🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Frump to Fab 2019 - Here We Go Again

Options

Comments

• lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Good afternoon lovely ladies

Maman - Buscopan might help your IBS symptoms until you get to see your doctor. It is also a muscle relaxant and eases those nasty spasms, but without the side effects of amitryptaline. It's available OTC and on most supermarket shelves although not in Aldi. Obviously you do still need to see your GP. Hope you get things sorted soon. IBS is not nice. Thankfully since my life is now less stressful and I have overhauled my diet I only rarely get attacks now, usually if I have eaten something to trigger it.

SUgarbaby......Glad you've got your council tax sorted. What a palaver.

Busy here, painting going well. It's looking good, pleased with the colour choices. Just finished today's session and am off to soak in the bath. Hands very dry so bought some O'keefs. It's a bit greasy and leaves my hands feeling a bit tacky but it seems to be helping.

Nice and sunny and surprisingly warm so managed to open windows for paint fumes.
  • Moll
    Moll Posts: 445 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 30 October 2019 at 11:53PM
    Options
    Been for electrolosis today ( Go every 2 weeks) so im keeping any hairs at bay , Also on the fabbing front , had my teeth checked/ cleaned and polished , The denitist saw a marked difference in my whiter teeth and she asked me what id done different , Id switched to a battery operated toothbrush ( Round one ) and i can feel the difference on my teeth , Much better , I got a score of 98% !! so im pleased about that , Sorry i was AWOL over the Summer , Most of the time i was holidaying , So not a bad thing , My friend comes to stay every Summer for 3 weeks and we go off to places , We both like history , so aim for places to see stuff, Stayed in Plymouth for a week , and saw Plymouth Ho and the Mayflower Steps etc, Another week before she went home was in London , Went into Buckingham Palace for the first time as i wanted to see the exhibition about Victoria and in particular her ball gown , She was TINY ,,,Then in September we went to America for 18 days ( West, Salt Lake . Arizona/ Wyoming/ Idaho and South Dakota) courtesy of our friends over there, They bought me and hubby a ticket using thier air miles , Wasnt that kind of them , so not a lot of warning , but a fab holiday , The house has had some fabbing , a new bathroom ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, It needed it as last time we updated it was almost 40 years ago , I love it now , in fact we need to go and live in there as its the best room in the house now Lol , Need to get cracking on the other rooms , Lots of de cluttering needed, but im in the right frame of mind to do it , so thats half the battle , Love reading what everyone is doing ,
    Going to do the halloween sweetie bags ready for the kids coming tomorrow , then off to put some hand cream on my hands ,,,,with this cold weather they need TLC
  • lessonlearned
    Options
    Good Morning lovely ladies.....

Good to see you back Moll. Sounds like you have had a great summer.

Beautiful day here. So nice to see the early morning sun. I love this crisp autumn days. Painting today again but will definitely make time to get out and enjoy some fresh air.

Happy Halloween.
  • sugarbaby125
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

Now that I do not have that Housing Benefit and Council Tax fiasco casting a pall over my life, I feel so much happier.

Yesterday I went to the Silver Screen showing of the film Mrs Lowry and Son in the afternoon, then I went to Karaoke in the evening. :D

I used my Odeon Limitless card to buy my ticket for the film. I really enjoyed Mrs Lowry and Son even though there were moments listening to the mother's cruelty and verbal abuse of her son that made me wince. Vanessa Redgrave as Lowry's mother and Timothy Spall as the renowned artist were both excellent. I would give this film 8/10 :D

I had a great evening at Karaoke. I sang 3 of my usual songs: Hurt So Good, Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You, Fever and I also sang I'll Never Fall In Love Again by Tom Jones for the 1st time in public. I did a lot of dancing as well which made me feel really happy inside. :D

I am going to a spoken word event tomorrow evening and to watch a play at The Vaults Theatre on Saturday evening. :D
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    It's the anniversary of when we met in a club in 1993 today.

26 years together today.:heart2:

Funny that it was on Halloween!:rotfl: It turned out to be a good omen.:)

I'm doing us veggie burgers in buns, garlic bread, potato wedges and then vegan chocolate cupcakes for dessert. I mean, they are all shop bought so I'm not really making anything. Oh well. I'm sure he doesn't love me for my cooking skills.:D:p We are watching a film together just at home.

I am going to have a bath and fab up and then wear my Dorothy Perkins navy dress (that I dyed black) with tights and boots and my silver earrings and necklace.

This dress:

https://www.dorothyperkins.com/en/dpuk/product/dresses-5699972/womens-dresses-5686813/tall-navy-horn-effect-button-skater-dress-8868016

Now that I do not have that Housing Benefit and Council Tax fiasco casting a pall over my life, I feel so much happier.

I'm sure you are!:T
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    I just saw that I have an offer if I spend £50 at Superdrug that I get 500 points on my card. I might buy us both electric toothbrushes as I keep meaning to buy one and they are on offer at the moment.:)

I can't remember if I said that I am trying Intermittent Fasting/ Time Restricted Eating at the moment. I am only eating from midday to 10pm at night and then fasting for 14 hours afterwards. I was reading about how many supposed health benefits it has. My husband is trying it too.

https://drchatterjee.com/time-restricted/
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,691 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    That's a lovely gesture making a special meal at home Wednesday. happy Halloween Anniversary.:)

I suppose IF is a variation on 5:2 but bringing it down to a daily basis. Let us know how you get on. I suppose if you're not a big, breakfast fan then it could work well.

I meant to see that Lowry film when it was released earlier in the year sugarbaby. Thanks for the review. I'll probably catch it on TV sometime. I certainly enjoyed Timothy Spall when he played Turner.

Has anyone unravelled what's happening with the Nectar points at Sainsbury's. I've never got around to using the 'double up' thing but it does seem sensible as it appears I might be able to buy Benefit make up with a voucher and so get better value. Any advice appreciated.

It's been dull but fairly dry here today. We did our hour's walk this morning so I'm pleased we made the effort to get out.:)
  • lessonlearned
    Options
    Happy Anniversary, Wednesday. Have a lovely time.
  • sheilavw
    sheilavw Posts: 1,605 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning all.

Maman for the double up, go to nectar website, put your card number in and then the amount of points you want to exchange.
    I only had £17.58 so was only able to double up £15 to £30, they then post you the voucher and I think the date for spending is something like 13th to the 19th November
  • lessonlearned
    Options
    Good morning lovely ladies

Sheila.....thanks for that.i had no idea how it worked either. I haven't really got much this time round so I won't bother cashing in but I'll remember to look into into next year. Anyway good to see you posting, hope all is well.

Well here we are November already. Where does the time go. Woke up feeling sore, stiff and tired. Worked really hard yesterday - maybe did a bit too much - so going to take time out today. In fact I'm going to have a nice long paint free weekend. Have a rest. Meeting a friend for coffee and then do some food shopping. I'm well on track to get the dining room finished, it's looking nice.

Heavy rain through the night, the garden is completely waterlogged again. I doubt very much that the new shrubs can survive. Fingers crossed the trees can make it but it can't be doing the root systems much good. They are probably rotting. Oh well can't do anything now till the spring. Will definitely have to address the poor drainage. More money. :o.

This house is a money pit. :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family