hadn't factored in how rapid the sunsets are. Because of left hand drive it was DH who had to sit close to the cliff edge!:D I'm sure both the roads and signage have improved over the years and I'm sure you'll have a great time. :)

I am quite boring with my nail colour Maddie. This week I have my favourite deep, burgundy colour but otherwise I have a strong red. I don't like pale colours as I think they make the skin on my hands look a bit too rustic. They're not red or worn but the contrast is too much and I've never tried blues or purples or anything like that. What do others do?

Glad you're enjoying your reading LL. I've lapsed for a week or so as I really didn't fancy another bit of chick lit for a while. This morning I've picked up the second of Trollope's Barchester novels from the library so that's my next choice.

I've done well for exercise this week. I've been dancing twice and had two really long (hour+) brisk walks. I'm dancing again on Sunday and we'll have a good walk on Saturday too.

It's my birthday next week so every reason to get fabbed up. I'm thinking of making a hair appointment for Monday, just a cut and blow dry and trim my fringe. It's a bit of an extravagance but why not??;)
  • sugarbaby125
    sugarbaby125 Posts: 3,335
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Hello Ladies,

I have had a really relaxing day today. I have been catching up on laundry today, reading and watching recorded TV programmes.
  • teedy23
    teedy23 Posts: 2,088
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    Good evening fabbers. Your all doing so well with your slimming efforts, again as long as your not gaining your still winning.
    My college appointment today was for Caci facial, it was not the most comfortable treatment but I really see a difference, I have another one in 10 days and on Monday I have a galvanic facial, the second in a block of four, so its all going well there. My Pilates and body toning treatment have taken a toll on my poor old muscles, my abs (well where my abs should be) are screaming and I'm scared to cough, I sneezed yesterday and I'm quite sure I lost a rib lol.
    Sugarbaby, your life is sounding great right now, your having such fun, long may it continue.
    The only reading I'm doing right now is child related, which goes toward training time, I must get something lighter or get myself some new pens and go back to colouring in, very relaxing and good for focus. I love word games and play these online but have to scale that down towards bedtime.
    The holidays booked sound lovely I'm getting itchy feet lol. Stay Fab you lot x
    :T:jDabbler in all things moneysaving.Master of none:o

Well except mastered my mortgage 5 yrs early :T:j
    Street finds for 2018 £26:49.
  • FrankieM
    FrankieM Posts: 2,454
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I'm loving being back on the slimming world plan..I love a good bit of being in control and routine :)

I'm doing terribly with any kind of daily housework routine though. I think I just prefer keeping everything ticking over daily and doing the housework on the weekend, so I may just keep on with that and then do a deep clean every few months? How do others do it?
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Not doing particularly well on the fabbing front at the moment. I am trying to walk more but weather hasn't been that good. I am keeping up with the kitchen exercises though and it's working. My yoga session last night was much more intense than usual - I managed plank position relatively easily! I've gone back to using my retinol day cream. I prefer the texture and it has a high SPF - apart from that and a squirt of perfume that's all I've been doing. The boat goes back in the water at the end of this month so DH & I have been working on it on dry days. I have no fingernails left now!
    Frankie - i keep the housework down to 'acceptable level' clean beds, toilets, kitchen and not too much dust elsewhere ;) I refuse to do any housework on a Sunday though.
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure